Do you take or have you taken an anti-depressant in the past?

bigmitch69 said:
I have taken valium. It helped me forget my worries while i was on them but i had no motivation and a loss of appetite. When i tried to come off the pills i felt lower than when i was before taking them. IMO i would try other treatments or activities before starting medication. I now stop bottling things up and talking to someone really helps me. I used to over do the drinking and drugs when depressed which makes you feel worse in the long run. Now i do things that make me happy. Sorted my finances, finished the girlfriend, started training more and hanging out with people that make you laugh. Proper mates!

As for doing weed or MDMA thats just f@cking stupid. Weed drains your motivation and makes you act like a mong. MDMA is a drug that has very similar effects to ectasy. Its class A here in the UK so you're looking at prison plus taking it makes you chew your face and wanna rave. DOES NOT help with depression.

Hope things work out for ya.

My mom was taking that and it hindered her progress rather than help it.

HeHateMe said:
I used to say the same things Bast was saying, but I've come to the realization that I need to do something about this depression I've been experiencing. I've had a few major setbacks in the past year, and I've had trouble coping with them.

Well, if YOU are having problems, why dont you solve them yourself or by the help of loved ones? I just dont see a point in taking a pill that will make me happy for the moment.

Youre sure its not that youre come off cycle and youre body is not in anywhere near the "state" it should be in?

Man just hang in there and fix the problems you have, thats really all you can do.

I agree, try and fix the problems that are causing the depression. The valium doesn't take away the problem it just stops you worrying about it. But when you come off the meds you'll be feeling lower than before and the problem might still be there. You'll then feel twice as bad as before.

All you can do is work out whats causing you to feel down and try and sort it out. Takes time.

PS if losing money gambling makes you feel down then stop gambling. Spend the money you would have gambled on something that would cheer you up.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bast said:
Well, if YOU are having problems, why dont you solve them yourself or by the help of loved ones? I just dont see a point in taking a pill that will make me happy for the moment.

Youre sure its not that youre come off cycle and youre body is not in anywhere near the "state" it should be in?

Man just hang in there and fix the problems you have, thats really all you can do.

I actually haven't cycled in well over a year, so it's not that my body chemistry is out of whack.

I've never felt this low in my entire life, so I dunno. Maybe I need to see a shrink or something...

simpllyhuge said:
i think my social anxiety was a chemical imbalance and it altered the direction of my life. i became an introvert. now i think it might be under controll but im not used to dealing with social situation as well as some one who had a normal learning experice. It happned right from 18-21 and thats the time i should of gotten used to alot of things that i didnt.

just as an example things that make me uncomforable are haggling or meeting with a proffesor, or confrintation. BUt then their are times where you will bring me to a point where i will be physically confrntational if you try to use it against me.

i was also depressed but i think it might have just been from not enjoying what was happening with the anxeity. Sometimes i just feel un cofident like theire isnt hope but i know its in my head because i have a lot going for me.

Im was on zoloft 100mg and just switched to paxil 20mg. i also take adderal for school.

I also have a problem with caffine and encourage any one who has anxiety issues to evaluate how much caffine they take in, it could add a little bit more uncomforte to your problem.

Hey Huge,
I have a lot of the same issues, feeling like I can't face life and worrying about confrontation then almost exploding. I tried prozac when I was at my worse and it did nothing. My job is the biggest contributor ( I teach) so when the spring then summer comes along I used to come out of it . Then two summers ago I was happy enjoying lifewhen I noticed that any little thing would set me off with tears rolling down my cheek. I went to see "the Wedding Crashers" a fucking comedy and cried!!! That's when I knew I had some type of chemical imbalance ( I wasn't using and hadn't started any gear ) Since then I have been on Celexa and I can watch th enews again without losing sleep.
It's funny what you say about coffee because when I was on Prozac I felt nothing yet whenever I had a cup odf coffee the caffeine would lift my mood and get me pumped in a positive way almost instantly. I agree too much is hard on your mood though.

Yes

HeHateMe said:
There seem to be a lot of threads on various anti-depressants as of late. I'm considering asking my doctor to prescribe one for me as I've been pretty down and can't seem to get out of this rut I've been in the past few months.

Which one(s) were you been prescribed? Dosage? Were they effective? Did you suffer any negative side effects? If so, what were they?

I'm 40 and I was prescribed Paxil for depression and anxiety. Paxil completely changed my life for the positive! It turned me into a normal person. I would not even want to try another medicine. Alot of people can't deal with the initial sides. But I stuck with it and I SWEAR by this stuff. It started working for me immediatly. The sides can make you tired or unmotivated and a little disconnected at first. But it doesn't last. I feel better than I ever have before.
I have cycled Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) while on Paxil and I was fine. High doses of Tren,test, and EQ, no problem. Currently off cycle and I don't feel depressed. I am motivated
to start planning my next training routine, diet, and cycle.
I have a few injuries I have to recover from: Hernia surgeory, and a partiial tear on my right rotor cuff.

Talk to your doctor about Paxil. It changed my life.

mustanged77 said:
I'm 40 and I was prescribed Paxil for depression and anxiety. Paxil completely changed my life for the positive! It turned me into a normal person. I would not even want to try another medicine. Alot of people can't deal with the initial sides. But I stuck with it and I SWEAR by this stuff. It started working for me immediatly. The sides can make you tired or unmotivated and a little disconnected at first. But it doesn't last. I feel better than I ever have before.
I have cycled Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) while on Paxil and I was fine. High doses of Tren,test, and EQ, no problem. Currently off cycle and I don't feel depressed. I am motivated
to start planning my next training routine, diet, and cycle.
I have a few injuries I have to recover from: Hernia surgeory, and a partiial tear on my right rotor cuff.

Talk to your doctor about Paxil. It changed my life.

Isn't Paxil one of the ones most notorious for decreasing one's sex drive?

Never been, never will be......if your feeling down and unmotivated, do a google search for motivational quotes, listen to some uplifting music, does it for me!!!!

Back