Does natural testosterone vary much from day to day?

Pumpedd

Got my testosterone tested 18 months ago and my testosterone was at 494. My most recent test results came back at 293 (range >200). My doctor just told me that it's not much of a big deal as natural testosterone varies from day to day. I'm telling him that's a 40% difference in 18 months and no wonder I've been feeling like crap with no libido... Should I be concerned? Thanks

I bet he was thinking about diurnal variations (why it's important to measure levels in the AM) and not day-to-day.

With a test level that low, a free test level is absolutely required in order to make a a judgment about whether you are normal or not.

My Dr. is scared of testosterone's side effects. He agrees my results are low normal, but he's positive there's nothing wrong with my test levels. I think the world of this guy when it comes to general issues, but not with testosterone. At least I was able to talk him into discussing my results with a urologist.
Additional test results:
Testosterone free is 51 (range 35.0 - 155.0)

Yes, you should be concerned. Both of those numbers are low and sounds like your already experiencing symptoms. How old are you?

Maximushrt !!!

My Dr. is scared of testosterone's side effects. He agrees my results are low normal, but he's positive there's nothing wrong with my test levels. I think the world of this guy when it comes to general issues, but not with testosterone. At least I was able to talk him into discussing my results with a urologist.
Additional test results:
Testosterone free is 51 (range 35.0 - 155.0)

he should be even more scared of Testosterone symptoms and what it can do to your health. watch Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism) - Part 1 - YouTube

Your free test is not all that bad - depending on your age, I might tend to agree with him.

If you are younger, I would suggest trying clomid or even HCG-monotherapy.

Your free test is not all that bad - depending on your age, I might tend to agree with him.

If you are younger, I would suggest trying clomid or even HCG-monotherapy.

I'm 46. Cycled test for about 3 years back when I was early 20's and have been natural since.

What really concerns me is that my natural testosterone dropped 494 to 293 in 18 months. (I believe you're suppose to drop 1 % a year not 40% is 18 months....) Plus, having all the symptoms of low t.

I don't think dr is going to go for clomid or even HCG-monotherapy.
Thanks for all your input.

I don't think dr is going to go for clomid or even HCG-monotherapy.

They typically don't - that's where someone like Chip is your guy.

At 46 I would say it's not as promising (the mono-therapy) but looking forward to 30-40 years of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is also a challenge.

Back