Dr. says COLD TURKEY STOP??? Bad idea?

Why are people saying someone at 41 cannot recover?

It really bugs me when people with obvious little to no experience make claims like that.

We have had 55 year old men post 900 ng/dl natural levels after properly doing a restart. So anyone shooting this down has NO IDEA what they are talking about.

Why are people saying someone at 41 cannot recover?

It really bugs me when people with obvious little to no experience make claims like that.

We have had 55 year old men post 900 ng/dl natural levels after properly doing a restart. So anyone shooting this down has NO IDEA what they are talking about.

LOL that's higher than what I was when I was on TRT ha ha ha .

If the TRT was caused by too low levels of own produced Testosterone, why should it be better after TRT?
Or TRT was not necessary, so it all is bad!
I don't speak here about bodybuilders problems! ;) I mean medical reasons...

If the TRT was caused by too low levels of own produced Testosterone, why should it be better after TRT?
Or TRT was not necessary, so it all is bad!
I don't speak here about bodybuilders problems! ;) I mean medical reasons...

You are still not making sense, so I give up. I guess my EXPERIENCE over the last 10 years and IMT's 3,000 clients are not on your level of expertise.

Sounds like many people are using TRT as fun...?
Here you get a TRT only if you have really problems to make your own Testosterone and have too low levels so after TRT you don't will have a chance thet it will be better... more the opposite.

Sorry, but people who are ok after TRT have had never problems and were using it with no medical background.

Here you get a TRT only if you have really problems to make your own Testosterone and have too low levels so after TRT you don't will have a chance thet it will be better... more the opposite.

Sorry, but people who are ok after TRT have had never problems and were using it with no medical background.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You can need TRT and still end up recovering. It depends on why the testosterone was low, if it was due to something genetic, or some type of medication they have taken in the past. There is no way to know why someone has low testosterone, except for obvious reasons like ASIH.

Also there are multiple studies that have confirmed that someone with low T, due to not fully developing (hypogonadotropic hypogonadism), actually taking testosterone for 6 months and then discontinuing the testosterone and getting higher, much higher, levels than previous to the TRT all natural.

So like I said, you are spewing nonsense that you have read on the internet somewhere that is simply not true, and it is dangerous.

Last edited:
Summary
A 34-year-old male presented to the endocrinology clinic with the complaint of the absence of facial, axillary and pubic hairs. Further history revealed absent ejaculations and decreased early morning erections. The patient had no history of headaches, visual problems or anosmia. On physical examination, there were sparse facial, axillary and pubic hairs, bilateral gynaecomastia, stretch penile length of 5 cm and bilateral testicular volume of 10 mL. Laboratory investigations showed low luteinising hormone, follicular stimulating hormone and testosterone with normal prolactin and thyroid profile. MRI of the pituitary gland showed no evidence of pituitary microadenoma or macroadenoma. The patient was started on testosterone injections. After months of testosterone replacement, the patients testicular size increased to 20 mL bilaterally and his penile length increased to the mean adult size for his age with normal testosterone and luteinising hormone. He was, thus, advised to discontinue testosterone therapy.

https://casereports.bmj.com/content/2017/bcr-2016-218729

BACKGROUND
Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, which may be associated with anosmia (the Kallmann syndrome) or with a normal sense of smell, is a treatable form of male infertility caused by a congenital defect in the secretion or action of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). Patients have absent or incomplete sexual maturation by the age of 18. Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism was previously thought to require lifelong therapy. We describe 15 men in whom reversal of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism was sustained after discontinuation of hormonal therapy.

CONCLUSIONS
Sustained reversal of normosmic idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and the Kallmann syndrome was noted after discontinuation of treatment in about 10% of patients with either absent or partial puberty. Therefore, brief discontinuation of hormonal therapy to assess reversibility of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism is reasonable.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa066494

Last edited:

incorrect statement jojo. read up on trt.

yeah right, everyone loves to spend over a thousand dollars a month just because its fun to be on trt. lol, that rythms!

Have read it and it only works on people who had no correct testosterone levels im puberty and yes, this is correct.
But all others, toth low levels who are generated over time... sorry, no.

Thats not true, there just isn't a study on it. So if you want to be blind, be my guest. We have done it many times, I guess you think I am lying? :rolleyes2

Not too mention that Clomid has been proven in MULTIPLE studies to increase spermatogenesis on hypogonadal men.

What you're saying is so incorrect, that you are now just trying to save face, or you have an ulterior motive to keep people on testosterone. Have fun.

Last edited:
What I know is, TRT kills your own production over time and don't support it to heal. Sorry, that is what I read overall and I read much.
;)

At the end of the day.......many people recover to previous test levels and even higher...FACT

And......many people do not recover and end up lower than before.

There are many factors at play here. Medications (both current and previous), genetics, traumatic accidents, normal fluctuations with age......etc.
We are not all the same. Some will recover and some will not. You have to try if you want to know. Let's not discourage people from trying to recover if they wish to. If you fail......go back on trt.

Good luck

Back