drawing from amp...

StoneColdNTO said:
I'll leave your first comment alone...........but..........

As far as your statement about flicking the amp to get the oil out of the top, ever think that might be because there is positive air pressure in the amp. Break off the top and try it and see what happens.

SometimesGood Advice....SometimesBad Advice, LOL !!

Exactly. Which is why you could achieve the same result by quickly turning the amp upside down. It just depends on the molecular weight of the liquid in the amp, the size of the opening, and how quickly it's turned. A few other things, too, but you get the point. Anyways, yeah.. SometimesGood, SometimesBad... and that doesn't just go for advice. :)
lol

Well, it worked for me in class, but I could understand where you coming from because I would'nt wanna lose money on gear because I tried soemthing new. Every amp counts, but in all honesty I tried this in class with ampules of water based substances and oil based, and I was pretty amazed. I did'nt tell anyone they HAD to do it, just simply stated that I found it easier than drawing it out the good ol fashioned way.

Ray

I draw verything up with 18 ga, then use 25ga to shoot it. I use new needle everytime and would never touch the needle with anything before injecting.

eastarr69 said:
anyone use an amp opener and pull of the needle and draw into the syringe from the top of the amp into the syringe....then put on the needle and inject? i did this because my omna did not like drawing into the needle...it leaves fine with some pressure....

E

Do You mean That U just take of the Needle from the Syringe and draw with the syringe instead of the needle? and then press the needle back on and shoot? So u say u dont waste an extra needle by doing this? :) Peace.

clockwork said:
I draw verything up with 18 ga, then use 25ga to shoot it. I use new needle everytime and would never touch the needle with anything before injecting.
exactly :)

As far as turning it upside down goes (for aqueous amps)....it works. Why? Surface tension of the water exceeds the gravitational pull forced upon the area of the water exposed to the air. Thats why many insects can walk on water etc etc.

The Terminator said:
I didn't mean change pins, just the needle.

WTF?!?

That just makes NO sense!

So let me get this straight. You pull the gear through the pin and then into your needle..... Then, you keep the same pin, change the needle and inject empty air into yourself?

Zylo said:
WTF?!?

That just makes NO sense!

So let me get this straight. You pull the gear through the pin and then into your needle..... Then, you keep the same pin, change the needle and inject empty air into yourself?

Obviously U think that 1-2 or even 3 ccs fits into the needle... hahahahahahaha. The Gear always stay inside the pin. He draws the gear using a bigger needle into the Pin, changes that needle because it is dull or it might have gotten bacteria on it during drawing or simply because u can draw a hell of a lot faster using an 18gauge needle. then simply replacing the needle with whatever of his choice for the right injection spot = less percent of getting an infection and convenient.

Unless you are planning to inject your self with a straw sized needle.

No, the way he described it sounded like he was pulling the gear through the needle(sharp pointy part) into the syringe (plastic tube). Then changing tubes......... but keeping the sharp pointy part with nothing in it.....

It just made zero sense the way he described it...

A little cross of terminology there.

To me the "Pin" is the actually steel needle. and a Syringe is the Plastic Tube part.

Zylo said:
No, the way he described it sounded like he was pulling the gear through the needle(sharp pointy part) into the syringe (plastic tube). Then changing tubes......... but keeping the sharp pointy part with nothing in it.....

It just made zero sense the way he described it...

A little cross of terminology there.

To me the "Pin" is the actually steel needle. and a Syringe is the Plastic Tube part.

hehe ok :) Sorry my bad. And yeah he described it a little bit funny ;)

RaynMela said:
NO nNO NO... I meant AMPULE guys, seriously. I learned and EVEN tried it and it works for both OIL and WATER based substances. ONce you break open the ampule you quickly turn it upside down, if you do it too slow it will spill out while on its side. What Ihappens is a pocket of air will be holding the liquid/oil keeping it from falling out of the ampule when its upside down, and you can draw it out supside down, just make sure your needlepoint isnt past the oil/water or else you will suck up the air behind it THEN causing it to drop from the ampule.

Ray

PS: Im a nursing student (DONT LAUGH!) and have just learned tinjections so they taught us this as well, my classmates were pretty amazed at how much I knew about giving Injections and drawing them out.....LOL

bump for this anyone try it yet, SC, Goldie??? i hear this is the wya to do it :insane2:

I do it all the time. Surface tension guys, fluid dynamics. The weight of the fluid inside the broken, upside-down amp is NOT heavy enough to overcome the surface tension of the respective fluid. Again, this is why many insects walk on water, miniscuses exist, etc etc.

You have to turn it upside-down quickly because otherwise the fluid wont come in contact with the circumfrence of the amp fast enough.

All in all, its not rocket science but there is quite a bit of math to back this up if anyone is STILL scared to flip and amp before they pull.

DougoeFre5h said:
I do it all the time. Surface tension guys, fluid dynamics. The weight of the fluid inside the broken, upside-down amp is NOT heavy enough to overcome the surface tension of the respective fluid. Again, this is why many insects walk on water, miniscuses exist, etc etc.

You have to turn it upside-down quickly because otherwise the fluid wont come in contact with the circumfrence of the amp fast enough.

All in all, its not rocket science but there is quite a bit of math to back this up if anyone is STILL scared to flip and amp before they pull.

Just tried it with Winstrol (winny), worked great !!

i draw up amps all day at work wether it be from antibiotics to lignociane to sterile water in plastic amps we usually all turn em either upside down or at a acute angle, the liguid has never fallen out of the vial/amp at any time, plus it means u can get the bevel of the needle right up close to the side of the amp in the neck and none is left behind...
try it with a empty amp, fill it with 1ml of water and turn it upside down, unless ur really rough or start to shake it it will stay there inside the amp( think its the tensile strength of the surface or summat) and drawing it up is much easier...

Back