Drinking to much water while you workout?

The bottled water I used is actually taken from underground springs about 50 miles from where I live...but the water there is good water. It is for the convenience of it. Well, for my wife, I am fine filling up my own bottle.

Out of habit more than anything, I've always used bottled mineral water but the article makes me think its a complete waste of money.
The part about tap water being more regulated than bottled was particularly eye opening.

But tap water taste's awful, and bottled water doesn't so...I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon :)

Brita 1g system in the fridge does it for me. Chlorine is the biggest offender IME. It is pretty crazy how much leeway some companies have when it comes to "supplements".

Yeah chlorine is my prob with tap water but some municipalities use fluoride as well. I looked up my zip code and it turns out there is fluride in my water.

And I have 2 brita 1 g jugs going in my house. But I have a feeling the charcoal filter doesnt filter out the smaller chlorine and fluoride particles..... I think the charcoal gets rid of the chlorine taste though.

I also notice whenever its raining hard that the tap water has more of a chlorine smell to it. I think they add more chlorine cause of the major influx of water coming into the system.

The charcoal does remove chlorine, but of course they don't specify how much - or if all. The water where I live is very hard, so it's damn near impossible to drink the tap water without tasting something like liquid gravel. I never noticed any difference after a rain, but that's not a common occurrence in my part of the world. ;)

For a good time find the Penn and Teller's Bullsh!t episode about bottled water. Lots of good stuff in there.

Everyone knows coconut water is so awesome it can be used as an IV fluid if necessary...if you're the Khmer Rouge. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_water

This is wrong. You need to drink water. I mix packet of electrolytes with BCAA and sip on it during lifting and post workout cardio. Your pee should be clear is when u know if you have plenty of water in your system.

This is wrong. You need to drink water. I mix packet of electrolytes with BCAA and sip on it during lifting and post workout cardio. Your pee should be clear is when u know if you have plenty of water in your system.

After all the vit.b is gone yep.

Funny is to see the scrawny kids carrying a big jug of water that probably weighs more than them. And that shit is always full. It's just an item of apparel.
It's like walking with your arms wide open without having developed lats...It's something we see every day.

Last time I bought some it was from Costco. I can't remember how much but it seemed like it was about half of what you'd have to pay for singles.

Most "coconut water" on the market is crap in my opinion. It's sweetened and has preservatives added. It's a "processed food" no matter how you look at it. If you want actual coconut water, go get yourself a coconut, chop it open and stick a straw in it. Eat the meat as well. That stuff IS truly amazing. Had some while I was on a cruise last year. Had a mild hang over, and that stuff straightens you right up.

If they are wrestlers / fighters / competition prepping and dropping weight (really drying out) they may have that gallon jug full of distilled water to help with cutting weight. You drink the low / 0 mineral water for about 1 week then stop at the end and your body will continue to remove the excess water. Plus the mineral depletion reduces the water you hold on to. It can be very dangerous to do this, but it may be what you are seeing.

Water is a vital part of any diet and exercise program — not to mention life in general — because it aids every aspect of bodily function. Water is a huge component of muscle and is important for energy production, so if you want to make the most of your workout, make sure you're well hydrated.

What time do most of you stop consuming water? I find myself waking up twice every night to pee. It bothers the fuck out of me, I need my sleep. I'm starting to cut water off in large amounts about 2 hours before bed. Any ideas?

From my understanding excessive water consumption can actually do damage to the liver and kidneys. However, the amount of water you consume to become damaging varies greatly on the person, diet, the bodies temperature, the amount of exercise being performed and the type of exercise. I also experienced the same concern when I discontinued exercise for a short period of time and I still felt very thirsty all the time. I ended up retaining a lot of that water and noticed some pretty significant weight gain from it. Does your hands and feet ever feel swollen? Does your face puff up? Those two things are common signs of excessive water consumption leading to water retention. I would contact a doctor if you feel any serious concerns. Best of luck!

Back