Dukan Diet

barney10

Has anybody had experience with the dukan diet on a cut?

I believe it is essentially a protein only diet until glycogen stores are depleted where some carbs are allowed from vegetables

Never heard of that particular diet but I have done keto with is basically 65% fat, 30% protien, 5% carb diet. My carbs came from only veggies and greens. That diet worked very nicely. I think the biggest factor is that you are in a caloric restricted diet and you exercise regularly, which is a sure plan to lose weight and cut body fat in a healthy manner.

Last edited:
Never heard of that particular diet but I have done keto with is basically 65% protein, 30% fat, 5% carb diet. My carbs came from only veggies and greens. That diet worked very nicely. I think the biggest factor is that you are in a caloric restricted diet and you exercise regularly, which is a sure plan to lose weight and cut body fat in a healthy manner.

It would be pretty similar I think but cutting out more fat. Would be tough but do you think that would yield better results?
I've only ever done low fat diets and have had good results without losing any strength. Insulin protects the protein in muscle from being oxidised for energy so I'm not to keen on the keto diet

Sorry mate i made a mistake, it was 65% fat, stupid typo. Basically your body would use fat for energy and stored fat would also be used as energy to get that stubborn fat eradicated from your body. If your not keen with keto, how about a version of it where you eat carbs but the majority of them is 1-2 hours before you workout and then directly post workout and very minimal carbs for the rest of the day. Or you can try carb cycling. That is the beauty of our bodies and how it works because every body is different and some form of variation of diet must work. Keep trying and see what best suits ya!

worse diet ever...no fat...no carb...it will completely damage ones metabolism...it doesn't worth it...

Back