Aquaorange

First post!

Currently not taking anything, and the things that concern me are:

Testosterone 370 [250-827 (ng/dL)]
Total Estrogen 220.8 [60-190 (pg/mL)]
Estradiol 39 [0- 39 (pg/mL) ]
SHBG 44 [10-50 (nmol/L) ]
ACTH Plasma 48 [6-50 (pg/mL)]

I've been having symptoms including: trouble sleeping, hard to lose fat, poor wound healing, low sex drive, soft erections, fatigue, persistent acne (accutane barely helps and only temporarily), bloating.

My question is this: can E2 levels like that cause all of these problems? I've looked up the symptoms of high E2 and I basically have them all, except gyno, but then I've seen people post their labs of 80+ E2 and have no symptoms; however, these people all have 1000+ testosterone. I've heard of this testosterone/Estradiol ratio, but cant draw any conclusions. Is 39 E2 high enough to cause problems?

Male, 24 y/o, 6'0", 162 lbs.

thanks!

Last edited:
What time of the day did you have your blood work drawn? You are pretty close to Hypogonadal levels with TT of only 370ng/dl. Go over to the TRT Forum and read the sticky threads for more info.

Did you check LH and FSH? Prolactin? TSH?

This was taken at 7:30 AM, which is also concerning. However, 2 weeks prior I had my testosterone tested at a different lab at 4:30 pm and it read:

Total: 504 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free: 82.6 (35.0-155.0 pg/mL)

Still lower than ideal, but hypogonadal levels? I wish I had my E2 tested at that time as well. I had LH, FSH, and TSH checked multiple times these past 4 years, all coming back within range, but I don't have copies of those results anymore and they aren't online. Never checked Prolactin.

Other things to note is that I was working out consistently for about 8 months, then stopped about a month or two before taking that 500 testosterone test. The 370 testosterone test was 2 weeks after that, so the higher earlier testosterone level could be a result of that.

I'm just confused since I've been looking at hundreds of people's bloodworks online this past month and I rarely see anyone with lowish T and high E2. High E is usually associated with high T after some form of TRT, and those with low T often have quite low E2, hence why I was curious about this mystical E2/T ratio. Only thing that makes sense to me is that I aromatize an abnormally high amount, high enough that it might cause problems naturally.

There is at least one study I have seen which appears to refute or at least cast doubt on the importance of T/E2 ratio for ED and libido. The authors conclude that testing E2 isn't important :rolleyes:

tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13685538.2016.1253672

Interesting. Never came across this study in my search, although the age of the participants is much older than me. Not testing E2 though...questionable

Interesting. Never came across this study in my search, although the age of the participants is much older than me. Not testing E2 though...questionable

I agree, though I do think that it isn't all that easy to get ED symptoms from hormone imbalance (excepting prolactin?). I had <300 T before starting TRT, have crashed my E2 and had high E2... accompanied by various symptoms but never ED.

My libido and ED are very minor, but they have been getting slowly worse these past 4+ years. My fatigue symptom is the most severe, and I've suffered from it for awhile. I've had tons of blood work across many doctors, and the only thing from it that explains it is the oddly higher E2.

Most high E2 testimonials I see are short term, so its hard to say if slightly elevated E2 prolonged over years would be enough to cause energy problems. But again, lowish T and high E2 really only indicate an aromatizing problem right? The only way E2 is obtained is from testosterone?

EDIT: Found more recent labs (5/13/2016 4:30 pm). Of note are:

TSH Ultrasensitive 2.74 (.350-5.500)
Vitamin D 29 (30-100 Deficient
Free T3 3.6 (2.3-4.2)
Free T4 1.3 (0.8-1.7)
AST (SGOT) 30 (<50)
ALT (SGPT) 20 (<50)
Albumin 5.1 (3.7-5.0) High

Not sure Albumin relevance, but surprised my doc didnt even mention the Vitamin D. Have a hard time believing that is causing my extreme low energy all the time. I live in Southern California where its sunny all the time, and I walk to school. Weird. I'll start supplementing that immediately.

whats your diet regime?

No set diet, but I generally eat healthily, although my carb craving is for sure higher than most peoples, which I think is related. There's no way a bad diet is causing all these problems.

I bought some Exemestane (Aromasin) and I'll carefully introduce a small amount in order to see if Estradiol is the actual problem so I can finally check that off the list.

No set diet, but I generally eat healthily, although my carb craving is for sure higher than most peoples, which I think is related. There's no way a bad diet is causing all these problems.

I bought some Exemestane (Aromasin) and I'll carefully introduce a small amount in order to see if Estradiol is the actual problem so I can finally check that off the list.

I live on top of a french bakery so my carb craving is really high these days, cant figure out why though.

do you have your a1c and fasting glucose?

i think the whole "ratio" idea makes no sense, at least for my body. no matter how much test i am on, if my e2 is anywhere outside of the 25-40 range my body cant hang and i get sides.

wrong. A bad diet can definitely cause it. Eating is for nutrients because your body needs nutrients to do all functions. Fix your fucking diet. Why do you want drugs when your body would do everything you need and want and more if you take care of it.

Now you want to destroy aromatase enzymes permanently??

Fix your diet and watch the fucking magic. forget about magic pills

wrong. A bad diet can definitely cause it. Eating is for nutrients because your body needs nutrients to do all functions. Fix your fucking diet. Why do you want drugs when your body would do everything you need and want and more if you take care of it.

Now you want to destroy aromatase enzymes permanently??

Fix your diet and watch the fucking magic. forget about magic pills

You make new aromatase.

Back