Elbow pain

joshbeam1

Any of u get pain in the elbows?? It is more profound in my left elbow..inner elbow. Talked w/a bud of mine who is a physical therapist n he thought it was "tennis elbow" usually caused by over use. I've had it before but it has gotten worse lately. I didn't think lifting 3x per wk would classify as over use by anymeans so dunno wtf. I've just been taking ibuprophin for now. ANy other suggestions??
thanks

-Ice after workouts
-wear elbow sleeves
-buy a msm\menthol blend and apply under the elbow sleeves
-msm\glucosomine pills
-drop curls and forearm work
-if you are doing skull crusher variations etc--up the rep range or drop them completly

Hope all that helps --i am always dealing with tendonitis \sore elbows it has its good and really bad days.

Hows the hip injury?

mister69 said:
-Ice after workouts
-wear elbow sleeves
-buy a msm\menthol blend and apply under the elbow sleeves
-msm\glucosomine pills
-drop curls and forearm work
-if you are doing skull crusher variations etc--up the rep range or drop them completly

Hope all that helps --i am always dealing with tendonitis \sore elbows it has its good and really bad days.

Hows the hip injury?

I agree with all this. I would get it as a pitcher for my college baseball team. There's a tendon that rolls over the inner elbow bone and will get get strained. Only way to really heal it is to stop using it. Trust me. Drop every isolation exercise you are doing. I'd take an entire week off using it to get it to heal, the longer the better. MSM/glucosamin/con will def help with the pain. Staff away from ibufrofen..maybe try an aleve (naproxim sodium if it hurts that much). This is the kind of lifting pain you DON'T want. it's get worse before it gets better If you keep using it.

I get this from doing various grips on triceps work...another thing I suggest is getting one of those elbow band thingies that you put right below your elbow...I've found this helps alleviate the pain when I lift...also, like mentioned below, try and avoid too much ibuprofen...can damage your stomach...

what do you mean inner elbow? thumb side (lateral) or pinkie side ( medial).

you can get tendonitis on either side ( medial=golfers, lateral =tennis). If the tendons have become inflamed you need to back off on all aggrivating activities to let it recover. Stay away from presses ( bench, shoulder, skull crushes etc) and try some NSAIDS.

ice can work, as well as some forms of taping. if it is a true tendonitis then often 2 weeks of rest followed by eccentric strengthening programs can help

Back