every year this bothers me

organdoner

been a little over a year since the wife passed. i want to share my feelings about christmas gift giving. most charities want gifts for kids in new unwrapped boxes etc.
my son is 26 and my grandson who is 3 plays with my sons toys from over 23-24 years ago all in immaculate condition. why won't charities except these toys because they are not new ? hot wheels, remote control cars, gi joes etc in perfect condition. i have enough toys for maybe 50 kids and toy drives will not take them. certainly some families can use them to make their children happy for the holiday. i'm not asking for any money. they can put the toys in a box and wrap them. a kid 3-5 years is not gonna know they are not new. i know a small complaint but every year i know some kid out there gets nothing and these toys could make their day.

good on you bro. those damn charities are so rich that they only accept new toys for the kids since the toys never make it to the kids and the charities sell them online and collect the cash.

your better off going to mexico, Guatemala , Honduras etc and give them to a NGO there that will accept all that you have and goes directly to the kids and greatly appreciated it. Blessings to you bro for your charity and hope it all goes well with you.

I know in my area, it's a "sterilization" issue for not accepting used toys. You could try and sell current toys and use money for new toys.

Back