Everything I learned at the Drs office and looking to discuss with yous guys

yellowballs

I am on TRT and comfortable with my Dr. but I am always open minded and looking to improve on things. I found a Dr. who is a D.O. not an endo or uroligist. He does anti-ageing , some chiropractor, food & seasonal allergies, vitamins, etc. He basically calls himself a one stop for everything Dr.

I told him I was on TRT and they took blood and then this is what he explained to me and what is to the best of my memory;

(he talked alot so Im just going to throw down as It comes to mind)

He said that most men with low T can get their normal T function back 90% of the time.

Supplements from vitamin stores dont really do anything and can actually make matters worse. Most supps are from China now and may contain harsh chems,heavy metals etc. I told him that Milk Thistle is one of my supps. He said that whatever you put in your body has to be metabolized by your liver. So the liver has to work to break down the Milk Thistle ....then by the time it does that it hardly delivers the healthy punch thats needed by your liver.....he actually siad your better off not taking anything cause then your liver gets to rest more. ( keep in mind this Dr. actually gives vitamin treatments via injection, so he may be just trying to sell me something).

He said Test is actually estrogen, you inject it and your liver turns it into Testosterone (Wtf is this? I never knew that! )

Diet wise he said those on TRT should have a very specific diet ,some things here I agree with and others I don't. For instance he said that TRT patients have to be careful with carbs cause you can become insulin resistant or even diabetic. I told him my carbs are low glycemic and he was happy to hear that. I agree with this but not just for TRT patients but for everyone. What I didnt agree with was that he held up his smart phone and said this is 30g of meat, it is all you should eat in one day. He said no more than 30g of animal protein a day and to get the rest from plant based. This includes egg whites!.

So thats basically one chicken breast or one plate of egg whts a day.... you choose. So if you need 150-200g of protein a day the rest is gonna have to come from beans and what not. I dont know, what do you guys think?

Everything this guy was talkin about was geared to optimal liver health and heart health. I told him my last labs showed a decrease in my HDL hence why I am taking red yeast,milk thistle,NAC, Garlic w/ Allicyn.

He didnt really answer much on that because he wants to see my BW first but in a round about way he sounded like he would lower my TRT dose to the point were my HDL will come up??? Im sort of reading into this but thats my gut for now.

He finalized by saying that using TRT is still a very new practice and using the drugs can be very dangerous. He welcomes open discussions and will never rush a patient.

I am going back for a follow up on my labs and to have a test for food & seasonal allergies. I would like to hear the boards thoughts on what I've wrote and maybe you guys have some input as to any questions I should ask him on my next visit.

Thnx!

Last edited:
If you are quoting him correctly he sounds like a quack. Injected testosterone is testosterone. It is not estrogen. WTF?

Did he say that 90% of the time that hypogonadal men can restore their TT to age appropriate healthy levels?

TRT has been around for quite some time. I wouldnt describe it as "very new".

30 grams proteins from animal sources and low carb?
His patients gonna eat lots and lots of beans.
Time to see another doc my friend.

30 grams proteins from animal sources and low carb?
His patients gonna eat lots and lots of beans.
Time to see another doc my friend.

Lol! I was dying thinking of all the responses! Hes not my Dr for TRT.... I still would like to go back and get the allergy test done. May as well.

Mega, he did not say hypogonadal .... he said men with low T..... That is precisely why I posted this , cause this dude was fuckin my head up !
He was so convincing about test being estrogen and it gets converted!! Beware men in white coats .....

If you are quoting him correctly he sounds like a quack. Injected testosterone is testosterone. It is not estrogen. WTF?

Did he say that 90% of the time that hypogonadal men can restore their TT to age appropriate healthy levels?

TRT has been around for quite some time. I wouldnt describe it as "very new".

Bingo this doctor Where did he get in degree?

Bingo this doctor Where did he get in degree?

I didnt ask.... some where in Eastern Europe I believe.... He sounds like dracula when he talks and he rolls his eyes up in his head and sways back and forth...hahha Im laughing while I type this.

The more I think about it the more nuts I really think this guy was. Im at least gonna get my labs from him when I get back there. and then Ill run!!

He said Test is actually estrogen, you inject it and your liver turns it into Testosterone (I never knew that! Im sure most of you guy know it tho)

k0lp9u.png

Ummmm, this doctor is another quack. I'd run away as fast as possible.

Ps- low glycemic carbs won't save you from diabetes or insulin resistance and neither do they have the alleged benefit over high glycemic sources

Ummmm, this doctor is another quack. I'd run away as fast as possible.

Ps- low glycemic carbs won't save you from diabetes or insulin resistance and neither do they have the alleged benefit over high glycemic sources

Does a person on TRT have greater possibility for becoming ins. resistant or diabetic? Or the same as everyone else?

Does a person on TRT have greater possibility for becoming ins. resistant or diabetic? Or the same as everyone else?

I'm not sure as to what exactly your doctor is referencing when he claims to be careful of carbs while on TRT bc you can get insulin resistant or diabetic. Is there something specific he's talking about or what bc even those who are NOT on TRT get insulin resistance and develop diabetes. It doesn't take TRT to cause diabetes or insulin resistance and carbs aren't the direct cause in any case. It's a multi-variable problem and your doctor seems like he's saying TRT and carbs will cause diabetes which is bogus. Here are a few cases of TRT actually IMPROVING insulin resistance:

Eur J Endocrinol. 2006 Jun;154(6):899-906.
Testosterone replacement therapy improves insulin resistance, glycaemic control, visceral adiposity and hypercholesterolaemia in hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes.
Kapoor D, Goodwin E, Channer KS, Jones TH.
Author information

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
Low levels of testosterone in men have been shown to be associated with type 2 diabetes, visceral adiposity, dyslipidaemia and metabolic syndrome. We investigated the effect of testosterone treatment on insulin resistance and glycaemic control in hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes.
DESIGN:
This was a double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study in 24 hypogonadal men (10 treated with insulin) over the age of 30 years with type 2 diabetes.
METHODS:
Patients were treated with i.m. testosterone 200 mg every 2 weeks or placebo for 3 months in random order, followed by a washout period of 1 month before the alternate treatment phase. The primary outcomes were changes in fasting insulin sensitivity (as measured by homeostatic model index (HOMA) in those not on insulin), fasting blood glucose and glycated haemoglobin. The secondary outcomes were changes in body composition, fasting lipids and blood pressure. Statistical analysis was performed on the delta values, with the treatment effect of placebo compared against the treatment effect of testosterone.
RESULTS:
Testosterone therapy reduced the HOMA index (-1.73 +/- 0.67, P = 0.02, n = 14), indicating an improved fasting insulin sensitivity. Glycated haemoglobin was also reduced (-0.37 +/- 0.17%, P = 0.03), as was the fasting blood glucose (-1.58 +/- 0.68 mmol/l, P = 0.03). Testosterone treatment resulted in a reduction in visceral adiposity as assessed by waist circumference (-1.63 +/- 0.71 cm, P = 0.03) and waist/hip ratio (-0.03 +/- 0.01, P = 0.01). Total cholesterol decreased with testosterone therapy (-0.4 +/- 0.17 mmol/l, P = 0.03) but no effect on blood pressure was observed.
CONCLUSIONS:
Testosterone replacement therapy reduces insulin resistance and improves glycaemic control in hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes. Improvements in glycaemic control, insulin resistance, cholesterol and visceral adiposity together represent an overall reduction in cardiovascular risk.
PMID: 16728551

Testosterone replacement therapy improves i... [Eur J Endocrinol. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.omicsonline.org/testosterone-treatment-improves-insulin-resistance-in-japanese-male%20metabolic-syndrome-2157-7536.1000116.pdf

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/565800_1

Androgen Therapy Improves Insulin Sensitivity and Decreases Leptin Level in Healthy Adult Men With Low Plasma Total Testosterone

Testosterone Concentrations in Women and Men With NIDDM

The question you should be asking yourself is this, is it the TRT protocol and carbs that's causing insulin resistance and diabetes or is it chronic over eating, lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyles, poor nutrient intakes, unhealthy lifestyle factors, etc that are causing the problems? Is TRT leading to insulin resistance or is it just that those who are on TRT are at a greater risk for insulin resistance bc of PRIOR unhealthy habits, lifestyle, etc?

He said " people taking testosterone have to be careful of eating too many carbs because they have a greater chance of developing issues." So thats what he believes. We all know this guy is either nuts or just has some backwoods mentality he brought over from Europe. Pretty much everything he said to me was wrong. I was just thinking maybe there was a bit of truth to something, anything he was saying......NOT.

Dre, wow when you answer someones question you really answer it! Holy shit!

He said " people taking testosterone have to be careful of eating too many carbs because they have a greater chance of developing issues." So thats what he believes. We all know this guy is either nuts or just has some backwoods mentality he brought over from Europe. Pretty much everything he said to me was wrong. I was just thinking maybe there was a bit of truth to something, anything he was saying......NOT.

Dre, wow when you answer someones question you really answer it! Holy shit!

But that's the thing, being hypogonadal IS unhealthy. Many numerous studies support the fact that androgen therapy has helped many many people AND not remaining hypogonadal is unhealthy. Forget diabetes and insulin resistance (IR) for a second, does the doctor not see how anyone who is hypogonadal is ALREADY at a higher risk for many health complications? People on TRT are at a greater chance of developing issues with or without the carbs. There is no evidence to support his claims, he has a pet theory and is following it blindly at the risk and expense of his 'followers'.

This doc appears to be ass-backwards. Testosterone gets converted to estrogen, not the other way around.

Everything he said was nuts, I asked him exactly what you just said... he said that the liver turns it back to estrogen again!! Lol!

I think it is always good to get 2nd opinons and just have a set of fresh eyes or someone looking at things from another angel , you may learn somethin new. But my head was spinning when I left his office (plus he had two hotties working at the front desk and the girl drawing my blood was not bad either!) I was starting to second guess myself.

I figured there may be a little merit to something he was saying, thats why I made this post.

Like his idea of a proper diet. Sure he's Dr. and most docs are not gonna tell you to eat hardcore, But even if your doc wants you to cut back on meat what the hell is 30 g ???

The big one for me was his thoughts on taking vitamins. He ws really interested in what I was taking and after I told him everything he said it really doesnt do anything and actually hurts your liver because it all goes thru your liver anyway.
But heres the rub, he will inject you with vitamins instead. Of course that puts more money in his pocket so why not.

Maybe injections or IV is a better way to get your nutrients and maybe taking vitamins orally is not as good, but as far as them hurting your liver????

Everything he said was nuts, I asked him exactly what you just said... he said that the liver turns it back to estrogen again!! Lol!

I think it is always good to get 2nd opinons and just have a set of fresh eyes or someone looking at things from another angel , you may learn somethin new. But my head was spinning when I left his office (plus he had two hotties working at the front desk and the girl drawing my blood was not bad either!) I was starting to second guess myself.

I figured there may be a little merit to something he was saying, thats why I made this post.

Like his idea of a proper diet. Sure he's Dr. and most docs are not gonna tell you to eat hardcore, But even if your doc wants you to cut back on meat what the hell is 30 g ???

The big one for me was his thoughts on taking vitamins. He ws really interested in what I was taking and after I told him everything he said it really doesnt do anything and actually hurts your liver because it all goes thru your liver anyway.
But heres the rub, he will inject you with vitamins instead. Of course that puts more money in his pocket so why not.

Maybe injections or IV is a better way to get your nutrients and maybe taking vitamins orally is not as good, but as far as them hurting your liver????

Well your liver metabolizes most vitamins and minerals so yes the liver gets worked but it's hardly liver damaging unless you get to toxic levels of those nutrients. Ask your doctor to explain how vitamins don't do anything, I'd love to hear this as they're digested and absorbed all while being metabolized in the liver.

Injecting vitamins has better absorption and availability. Bioavailability is close to 100% wih injections and considered 100% when injected IV. Injections also bypass first pass in the liver so it avoids this grossly exaggerated claim of liver damage.

Back