Experiences with low dose Proviron

Chiefy

Just looking to see if anyone has input into using a low dose of Proviron (25mg/day). Looks like an interesting compound, and seems relatively safe in terms of side effects.

I see that many recommend 50mg/day and I'm not opposed to that, but I prefer to be a little more cautious than others when it comes to new compounds. Would 25mg/day be a waste of time?

Also, there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information out there regarding its effect on the liver and lipid profiles. Doesn't appear to be hepatoxic, but many anecdotal reports say otherwise.

More concerned with its effect on lipids though. I assume it's dose dependent to a degree?

Current protocol:

- 125mg/week test C
- 125mg/week Deca

Last edited:
Just started trying a little proviron with TRT myself.
Is your test/ deca dose above a cruise or a cycle?

What are you looking to gain from the proviron? I know it has anti estrogenic qualities as well can boost libido.

Just started trying a little proviron with TRT myself.
Is your test/ deca dose above a cruise or a cycle?

What dose did you settle on? How are you liking it so far?

I guess you could call it a cruise. I'm on TRT, and I don't really take my doses all that high (relative to other AAS users) when I blast. I don't really have much need to use large doses of anything when I blast.

I get good results from "mini blasts", and the adverse changes to my bloodwork aren't really worth it to me. My HDL takes a pretty substantial hit if I take it too far.

What are you looking to gain from the proviron? I know it has anti estrogenic qualities as well can boost libido.

I'm interested in the potential effects on libido and sense of well being that others often report.

Libido is good on my current protocol, but I wouldn't mind experimenting with a bit of an increase there. Mood/energy level is also fine for the most part, but I have a crazy work schedule that doesn't really allow me to keep regular hours. Some days I feel pretty run down because of that. Obviously Proviron isn't a substitute for sleep, but I'm curious to see if I can improve on it a bit.

In short, more of an experiment than anything.

Proviron essentially lowers SHBG freeing up more test to do its job. Its a pretty useless compound IMO. Also of note its effect on shbg last 2 weeks , after that even if you continue taking the same dose of proviron your shbg will return to their pre proviron administration levels, so using it 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off makes sense if you determine using it at all makes sense for you.

Proviron essentially lowers SHBG freeing up more test to do its job. Its a pretty useless compound IMO. Also of note its effect on shbg last 2 weeks , after that even if you continue taking the same dose of proviron your shbg will return to their pre proviron administration levels, so using it 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off makes sense if you determine using it at all makes sense for you.

i never knew that..about needing to cycle it 2 on and off , thanks for the heads up.ive been using it at 50 mg on my trt and it has a nice effect on my sex drive and with the minimal bloating i was getting

I enjoy proviron when I don't have my hands on masteron, as it is masteron's baby (non-methylated) brother. I don't see much at doses that low personally, but as you do see fantastic changes with lower doses in general, it's certainly worth a try.

I had heard of SHBG rebound, but given how there's other exogenous AAS in the mix, I'm unsure if this will be an issue as SHBG should already be on the lower side. I just like how it binds over estradiol, giving some added benefit there.

It's not a potent hormone by any means, but it does serve as icing on the cake so to speak. As long as expectations aren't sky high, I think folks will be either happy with the investment, or chose to opt out in future endeavors.

My .02c :)

Thanks man. The SHBG lowering effect isn't a huge draw for me, as mine is already fairly low as it is. But perhaps the reason it seems to make so many guys feel good is just that...lowering of SHBG.

I enjoy proviron when I don't have my hands on masteron, as it is masteron's baby (non-methylated) brother. I don't see much at doses that low personally, but as you do see fantastic changes with lower doses in general, it's certainly worth a try.

I had heard of SHBG rebound, but given how there's other exogenous AAS in the mix, I'm unsure if this will be an issue as SHBG should already be on the lower side. I just like how it binds over estradiol, giving some added benefit there.

It's not a potent hormone by any means, but it does serve as icing on the cake so to speak. As long as expectations aren't sky high, I think folks will be either happy with the investment, or chose to opt out in future endeavors.

Thanks. That's pretty much how I was approaching this. Not expecting any crazy gains or life changing improvements but if it makes me feel good, I'm interested.

I'm fairly new to compounds outside of testosterone, and experimenting with some of the more forgiving compounds is appealing to me.

Is it true that you don't need to use an ai while on proviron? I've heard that as it has anti e qualities.

Is it true that you don't need to use an ai while on proviron? I've heard that as it has anti e qualities.

Nope, not true at all. It just has a higher binding affinity at the androgen receptor than estradiol - so you will see less side effects (mostly water retention) than otherwise. Estradiol will continue to build up if an AI isn't present, and unfortunately the nasty side effects are the ones we can't feel or see - like prostatitis, until it's too late for prevention. :)

Nope, not true at all. It just has a higher binding affinity at the androgen receptor than estradiol - so you will see less side effects (mostly water retention) than otherwise. Estradiol will continue to build up if an AI isn't present, and unfortunately the nasty side effects are the ones we can't feel or see - like prostatitis, until it's too late for prevention. :)

Ok. Thanks for the insight HW!

This is an awesome post right here. Thanks for posting Half- great stuff here.

Back