Fast twitch or slow and stready?

Megarity

Really trying to get my arms huge and I just wanted to know the preference of you fine lot.

Long slow painful lifts vs loads of fast twitch reps

I see loads of people in the Gym just throwing our curl after curl really fast but I recently have starting lifting as slowly as possible so I can only do half of the reps.
Am I on the right track or are both just as good?

Good rule of thumb 1 inch on arms for
Every 10 lbs of lean muscle. You need to
Worry about compound lifts like squats,
Deads, powercleans, weighted pull-ups ..ect.

Rather than blasting the piss outta biceps.

fast twitch muscle fibers have the most potential for growth, but its dangerous repping weights fast, i like chin ups with various hand grips for getting arms big fast

bro, get some FAT GRIPZ. I use them just on my biceps exercise, and they have thickened my forearms and upper arms.

I wouldn't say I do my arm work slow but not fast either. What works best for me is a moderate rep speed but I focus more on the negative. I tried focusing on TUT with a 3-1-3 tempo but didn't notice any great difference. So when I curl I bring the weight up at a speed where I can contract the muscle tightly and then lower really slow and feel the tension and always keep tension on the muscle for the whole set by controlling the ROM. It's worked great for me, but what I've seen ove the years is everyone responds differently and you just have to go by trial and error and find the technique that works best for you.

I recall reading some doctoral work that has showed explosive at the top, and slow contractions at the bottom result in the best gains.

Though it was just correlation studies so take it with a grain of salt.

I recall reading some doctoral work that has showed explosive at the top, and slow contractions at the bottom result in the best gains.

Though it was just correlation studies so take it with a grain of salt.

Ha, I'm wearing the exact same underwear you're wearing in that pic, except blue.

im going to chime in here. i know most of you say "less time in between sets". i take lots of time in between my sets. My 30 counts are slow. This way works best for me, and i have never looked back. but you're right. what works for one might not work for another. i'd rather have it nice and slow then fast and sloppy.

I always like to do slower reps and focus on form. Works for me, but like everyone says what works for one may not for another

"fast twitch" little pumps BLAst them bitches high volume less rest hypertrophy. you want em bigger workem 2x ew

im going to chime in here. i know most of you say "less time in between sets". i take lots of time in between my sets. My 30 counts are slow. This way works best for me, and i have never looked back. but you're right. what works for one might not work for another. i'd rather have it nice and slow then fast and sloppy.
n

nice and slow at first then fast and sloppy tward the end....THats what she said :horny:

Good rule of thumb 1 inch on arms for
Every 10 lbs of lean muscle. You need to
Worry about compound lifts like squats,
Deads, powercleans, weighted pull-ups ..ect.

Rather than blasting the piss outta biceps.

Since I started this thread I can say this rings with the most truth. I have been doing a lot more back, lats and traps etc and it seems to be giving my arms a boost.
I guess you cant just have HUGE arms with nothing else going for you!

Cheers cbman2184

@Enzo
Calvins all the way bro! hahah

Also since I made this thread I have been watching a lot of Kai Greenes Videos and he has given me some of the best pointers ive come across.
Anybody else looking for decent arms ( He has videos for every muscle so take a look! ) make sure you hit youtube and search "Kai Greene Arms".
The video I like is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYmVP74CLFw

Really taught me the importance of technique and using the correct weight for your current ability.

slow controlled concentric and eccentric reps is the way to go for size.. The eccentric part is where u build the mass.. 8 to 12 reps right in the hypertrophy zone! :)

Back