fenech to coach tyson?

inked1

huh?
My old man told me that jeff fenech was going to train Iron Mike.
anyone know if this is true?

did a google search
http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxi...news-mike-tyson-hits-mitts/knee-okay-arizona/
Boxing News: Mike Tyson Hits Mitts/Knee Okay in Arizona
PHOENIX, Arizona – Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, like some eternally recurring eternal recurrence, former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world Mike Tyson is back in the gym. Hitting the mitts, working the speed and heavy bags, getting in a few rounds of sparring at the Central Boxing Club in Phoenix, all under the wise tutelage of Jeff Fenech, Iron Mike has resumed training for his next bout in early July against someone named TBA.

A couple of names have been thrown around as possible opponents. Kevin McBride (32-4-1 27 KOs), who performed so inelegantly on ESPN2’s St. Paddy’s Day special a few weeks ago, might get his chance of a lifetime to fight the legend. Or maybe Australian heavyweight Bob Mirovic (25-14-2 16 KOs) gets to cash in that lucky lottery ticket this summer.

Top Rank’s Bob Arum has expressed an interest in promoting Tyson, which is a good thing, because Mike cannot promote himself. Arum is a natural at this point in the game. He promoted Butterbean and Mia St. John.

"We'll see," Arum said last month. "First of all, it's important for him to get his confidence back. Put him in two or three fights to restore confidence that he can beat anybody. Take him abroad. Put him on free TV. Don't ask people to pay big money the first few times out. That just would make everybody mad."

Jeff Fenech said "Without doubt, (training Tyson) is my greatest challenge.” Fenech has had other challenges in life, among them fights with Daniel Zaragoza, Carlos Zarate and Azumah Nelson. “I love Mike Tyson, he's my friend, and I want to try to help him."

While Fenech wants to help, he knows tough love is the answer and the way.

"I'm the boss,” Fenech said. “If it's not that way, I won't be there.”

Freddie Roach offered similar words not long ago, just before Mike got that Maori tattoo on his face.

July is an eternity away.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10092

Fenech to train troubled Tyson

EXCLUSIVE By GRANTLEE KIEZA

February 26, 2005

BOXING great Jeff Fenech plans to train Mike Tyson in Thailand next month in preparation for another comeback by the former heavyweight champion.

Fenech has been putting Tyson through a gruelling fitness regime in Los Angeles all week and Tyson has asked for his help to get him fight fit as he fast approaches age 39.

Fenech was yesterday organising travel arrangements for Tyson to join him in Thailand after Fenech promotes the first defence of his IBF flyweight champ Vic Darchinyan at the State Sports Centre at Homebush on March 27.

Australia's three-time world champion is in Los Angeles overseeing the workouts of WBC Interim super-middleweight champion Danny Green who fights a rematch with Markus Beyer in Zwickau, Germany on March 12.

But he has also been putting Tyson through private training sessions at his hotel.

"Mike has been running on the treadmill in the hotel gym but we have been going upstairs and moving the furniture around in my room and going through punches in private," Fenech said.

"Mike wants me to help him get ready for a comeback fight in Washington DC in June.

"He is still one of the most devastating fighters in the world and if he trains properly he will crush Vitali Klitschko and John Ruiz who hold the heavyweight titles these days.

"I believe Mike has a new mindset and that he is focused on regaining his place at the top of boxing."

Fenech was hired as an assistant trainer to Tyson's current coach Freddie Roach before Tyson's last fight, a disastrous loss against Englishman Danny Williams last July, but he walked out of the training camp after two weeks convinced Tyson was not prepared to give 100 per cent in his comeback quest.

His assessment proved correct after Tyson ran out of gas after two rounds and was stopped in the fourth.

"But this time I believe Mike is ready to work hard," Fenech said. "He came to watch Lovemore Ndou fight Junior Witter in LA last week and we had dinner after it and had a good talk about Mike's life.

"I pity him because of the way he lives in the spotlight but I admire him too for his talent. Underneath all the trouble, he is a good guy at heart."

Slick Arrado said:
I don't think Fenech, unfortunately, can turn back the clock.
no not at all, BUT I have watched Mike for years, if he will move his head for 12 rounds, Mike is very unbeatable..he was at his best when was was bobbing and weaving. ya know?

As Fucked up as Tyson is, For some reason I would love to see him on the top agian and always I root for him when he is fighting.

His mental health is looking good which means he'll almost definetly win, if the dude has the menality to do it he will KO anybody, he got his ass whooped by Buster James because he didn't have his game together but he was the best, got KO'ed by Lennox Lewis and Holyfield who wouldn't wipe Tyson's ass on a diarrohea attack, the old Tyson can come back but the dude needs to get his damn head straight

Back