First Blast + Body Recomp

moneymanmichael

6’2
12% BF

TRT 200mg/wk for 3 years now

Use to be 210 8% BF, career promotion and excessive hours at work changed that.

Wanting to do a body recomp.

Goal, gain 10lb of lean mass, lose 3-4% body fat.

Lots of research but not sure what to believe so asking here and hoping to get some expert advice.

500mg/wk for 12 weeks, no extra drugs/pct, then straight back to TRT dose of 200mg/week. Good or not?

Eat precisely maintenance calories. Good advice or not?

Train all body parts 2x/week, as 500mg should allow that. True or not?

Also, I’ve had an L5S1 fusion, so no deadlifts/squats etc... and I can’t do hanging leg raises for abs because it makes something pop in my back...

My abs are sissified... how should I be training them?

How often? How many sets/reps? Please don’t tell me to do my research because I have, and literally everything says something different... again, hoping to get some expert advice.

Even if I was 6-8% BF, my abs wouldn’t “pop”. They need to grow.. and I’m not sure how to train them.

Not saying I’m going to double my dosage tonight, just planning for the future, hoping to get some solid advise and constructive criticism, not ridiculed..

Thanks!!!

Pics attached
https://ibb.co/0n0j27z
https://ibb.co/Sc1LWjN

Am I that much of a noob that no one wants to respond? Lol... I understand some of my questions can be answered by a google search, but the problem is there are multiple opinions on each subject, and I don’t know who or what to believe. I’m just looking for expert advice from someone who has been there done that.

First thing that comes to mind is to doble your food intake now and for the duration of this cycle and post and on and on.
lots of youtube videos on how to build uo your abs. you have a fantastic base and youll look like a shreaded beast in 2 months.
what is your diet like now? how many calories per day?

Last edited:
It fluctuates, 2,000-2,500, I meal prep and quit counting awhile back, like I said, I’ve been out of the loop as far as being hardcore and on top of every detail, but every meal is lean protein, clean carb, and a veggie. My “cheat” meal is a peanut butter sandwich, protein cereal with almond milk, or Greek yogurt with granola. I eat very clean because greasy food or bad food makes me sick.. like my stomach swells and I look 12 months pregnant.

I know I could just tighten up, focus, and get the same results with hard work, it would only take longer. Reaching my “natural” potential...

But- I’m not natural... I’m on TRT... so why the hell not take a shortcut?

I’m not trying to compete, be an athlete, none of that... just wanna be confident and look good naked lol.

My main concern is - am I fine to run JUST TEST for the Blast? If so, what dose is good considering my TRT is 200mg/wk?

Also, do I need to run any “support” drugs with or after the blast, or can I just go straight back to my 200?

I do have access to other compounds, but honestly, I’m not trying to look like Ronnie Coleman here... I just want to look a little more muscular, a little more lean, but I want to do it in 8-12 weeks, not a whole year or what not.

Calorie wise.. I don’t want to bulk, and I don’t want to cut. My goal is to gain 5-10lb
Lean mass and lose a few % of body fat...

So with that goal in mind, should I eat maintenance? Slight deficit? Or even a slight surprise considering my T dose?

There’s so much info out there, this shit gets confusing... I’m starting to think you just gotta play with it and see what works for you... but this is my body and hormones... I don’t really want to test random shit and fuck something up... would really like a solid plan and make adjustments if necessary.

Gain 10lbs of lean body mass, and lose 3-4% body fat is no small task...

I’d say the most realistic/practical way is to go up to about 200-210 over the next 6 months to a year... then tighten up your diet to achieve the goal of 190ish at a lower bf%

For 99% of humans it’s impossible to gain lean muscle mass and lose bf% at the same time... gain first, then lean it down... this is backed by science, but I know bro-science will argue this

Gain 10lbs of lean body mass, and lose 3-4% body fat is no small task...

I’d say the most realistic/practical way is to go up to about 200-210 over the next 6 months to a year... then tighten up your diet to achieve the goal of 190ish at a lower bf%

For 99% of humans it’s impossible to gain lean muscle mass and lose bf% at the same time... gain first, then lean it down... this is backed by science, but I know bro-science will argue this

See... What you just said contradicted about 50 videos i've watched, and a hundred google articles.........

Not saying you are wrong, just saying, the Internet makes it really fucking hard to know what info is real and what is fluff. I see you have over 3k forum post so I would assume you have some credibility.

I fall into a few categories would allow me to do this according to my research.

#1 I haven't went hard in the gym in over a year.
#2 I will be blasting on 600mg Test Cyp/week then going right back to 200mg/week.
#3 I use to be 215 8% BF or so, now I'm 180, not sure my exact BF% but my abs are fairly visbile (see pics) so I'm assuming 10% or so..

Maybe 10lbs of muscle is a stretch. I guess what I'm really trying to say is I just want to be a little more muscular, and a little more lean, and want this to happen overnight. Yep, i'm one of "Those guys".

The thing is, look at my pics, i'm not far off from the body I'm trying to achieve, but I don't want to get any fatter, and I don't want to get any skinnier... not right now anyway... coming off of a breakup and just trying to get my confidence where it needs to be ya know?

It will be easy to gain muscle and lose fat at first, but that quickly fades after the easy gains are made. Then it becomes exponentially harder to lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time.

I workout with a lady who gets a dexa scan every month and is about as disciplined and hard working as you will ever find. For her, when she gains it is always 2 lbs of muscle 1 lb of fat. Not saying a man would be the same, but it would be similar.

The only way to know is to try. You have a lot of self experimentation to do, to find out your calorie needs, workout tolerance, steroid tolerance, etc. The only way you'll ever know is to get into it and try. No amount of internet reading will fix that.

And remember, once your are up and running, it's 80% diet, 15% workouts, 5% drugs

It will be easy to gain muscle and lose fat at first, but that quickly fades after the easy gains are made. Then it becomes exponentially harder to lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time.

I workout with a lady who gets a dexa scan every month and is about as disciplined and hard working as you will ever find. For her, when she gains it is always 2 lbs of muscle 1 lb of fat. Not saying a man would be the same, but it would be similar.

The only way to know is to try. You have a lot of self experimentation to do, to find out your calorie needs, workout tolerance, steroid tolerance, etc. The only way you'll ever know is to get into it and try. No amount of internet reading will fix that.

And remember, once your are up and running, it's 80% diet, 15% workouts, 5% drugs

I think this is about the most sound advice i've heard, and it makes total sense. We are all different and react differently to different things, just got to try things, track your progress, and make adjustments until you get yourself dialed in.

The only other thing I'm concerned about then, is, Do I need to run anything with the Test? I don't mean stacking it with deca or anything like that, I mean other drugs to make sure you don't screw yourself up.

I never plan to come off of TRT, I'm not really all that concerned with having kids.. so are there any other reasons to run HCG? If so, what are they? Also... I don't have access to HCG.. I don't know where to get it... so that could be an issue.. & is there anything besides HCG I should be running?

Again, before anyone tells me i'm not ready to start this yet, I already know. I'm in the research phase still. I know I don't know what I am doing 100% just yet.

The most improbable issue about this endeavour is the timeframe... this cannot and will not be achieved in weeks, it will t as takes months... I mean set an achievable goal of reaching your goal in 6 months

Not really answering a question but gaining muscle while never losing fat will lower your body fat%.

I think it's a diet-diet-diet thing. I'm just assuming your training is good. Figure your lean mass and base diet off that and not include bodyfat. As the cycle goes on adjusting diet to feed muscle and maintaining that post cycle.

One good thing about TRT is there is no maintaining calories and training going through PCT time and stuff.

Last edited:
I do not. Still learning about that and trying to understand whether or not I need it. I do not have a prescription for it, so I assume the only way to get it is from the "Black Market"?

Back