Figure Competition Help

GsGrrl

What u see is what u get
Hello Ladies :)

Just need a quick bit of advice... Im preparing for an upcoming figure competition (not my first) and I CANNOT seem to get my glutes and hams to tighten up! My upper body looks great, my quads are coming in- but my ass is still pretty soft! Any of you ever been in this boat before? If so, what did you do to change it???

Some info (if you need it)
5'9 153lbs around 15-17% BF
Cardio: 40min AM (bike) 50min PWO (treadmill 7% incline, 3.5mph)
Weights: M, T, Th, F, S
Drugs: 20mg Nolva SID, 5mg Winstrol (winny) SID, 3cc Clen AM & 2cc before PM cardio (I have access to T3 but my body is burning well right now and I dont want to sacrifice muscle)
Diet:
4 egg whites, 40g oats
120g turkey, broccoli
120g turkey, broccoli
tuna, spinach (as salad) 1TBSP olive oil
tuna, spinach (as salad) 1TBSP olive oil
8L of water a day
2-3 coffees per day (with milk & sweetner)

Any advice???

Thanks a bunch!!!

do you have a carb day at all? i find when i dont i stop losing. i would add 2 servings of oats 1 day a week to your plan. you need to bump it up to get your metablosim from slowing down. hiit cardio and sprint work helps me too. this is the hardest area for the girls....when is your show?

irongirl said:
do you have a carb day at all? i find when i dont i stop losing. i would add 2 servings of oats 1 day a week to your plan. you need to bump it up to get your metablosim from slowing down. hiit cardio and sprint work helps me too. this is the hardest area for the girls....when is your show?

5 weeks away... I guess my hams/glutes look a little better- my metabolism isnt slowing down, Im still losing bodyfat from my upperbody. I just want it to switch to the lower.... I know that its just time but Im getting frustrated- its like my legs dont even know Im dieting! Sprints on a treadmill?

what does your lower body routine look like? are you high-rep lunging? sprints work wonders as well... i notice a big difference in my legs when i sprint. irongirl is right on- take it outside!
~MINX

ok.. glutes and hams are fast twitch... therefore you NEED to do some exercises that will activate those fibers...
ie: explosive/power exercises.. running bleachers, sprinting, step ups, walking lunges with a heavy push, stiff legged deadlifts etc..

shock your body a bit... how many weeks out?? 17% is still high so your glutes are going to still be soft... i wouldn't worry just yet... like i said your bf is still high for tight glutes and hams... they always seem to be the last to come in on most women...

keep us posted
super

Yup, take it outside, and crank it up.

I started running uphill sprints at four weeks out, and started seeing/feeling differences immediatly.
Try changing it up, keep your body guessing.

Actually, you should be right up on your show date now......how are you looking?

Back