Finally did my first batch!

{R}a{G}e

Professional Beer Drinker
Went pretty well, although filtering is an absolute bitch!

I made 200ml of test prop and it took forever but turned out well. I have joined the ranks!

Filtering is EASY, Ill post a method with pictures sometime today. Hint: Materials cost only 3 dollars plus filters and it has nothing to do with vaccuum filtration. I like to call it CG filtration.

Alright Ill get the pics up soon in a different thread. Heres what we do. Go to home depot, lowes or whatever big home improvement store you can find and pick up a caulk gun. Dont get one with a rachet rod, get the cheap $1.83 one with a smooth rod. Next, go to the hardware section and grab up a fender washer. Find one that fits in the end of the caulk gun perfectly, I forgot the size, probably 1.5" OD with a 1/2" hole. Epoxy that bitch in the end of the gun. Now just fill up a 10 or 20ml syringe with oil, put the end through the washer hole and screw the filter on the other side of the washer. Start squeezing the handle until the little rod things butts up against the extended plunger and have at it.

Image5.jpg

Nice, def. going to do this next time as i spent like over an hour and a half filtering 200mls of test, was well worht it but a pain in the ass no doubt.

{R}a{G}e said:
Nice, def. going to do this next time as i spent like over an hour and a half filtering 200mls of test, was well worht it but a pain in the ass no doubt.

what size filter did you use? how many filters did it take? what size syringe? and did you have the solution nice and warm?

i used a .45 filter, Used 2 filters, 100ml for each i know i might have been cutting this close but had heard you should be able to get close to that. Syringes were 10cc, solution was warm, i used a smaller needle than what i should have but when i put my order in somehow that slipped my mind, i think i used a 22g pin.

Back