Finasteride and TRT : Any adjustments or problems?

synonymous

I have a 3 month supply but I haven't started it. My hair is thinning on top. I started rogain about 2 months ago. Still going to give it another 3 to 6 months.

My job, to a certain extent, requires me to look good in front of the camera. I'd like to keep as much of my hair or regrow some of it, as possible. Of course, I'm still in the beginning stages at looking into Finasteride. It was super cheaper (30 USD for a 3 month supply). At least, I think that's cheap.

So, because it kills DHT, how much of an affect will this have on TRT? Do people make adjustments to their protocols? I hear about all the sides to Finasteride that seem to be E2 related or perhaps to those who are not on TRT losing their libido because of a drastic lowering of DHT? I really don't know.

I've heard some people crush and mix Finasteride with their Rogain to make it more of a topical agent so that it hits the scalp and does go systemic, reducing the side effects that come with orally ingesting it. Not sure if this is true or not.

Looking for any opinions or insights from personal experience. Tomorrow I'm visiting the hair dressers and getting an opinion on what might look good, as far as a haircut, for thinning hair. Might just have to keep things really short for a while.

stay away from finasteride if you want to keep your dick.
stay away from rogaine if you don't want heart problems

Finasteride is on list of drugs that will make you ineligible to donate blood. Not great when you're on TRT.

Back