finasteride eod

Here's something I wrote previously about dosing for finasteride:

In terms of dosing for the drug, while topical application of finasteride can yield results, most physicians will recommend and most users will choose to administer the drug orally. This is due to the greater rate of bioavailability compared to topical application. The bioavailability of finasteride, when taken orally, ranges in the area of sixty-five percent of a one milligram tablet in clinical studies (5). It should also be noted that the bioavailability of finasteride was not affected when taken with or without food or liquids. Maximum suppression of DHT conversion occurs within twenty-four hours of administering a one milligram dose orally. This maximum suppression is approximately sixty-five of the total DHT conversion (5).

As for the size of dosage required, it depends on the reaction of the user. Most males that are prescribed finasteride as part of a medical treatment are most often given doses of one milligram per day. This may be more then necessary however. Anecdotally some users have indicated that doses of .5 milligrams per day or one milligram every other day have had the desired effect for some users. However other users may require larger doses to reap the benefits of the compound. For the most part these doses range from 1.5 milligrams per day to as high as five milligrams per day or higher. When increasing one’s dosage however a user should make these increases gradually so as to gage their response to the compound and avoid a dramatic onset of negative side effects.

Finasteride is still a relatively new drug on the market and long-term studies on it continue to be done. However there are no indications that users have to limit themselves in regard to the duration of their use of the drug. It was designed to be administered for long periods of time and is seemingly well tolerated by the majority of users. For this reason steroid users should feel free to use finasteride for extended periods of time if they feel it necessary. The only limiting factors being any side effects that arise for the individual taking the compound or else the cost of the drug itself, or of course the fact that it is no longer required. Also, when discontinuing the use of finasteride there appears no need for a tapering of the drug to prevent a major rebound in DHT levels of the user. While obviously these levels will return to their normal concentrations no dramatic rise should be seen by the user.

thanks vegas. i was actually planning on trying it topically first for hair loss. thats the only reason im taking it. what percent do u think i should try. im also adding 5% octly salitate for absorbtion. i have the powder to go pretty high on the %. will i feel it systemically.

im gonna make 10% spiro. thanks

I realize this somewhat non-responsive but I use the 5 mg (generic Proscar) version.

I have used, Nizoral shampoo, minoxidil topical, and oral finasteride for ~3 months and have made a big difference. No shit. I guess I am just lucky or perhaps a responder to the minoxidil. It's my belief that the finasteride ceased any loss and the minoxidil regrew some hair. So I am as happy as a pig in shit.

If it stays like it is now, I will be happy. I will add that I might add in the spiro topical, eventually.

I stay on juice year round, so I think the EOD thing is not an option. It seems that the juice I'm taking countermanded any sexual sides...

Vegas said:
Here's something I wrote previously about dosing for finasteride:

In terms of dosing for the drug, while topical application of finasteride can yield results, most physicians will recommend and most users will choose to administer the drug orally. This is due to the greater rate of bioavailability compared to topical application. The bioavailability of finasteride, when taken orally, ranges in the area of sixty-five percent of a one milligram tablet in clinical studies (5). It should also be noted that the bioavailability of finasteride was not affected when taken with or without food or liquids. Maximum suppression of DHT conversion occurs within twenty-four hours of administering a one milligram dose orally. This maximum suppression is approximately sixty-five of the total DHT conversion (5).

As for the size of dosage required, it depends on the reaction of the user. Most males that are prescribed finasteride as part of a medical treatment are most often given doses of one milligram per day. This may be more then necessary however. Anecdotally some users have indicated that doses of .5 milligrams per day or one milligram every other day have had the desired effect for some users. However other users may require larger doses to reap the benefits of the compound. For the most part these doses range from 1.5 milligrams per day to as high as five milligrams per day or higher. When increasing one’s dosage however a user should make these increases gradually so as to gage their response to the compound and avoid a dramatic onset of negative side effects.

Finasteride is still a relatively new drug on the market and long-term studies on it continue to be done. However there are no indications that users have to limit themselves in regard to the duration of their use of the drug. It was designed to be administered for long periods of time and is seemingly well tolerated by the majority of users. For this reason steroid users should feel free to use finasteride for extended periods of time if they feel it necessary. The only limiting factors being any side effects that arise for the individual taking the compound or else the cost of the drug itself, or of course the fact that it is no longer required. Also, when discontinuing the use of finasteride there appears no need for a tapering of the drug to prevent a major rebound in DHT levels of the user. While obviously these levels will return to their normal concentrations no dramatic rise should be seen by the user.

Thanks for the info vegas.

KentuckyPWRLFTR said:
I realize this somewhat non-responsive but I use the 5 mg (generic Proscar) version.

I have used, Nizoral shampoo, minoxidil topical, and oral finasteride for ~3 months and have made a big difference. No shit. I guess I am just lucky or perhaps a responder to the minoxidil. It's my belief that the finasteride ceased any loss and the minoxidil regrew some hair. So I am as happy as a pig in shit.

If it stays like it is now, I will be happy. I will add that I might add in the spiro topical, eventually.

I stay on juice year round, so I think the EOD thing is not an option. It seems that the juice I'm taking countermanded any sexual sides...

Having tried minoxidil by itself way back yonder, I agree completely that it works much, much better when used in conjunction with with a 5ar-inhibitor such as fin or dut.

My top five hair loss drugs are:

1)fin or dut
2)minoxidil
3)Nizoral

The above are absolute musts.

4)spiro
5)copper peptide product

Four and five are great add ons if you have extra cash.

i just started using minoxidil and it has made a difference in no joke like 2 weeks. i keep my hair very very short and my crown area is starting to grow in. I know cause i litterally ask my friends every 5 minutes and now they are all going out any buying mononxidil.

Back