Finasteride vs. Dutasteride

TroyDiesel25

Just started a test prop/anavar stack. I've done this combo twice before using dutasteride and noticed minimal shedding (some toward the latter end of the cycle). I'm only on week 3 (using finasteride this time) and already noticed shedding. From what I read though, this seems normal with the initial phase of a fina? Do u guys think I should switch back to dutasteride? Which do u guys prefer?

Thanks.

My buddy Ryan has used both and swears by duta. I do know this, duta is the more effective acting upon both of the 5ar isomers, fina only acts on one. Duta is also more effective at half the dose of fina.
While I dont have first hand experience with both compounds, based on my knowledge of them Id go with duta. Also based on my friends first hand experience he prefers duta as well.
One more factor worth mentioning is the often overblown sexual sides of these compounds. That issue tends to be well over exaggerated in these circles but I will say this, incidences of sexual sides lingering post administration is lower with duta than with fina and has been reported in only about 1% of duta users. The number is higher with fina users. For that fact alone Id pick duta.

My buddy Ryan has used both and swears by duta. I do know this, duta is the more effective acting upon both of the 5ar isomers, fina only acts on one. Duta is also more effective at half the dose of fina.
While I dont have first hand experience with both compounds, based on my knowledge of them Id go with duta. Also based on my friends first hand experience he prefers duta as well.
One more factor worth mentioning is the often overblown sexual sides of these compounds. That issue tends to be well over exaggerated in these circles but I will say this, incidences of sexual sides lingering post administration is lower with duta than with fina and has been reported in only about 1% of duta users. The number is higher with fina users. For that fact alone Id pick duta.

Thanks bro. Funny you mentioned that, my libido has been through the roof on the past 3 cycles while using dutast. I'm on fina now and it's actually somewhat low which surprised me since I'm on test. Will be switching to dutast.

Thanks again!

Jimi,

Knowing the mechanism of dutast/fina I've always thought they would only work from testosterone induced hairloss (by conversion to DHT.) I was speaking to a mate yesterday though who never loses hair on test or anything other than tren. He ran fina halfway through his tren cycle and his hair all grew back. I know it worked too because I saw his hair - it was noticeably a lot thicker and no longer able to see through to the scalp.

Any ideas on this? I'm thinking possibly tren in the presence of excess DHT? I've started shedding a bit since I began tren two weeks ago so I'm looking into possibly going that route... I'd take your advice and stick with dut though.

Jimi,

Knowing the mechanism of dutast/fina I've always thought they would only work from testosterone induced hairloss (by conversion to DHT.) I was speaking to a mate yesterday though who never loses hair on test or anything other than tren. He ran fina halfway through his tren cycle and his hair all grew back. I know it worked too because I saw his hair - it was noticeably a lot thicker and no longer able to see through to the scalp.

Any ideas on this? I'm thinking possibly tren in the presence of excess DHT? I've started shedding a bit since I began tren two weeks ago so I'm looking into possibly going that route... I'd take your advice and stick with dut though.

Your probably correct. Its probably the combo of DHT along with the androgenic effects of the tren that pushes his scalp over the edge. By using fina he has removed the dht component and thus the hair loss aspect. He is actually lucky. Many who are pre disposed cant do anything when they run tren. It is just such a potent androgen that they are left without much in the way of prevention. They can try nizoral shampoo and topical spiro to try to remove the androgens directly from the scalp but usually if they are predisposed it is always an uphill battle.
Maybe you will be like your friend and lowering the dht will make the difference for you as well. Keep me posted.

Thanks bro. Funny you mentioned that, my libido has been through the roof on the past 3 cycles while using dutast. I'm on fina now and it's actually somewhat low which surprised me since I'm on test. Will be switching to dutast.

Thanks again!

No problem. Keep me posted!

Your probably correct. Its probably the combo of DHT along with the androgenic effects of the tren that pushes his scalp over the edge. By using fina he has removed the dht component and thus the hair loss aspect. He is actually lucky. Many who are pre disposed cant do anything when they run tren. It is just such a potent androgen that they are left without much in the way of prevention. They can try nizoral shampoo and topical spiro to try to remove the androgens directly from the scalp but usually if they are predisposed it is always an uphill battle.
Maybe you will be like your friend and lowering the dht will make the difference for you as well. Keep me posted.

Will do, thanks.

Back