First AAS cycle need strength gains

francosiciliano

Im almost 40 and have been lifting for over 20yrs. Ive never taken AAS before but have taken peptides like IGF1, CJCs, and GHRPs. Ive gotten some noticeable results in the past months but I have come to a plateau that I cant seem to get past. I am currently at risk for losing my position at work because I cant keep up physically with the younger guys. Unfortunately I need to gain a lot of strength and endurance in the next 2-3months (or at least show that Im making decent progress physically) or Im done. After all the things Ive read doing a cycle of Test Enanthate by itself seems to be a good first cycle and I plan on getting some. I also understand that the gains don't start to be noticed until a month or so into the cycle which is not a good thing for me. I was thinking I could use Anavar with the test e for the first 4-6wks of the cycle then continue with just test e for awhile longer. Here are the 2 plans I came up with (Im only going to post the AAS part of the cycle):

1. 1-16 weeks test enanthate 200mg x3times per wk for 600mg total each week

2. week 1 300 test e per week
wk2-7 300 test e per week and 60 anavar per day
wk 8-16 600 test e

Im 5'10''
175Ibs would like to be 185 again but my size isn't that important only strength and endurance
12%BF
Run 6:30min mile goal sub 6min mile
Squat 225x5 would like to be at 225Ibs x10reps asap at the very minimum

Get a blood test before you even think about cycling. You may be suffering from low T, which would be more than enough cause for you to fall behind. In the FAQ sticky there's a great guide on how to order a private test and what to order.

Once you're past that hurdle, and if you still want to discuss cycling, there will be plenty of help as your cycle is not optimal by any means.

My .02c :)

What do u do ? ( Unless ur a double naught spy (oo7)...)

Few are the AAS that would assist in strength endurance OR aerobic s in the long run Unless its a fit type test. At 40 u may be a trt candidate...but I know for me...intense aerobic esp. long one s are HINDERED. I can t run to my stop sign at the end of the block but I could walk 35 miles in 2 or 3 days. Timed stuff, I mean tasks performed as a part of a obstacle or skills test after say sprints ; run shoot, climb shoot, body drag shoot etc...AAS are not gonna be the cure though just trt culd be...b w needed.

T

Testosterone, Serum 394
348-1197 ng/dL 01

Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 8.2
1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01
FSH, Serum
FSH 5.9
1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01

Estradiol
Estradiol <5.0
LOW 7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01

That was my last blood test a few months ago. I was going to do another one at the end of this month and hoped to receive my gear so I can start cycle Aug 1st.

Testosterone, Serum 394
348-1197 ng/dL 01

Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 8.2
1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01
FSH, Serum
FSH 5.9
1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01

Estradiol
Estradiol <5.0
LOW 7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01

That was my last blood test a few months ago. I was going to do another one at the end of this month and hoped to receive my gear so I can start cycle Aug 1st.

You are pretty close to Hypogonadal. Looks like uou are leaning towards Primary, which means your testicles are not functioning properly. I would look into this further as you may need TRT. There is a sticky thread in the TRT forum that I recommend you read.

Just a thought, at your age you may have low t. I have been on for 8 years man. It's a life saver.

I suspect that there are some problems with your training and diet. You can throw some steroids on it, but if there is a problem with either, you will not see much in the way of results.

I'm not impressed with your stats so far. It doesn't show the kind of dedication I would like to see in someone who is considering using AAS.

I would just do a simple 500mg test e you coud do a Lil kick start for some strength now 30mg dbol for 4 weeks

Fuck dbol when is dbol yrend gonna end????? Thats the same shit people been saying for 20 years how about some fucken tren! Lol jk use orals that dont aromatize when you are new to cycling if you are going to use them. Dbol os horrible for e2 especially when you are new and not intune with your body anavar is perfect especially if your a puss and think your liver is ginna turn greene if tou tske some superdrol or some other bad ass compound :jump:

You are pretty close to Hypogonadal. Looks like uou are leaning towards Primary, which means your testicles are not functioning properly. I would look into this further as you may need TRT. There is a sticky thread in the TRT forum that I recommend you read.

Absolutely agree. Health first, then play. Tron and I are both in your age group, and have both sorted out health restoration long before "joining the dark side". Besides, TRT in and of itself will give you back that edge you're looking for.

Teutonic is a fine example of how age means shit when the drive (and hormones) are there. ;)

...to kind sir.....^^^^^

OP
I do trt. On occasion I ll bump trt to 200 test e or c Sunday night after a shower. At times I add 50-100 IM of something M W F. Those are my big MONSTER cycles. It ain t mg s but eating towards a goal (strength or size or leaner look) training, resting and living IT-the life--- 75 ms a day for 6 day s a week for 31.5 yr s now.

Trt and my son T saved me from..me.

T

Last edited:
if your macros are true than youre feeding your body enough... thats for sure..

so is this a question of your mile run time??? is that the only thing youre concerned with??

if endurance is the issue, i recommend you run 300mg twice a week, run .5mg adex eod with cycle, run 500iu hcg per week (split dosage)

running the adex will keep you from gaining unnecessary water weight...

the higher level of testosterone (600mg) will cause an increase in your red blood cells

a moderate increase in red blood cells allows the body to carry more oxygen, raising endurance levels.. given proper training protocol of course...

EPO is another option.. but i dont think it would be necessary in your case.. a test cycle should do the trick

Thx guys. 3J it's not just the mile run. It is strength too. I know I will get both from a cycle but my main problem is that if I start a cycle august 1st I have only 4-6wks to show a big improvement in my performance or Im out by the end of September. That's why I was looking to jump start the cycle with anavar, in conjunction with the test e, since it should have a more immediate effect and get me to a point that will buy me more time and I can make steady gains from that point on with just the test e.

Fire dept. I just started with the new dept so the 1st year is probationary and that's really the only time they fire ppl unless they do something illegal. There are 3 trial periods in the first yr and Ive made it past the first but have a new captain for my second trial (which technically ends at the end of September but all the testing is done mid september) and he is known for being somewhat unreasonable in the expectation dept and has fired new guys in the past.

i worry about the pumps var causes... i know the trial you have to go through (i was a medic myself for years) and worry your endurance may suffer thanks to the var..

to play it safe, i personally wouldn't go over 30mg a day

If Im taking anavar 30mg (or any odd number) Should I be splitting the tablets in half so I take 15mg in the morning and 15mg at night or is it ok to take 20mg in the morning and 10mg at night?

Back