First brew, how to get vacuum in vials?

futt bucker

OK so I got everything set and am ready to go.

gonna do first brew with some 50ml of propionate and then do the rest when it feels good.

i have a question. i ahve bigger vials, sterile with rubber stopped so imma put the first complete solution in them (50ml) and then imma draw it from there into the OPEN 10 ml vials i have. I have a crimper and stoppers for them.

question is, the 10ml vials are supposed to have vacuum and not air in them, except of the oil right?

so how do i do that? i cant find any info about that in here. i mean the 10ml vial is open, and when i put the aliminium seals (stoppers) on with the crimper, how the fuck do i get vacum in the vial? It's air in there now and i see no way to get that out...

maybe i missed something? im sorry if im being stupid but ive been thinking about this and i dont really get it.

regards

OK so I got everything set and am ready to go.

gonna do first brew with some 50ml of propionate and then do the rest when it feels good.

i have a question. i ahve bigger vials, sterile with rubber stopped so imma put the first complete solution in them (50ml) and then imma draw it from there into the OPEN 10 ml vials i have. I have a crimper and stoppers for them.

question is, the 10ml vials are supposed to have vacuum and not air in them, except of the oil right?

so how do i do that? i cant find any info about that in here. i mean the 10ml vial is open, and when i put the aliminium seals (stoppers) on with the crimper, how the fuck do i get vacum in the vial? It's air in there now and i see no way to get that out...

maybe i missed something? im sorry if im being stupid but ive been thinking about this and i dont really get it.

regards

No need just remember to vent when filtering.

just get a crimper and go that route.. its to difficult to put oil into vials.... then you might ruin your gear when a piece of rubber goes into the bottle....
it doesnt cost much for caps or crimpers...

just get a crimper and go that route.. its to difficult to put oil into vials.... then you might ruin your gear when a piece of rubber goes into the bottle....
it doesn't cost much for caps or crimper...

Agreed! I have 5000 10ml molded (not tubular, cause tubular break when you heat sterilize them in the oven) vials with plastic pop off caps and a crimping tool on its way to me right now from overseas for only $350 plus shipping.

I in no way need 5000 vials but i sweet talked this company whose min order is 50,000 vials into sending me a small order.
They made no money off me at all. that is for sure! :p

research supply dot net will have vials for you, crimps, caps in many colors and butyl stoppers.

I have also never ever had an issue with tubular vials and heating them.

Back