First labs on TRT -- not much change --- Big dose increase

Atlman65

There is so much expertise on this forum. Just wondering what you think of my situation:
I am 50 years old, baseline labs in Sept:

total test: 430 ng/dl
free test 4.7 pg/ml (7.2-24)
Estradiol 12.9 (7.6-42.6)
LH 4.0 (1.7-8.6) mIU/ml
FSH 5.5 (1.5-12.4) mIu/ml
Hct 38
Chol 189, HDL 68, LDL 111

I had normal total test but was told that low free test contributed to symptoms so therapy initiated with testosterone cyp at 100mg / week and HCG at 250 twice weekly

Labs after 5 weeks:

total test 456
free test 7.2 (7.2-24)
Estradiol 6.7 (7.6-42.6)
LH and FSH both <0.2
Hematocrit 42.7
Chol 166, HDL 55, LDL 94

Given the fact that my total cholesterol was virtually unchanged and my free testosterone crept up to the very lower limit of normal and my symptoms not much improved my dose was increased to 200mg/ week with HCG at 250 twice weekly.

Seems like a big jump but can't really explain why my numbers didn't move much except possibly lost of SHBG in my system. Does 200 seem right? I was given at test cyp / test prop mix and definitely felt something the next day. I really think I might prefer getting this 80/20 blend twice weekly. Is this ever used for TRT?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Also I gave up the vegetarian diet as my lack of protein the last 2 years may have crashed my whole endocrine axis.

I am on TRT @ 40 yrs old. And my doc put me on 200mg/ml cypionate / week (1 shot). This brought my levels up into the 800's on day 7 after shot. He bumped me to 1.2ml per week (240mg of cyp per week) and my levels have been consistent at close to 1100. So this is where he keeps me.
Most guys I have read about on several different Internet forums are prescribed 200mg per week for TRT this seems to be the average.

Hey man - my .02 from an everyday dude - more guys than not on this forum (not all) are on 200mg / week, myself included. I can't speak to the cyp/prop blend (medically) but what i can say is that TRT is all about finding homeostasis, a long term level of T and E that makes you feel great, is safe on the body, and doesn't drastically fluctuate hormone levels in short periods of time.

For a cycle (especially as a kicker), i can see a blend making sense, for long term TRT, dunno. I feel like the long half life of cyp, combined with the short half life of prop might lead to fluctuating levels of T and estrogen conversion that would be hard to pinpoint levels for testing and dialing in for the long haul. Sure someone smarter than me can chime in here, just an avid TRT patient and regular dude's .02. Hope you get it all worked out!

PS - when bumping to 200 you'll wanna keep an eye on your E2 after ~6 -8 weeks get it checked. Learned that the hard way - cried over nothing for a week until i get tested and figured it out.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I actually feel much better at 200- hope my labs will support staying here. I'm surprised Rockmtn got bumped up to 220 with trough 800s. My goal would be trough 800s -- hope my doc would support this. Surprisingly my E2 went down aftet 5 weeks at 100mg.

Back