first PCT after 18 week cycle failed, need to re-do

Twoshoes

Long story short, my first attempt at PCT after a 18 week test cycle failed, and now I need to restart my test production.

I did a test cycle:
250 mg Test E every 5 days for 110 days.
7.25 mg aromasin everyday.

Did not have any problems with gyno, at the slightest tingle, I just took some aromasin and it was fine.

To get off the cycle, I was recommended some luliberin. To have the greatest chance of this working, I first tapered off the TEST E, and two weeks after the last Test E dose, I took:

100 mcg Luliberin (GnRH) for 10 days, for a total of 1 mg.

I also ran the aromasin during part of this PCT. I had no mood changes, bad side effects from this protocol, and felt great a month or two after. I thought I was in the clear. Cycle finished around Feb/March 2015.

The issue is, by September, I was feeling a bit lower energy. I did not even have much desire for my girlfriend at the time, and just wrote it off to a bad relationship.

I also remember in December 2015, I notice my left nipples was sore/painful, so I realized it may be off the hormones stabilizing after the cycle, and did not think it was much of a risk. Seeing as not much test was being aromatized in my system.

This did not go away, in April 2016 I went to the doctor and took some tests.

Results are:
TSH 1.06 mU/L
Total Test - 6.3 nmol/L (low)
FSH 0.6 UI/L (low)
LH 2.5 UI/L
Prolactine 11.2 ug/L
Estradiol 49 pmol/L

Obviously, low testosterone is no fun and I have the traditional symptoms. Echograph also found 30x35x7mm glandular tissue left breast, 12x10x5 glandular tissue right breast (ie gyno). That really sucks.

I took a few mg of aromasin and mild dose of letro for 2 weeks, till the nipples were no longer sore, while trying to decide what to do. The endocrinologist I am seeing is understanding, but slow to make progress, because there is 2 months time between each visit.

So, what thoughts do you guys have on what I could have done differently. More importantly, what can be done now? I'm 29. I would like to have an outcome that reduces the gyno, as well as goes and some type of PCT treatment that will boost my natural test levels, so I don't have to do a cycle.

I'm open to ideas, specifically, how to increase my post-cycle natural test, how to reduce the gyno, even if this involves doing another test cycle so I can run letrozole with it, etc.

You shut your HPTA down for 4 months for basically a TRT dose.
You didn't actually run a pct. you ran luliberin and an ai. Pct= Nolvadex and Clomid.
You've been a member here since 2013, but instead of learning from this board you listened to somebody who recommended you bad advice.

You'll have to try a HPTA restart. If that doesn't work you may be on TRT the rest of your life

Well, the luliberin was recommend as PCT on another country-specific forum. I actually did a lot of research before going on this (first cycle), hence why it did not involve anything too crazy.

HPTA restart?

Why not just wait it out? As it's been pointed out you didn't really take a big dose so hpta should normalize in time.

Also last bloods are in April??
Do another 8am T to re evaluate its been like 5 months

Why not just wait it out? As it's been pointed out you didn't really take a big dose so hpta should normalize in time.

HPTA is binary: on or off. Not a little off. Even with the low dose his system was completely shut down. It's the length of the cycle that makes this recovery difficult.

OP- as far as I know you can use lethro without using test for the gyno.

Did you have pre cycle bloods drawn?

Search the testosterone replacement forum for HPTA restart protocol. That's you first option. Second is TRT for life, which I'm on at 36.

As to what you could have done differently, you should have got pre cycle bloods and kept the cycle to 12 weeks and run hcg on cycle. You should have run a proper pct with Clomid and nolvadex.

However, even if you did that there is no garuntee that you'd recover. Some people cycle heavy for years and bounce back just fine, other once and they never recover.

Last edited:

Even that test had been a year, and it's not normalizing.

I am doing another blood test soon.

HPTA is binary: on or off. Not a little off. Even with the low dose his system was completely shut down. It's the length of the cycle that makes this recovery difficult.

OP- as far as I know you can use lethro without using test for the gyno.

Did you have pre cycle bloods drawn?

Search the testosterone replacement forum for HPTA restart protocol. That's you first option. Second is TRT for life, which I'm on at 36.

As to what you could have done differently, you should have got pre cycle bloods and kept the cycle to 12 weeks and run hcg on cycle. You should have run a proper pct with Clomid and nolvadex.

However, even if you did that there is no garuntee that you'd recover. Some people cycle heavy for years and bounce back just fine, other once and they never recover.

No, pre-cycle bloods. By the way, with the info I had at the time, I was told from at least two places that the luliberin works as pct.

I am going to attempt to restart my HPTA.

Back