First TRT bloodwork/Questios

aliceintool1

Hello all,

This is my first post in regards to my TRT. I wanted to post my lab results and see if there is anything I need to focus on from here on out. Any and all help would be appreciated because my current Doc is not much help and I am mostly at this on my own.

So here is the skinny:
32 yo on on 100 mg test cypionate once a week ( 4 months on) I am concerned about my Estrogen and IGF-1. Also I would like my TT to be in the 800s for no good reason other than curiosity. So is my estrogen too high or should i wait it out before trying to lower it? I do feel moody sometimes and tear up watching videos like a pregnant woman. ( people crying in a video might make me tear up etc)any thoughts?

Hematocrit 47.9 37.5-51.0
TSH 2.680 0.450-4.500
Thyroxine (T4) 6.0 4.5-12.0 ug/dL 01
T3 Uptake 31 24-39 % 01
Free Thyroxine Index 1.9 1.2-4.9

Testosterone, Serum 508 348-1197 ng/dL
Testosterone,Free 20.22 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
Estradiol, Sensitive 48.1 HIGH 8.0-35.0 pg/mL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 17.6 16.5-55.9 nmol/L
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 336 HIGH 88-246 ng/mL

(DHEA) 606 31-701 ng/dL
Cortisol 21.0 6.2 - 19.4

Hello all,

Hematocrit 47.9 37.5-51.0
TSH 2.680 0.450-4.500
Thyroxine (T4) 6.0 4.5-12.0 ug/dL 01
T3 Uptake 31 24-39 % 01
Free Thyroxine Index 1.9 1.2-4.9

Testosterone, Serum 508 348-1197 ng/dL
Testosterone,Free 20.22 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
Estradiol, Sensitive 48.1 HIGH 8.0-35.0 pg/mL

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 17.6 16.5-55.9 nmol/L
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 336 HIGH 88-246 ng/mL

(DHEA) 606 31-701 ng/dL
Cortisol 21.0 6.2 - 19.4

How many hours after your injection was your blood drawn? Yes your estrogen is a little high do you take AI? Also where is your hemoglobin?

why is your test low to start with?

Unfortunately I do not know. I was having all the low T symptoms and a co-worker suggested I check my levels. It came back at 191 and the doc put me on gel right away. Once my levels hit 250 she said I was good and to apply the gel whenever I feel I need a boost. After about six months and a move I started injections. I was diagnosed Hypergonadism But they never did any digging to find out why. If i remember correctly the initial test showed my thyroid was in range but I do not recall what they checked or the numbers.

Another case of not doing all the homework from the start sadly.

The blood draw was taken on day 5 of 7 day injections. Shots are giving on Thursday morning and the blood was Tuesday morning the following week. I am only taking the testosterone and nothing else. My current doc doesn't even check for estrogen. I went to a private lab out of suspicion. My doc saw my numbers at 400 and when I suggested Raising the dose due to still not feeling great she said I was in range and not to worry. So I am trying to take my health into my own hands hence asking for advice. I am probably going to wait till I can raise my dose to 150 mg a week to see if the estrogen goes up more. if so start an AI

Hemoglobin 16.5 12.6-17.7 g/dL

I think your dosage should be increased, but you need to add an AI like Anastrozole. If your doc is unwilling to do these things you might have a bit of a problem.

Do you have a lot of body fat? I ask because this can increase aromatization and your E2 is pretty high for your modest dose.

The boost in IGF-1 is normal and I would consider it a benefit.

Was your blood drawn just before your next shot? I'm hoping that's your trough level.

Your Cortisol looks a bit high.

I think your dosage should be increased, but you need to add an AI like Anastrozole. If your doc is unwilling to do these things you might have a bit of a problem.

Do you have a lot of body fat? I ask because this can increase aromatization and your E2 is pretty high for your modest dose.

The boost in IGF-1 is normal and I would consider it a benefit.

Was your blood drawn just before your next shot? I'm hoping that's your trough level.

Your Cortisol looks a bit high.

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I have about 20 pounds of fat to lose in my opinion. Before I started trt I was 260 and now down to 219. I Can see how the extra fat could cause the E to be high. Never considered it, thank you.

Blood was taken on day 5 of 7 so a little over half way

Should I consider a natural supplement to lower cortisol?

The blood draw was taken on day 5 of 7 day injections. Shots are giving on Thursday morning and the blood was Tuesday morning the following week. I am only taking the testosterone and nothing else. My current doc doesn't even check for estrogen. I went to a private lab out of suspicion. My doc saw my numbers at 400 and when I suggested Raising the dose due to still not feeling great she said I was in range and not to worry. So I am trying to take my health into my own hands hence asking for advice. I am probably going to wait till I can raise my dose to 150 mg a week to see if the estrogen goes up more. if so start an AI
Hemoglobin 16.5 12.6-17.7 g/dL

Probably would've been best to have your blood drawn right before your injection was due for the next dose. Your levels would have definitely been lower two days later so looks like you could use more testosterone but it's not always easy getting a general doctor to up the dose or to even prescribe it at all. Yes good job getting your blood work done on your own to stay on top of stuff. And yes your estrogen will go up more if you take any more testosterone so it's going to create more of an issue so I would not raise your dose without starting an AI.

Probably would've been best to have your blood drawn right before your injection was due for the next dose. Your levels would have definitely been lower two days later so looks like you could use more testosterone but it's not always easy getting a general doctor to up the dose or to even prescribe it at all. Yes good job getting your blood work done on your own to stay on top of stuff. And yes your estrogen will go up more if you take any more testosterone so it's going to create more of an issue so I would not raise your dose without starting an AI.

Thank you,

I agree with you on everything. If i get to a place were i can increase my dose i will add an AI as well to combat to estrogen. Thank you for the encouragement and cheers to a good life !!

Back