For the aussies: Needle and Syringe Program

Onk

1kg = 2.20 lbs
To all my Aussie brothers and sisters on the forum, have any of you used any of the Needle and Syringe injecting sites around the country?

I'm in Sydney and work near central station. There's one on Elizabeth street, in Surry Hills.

Basically you can go there and they provide free injecting equipment, similar to the injecting site in Kings Cross for the reduction in heroine problems.
E.g. You can rock in with your product, they provide the alcohol swabs and needles+syringes and a nurse supervises you doing your injections properly.

Obviously, once you've done it a few times you can do it on your own (if you want) and although free syringes/needles is a nice deal....I was mainly looking to find a safe place that's not home with family around or work with collleagues around.

Would be good to know if anyone has considered going there or tried any?

More info can be found if you google acon.org or needle and syringe program.
Other countries such as Finland, Norway and Luxembourg all have similar government funded initiatives as well.

I go to one but not to inject. I just pick up all of my supplies. Barrels, needles, syringes and swabs, they don't ask one Q. If i was in your situation, i would have no problem going to one.

Reactions: Onk
roger that, thanks for the advice. Any reason you haven't injected whilst there or it just isn't convenient?

I go to one but not to inject. I just pick up all of my supplies. Barrels, needles, syringes and swabs, they don't ask one Q. If i was in your situation, i would have no problem going to one.

Yep, the only questions that will be asked if your age and the intent for use if you get needles only, no biggie. I think it's good Australia provides these places... They have half the idea in place, realising people will have access too and will be using AAS no matter what so they may as well provide a setting and the correct equipment for free to make it as safe and educated as possible. On the other hand the laws for AAS possession, well, it's a fucking hormone that you don't get high from and nobody has died from. Decriminalise the stuff! The only threat AAS pose is the waste of tax payer money trying to crack down labs etc.

I use a needle exchange for exchanging all my used slin/IM pins.. and for every pin i turn in i get a new one... everyone who works there is super cool, they hooked it up with a free sharps contaiiner since my pharmacists told me to just put them in a milk carton ol...

but this place does not offer any onsite injection type stuff... it is ran by Univ of Il Chicago

As an update: went in this arvo (afternoon for the non-aussies that don't get our slang) as it was open until 6pm.
One of the nurses walks me in and asks what I want, they have everything between 18-29 gauge needles, syringes and give our free sharps containers.
They encourage you to bring yours back as "it makes our numbers look good"
They offered to take me to the closed room and "take me through it" if I needed help first time but emphasised they would never actually assist, just give the knowledge.
Otherwise, no problems unless people try to take too many at once.

Was pretty funny when they said "lots of the guys taking gear get into insulin later, that's on the top shelf if you want it"

I just pick what I need up in bulk mate. I can pin at home.
roger that. IF only that worked for me

Back