Formoterol the "New Clenbuterol"???

san_juan

Gimme Fuel!
Hey everyone - just wanted to share the article below with you...read on! Formoterol is currently marketed under various trade names including Foradil/Foradile (Novartis) and Oxis (AstraZeneca). Clen has worked perfecty for me in two separate cycles this year, but I'm going to try find some Formoterol for my next cutting cycle to give it a try.

Here's the article:

Formoterol Increases Muscle Mass
Written by Anssi H. Manninen, MHS
Tuesday, 17 October 2006

Formoterol is a beta-2 agonist used in the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. A beta-2 agonist is a compound that stimulates beta-2 receptors, with little or no effect at the beta-1 receptors. While such products were traditionally used for the treatment of bronchial ailments, the use of beta-2 agonists (e.g., clenbuterol) in the livestock industry revealed some interesting side effects, namely increased skeletal muscle mass and a concominant decrease in body fat.

In a recent rat study published in The British Journal of Pharmacology, the investigators examined how beta-2 agonists, formoterol and salmeterol, affect skeletal and heart muscle mass. Both drugs were administered via daily i.p. injection at different doses (ranging from 1 to 2,000 micrograms per kilogram of body mass per day) for four weeks. The results revealed that formoterol was more potent than salmeterol. In fact, doses as low as 1 microgram per kilogram per day of formoterol can elicit significant skeletal muscle hypertrophy with minimal heart muscle hypertrophy. However, well-controlled human studies are needed before firm conclusions can be drawn. The potential side effects of beta-2 agonists include anxiety, fast heart rate and low blood potassium.

Back