Forum diet and fat loss info

cptsteele

I know most of you (probably all) dont know me so, what Im about to say take however you want but these are the things that got me lean, and fast.

The myth of the slow go cardio sessions for 45 minutes, fuck that it doesnt work but to waste your time. Get on the stair mill and sprint that bitch for 30 seconds and slow for 10 and do that for 20. Get out to a field and flat out sprint for a full minute stop doing some light jumping jacks for 20 or 30 seconds and do it again. Do this for 20 minutes.

You will burn more fat retain far more muscle doing the above than the typical 45 minutes at 60%.

The idea that you need to eat 5k calories a day and binge to gain muscle, bullshit. Yeah it may work but chances are you are soft as a donut fresh out of the oven. Hitting the weights HARD and stimulate and not kill grows muscle. The days you dont lift should be doing stamina/anerobic high intensity work. Keeps you lean and gives your body reason to hang onto muscle.

Im 6'3" and I have been as big as 245 pulling over 600 squatting over 5 for reps, but I felt like shit. I grew up boxing and wanted to get back to it. I got a slot at a local boxing club and the coach walked by and said "hey great legs what do you squat?" I told him and then said "that dont mean shit here"

Little did I know all that muscle required oxygen that I wasnt used to delivering. So I changed my whole training and eating habbits.

I eat clean but dont count calories. I think its stupid (now) I dont weigh anything or measure, I just eat. I would speculate I eat about 2800 clean calories and maintain and probably get leaner with this.

Lastly this does not go for competitive bb's, most of us will never be that and frankly dont need to be. The idea of being as huge as possible for the sake of it, I understand it but if you are huge but cant make it up a flight of stairs, who gives a shit? If you cant bend over and tie your shoes, you are probably neglecting a part of your training somewhere. The average weight trained guy who is about 8% with a 16" is HUGE compared to your everyday average joe. If you can see veins in your lower abs and have about a 12" drop from chest to waist and another 10 from your shoulders to chest and lean, you are well above average to the typical douche on the street.

so to recap

slow go cardio= sweaty for nothing
no stamina anerobic training= big and slow
Eat clean and dont mind fuck your diet
Train hard stimulate growth dont destroy yourself.

The key to grow and remain lean or loose fat at the same time is driving all the bodies energy systems at the same time.

Anywhoo, enjoy yourself and take what I say with a grain of salt because everyone is different and not everything works for everyone and this style of fat reduction is not for the faint of heart.

look bud im all smiles that youve found a way to reach your goals but that doesn't mean that its the only way..

empty stomach cardio is one of the best ways to drop fat and retain muscle..

i give out advice for a living and have successfully helped tons of people lose weight with empty stomach cardio and a approach much different then yours.. so keep that in mind...

well done on all the accomplishments!

look bud im all smiles that youve found a way to reach your goals but that doesn't mean that its the only way..

empty stomach cardio is one of the best ways to drop fat and retain muscle..

i give out advice for a living and have successfully helped tons of people lose weight with empty stomach cardio and a approach much different then yours.. so keep that in mind...

well done on all the accomplishments!

If you go and burn lets say 800 calories in 30 minutes, how is 45 minutes of slow blow cardio burning maybe 300 calories going to drop fat faster? I have done that it sucked and was a waste of my time.

If you made it a "workout" and went 110% doing lets say 250 burpee's you are working your body AND retaining muscle because of utilization and you switching it up.

The guys who benefit most from slow go cardio where every last ounce of muscle makes a difference? BB pro's who are already massive and are burning huge massive amounts of calories just taking a leak, your average forum jockey, or novice everyday guy, not so much. The last time I had to drop bf and did the full on 'magazine/forum training I looked and felt like shit. Psychologically to train with a HIT interval seems better, especially if you are logging it and have some consistency to your routines. Beat the damn logbook, and all the while not loosing muscle and getting in better shape and dropping fat.

Developing your stamina not only helps you lift harder and longer, its good for ya.

Slow empty stomach cardio may work for some but is not an end all be all. With that being said have you trained in the manner I have mentioned above? I have done both, so Im speaking from experience and my quality of life went up. I never felt diet fatigue I never felt weak (because I was eating the same and working harder)

Now someone obese or really far out of shape, they need to start the way you mentioned, they would have a stroke or a heart attack or hurt themselves trying to go all out after a sedentary lifestyle.

I was offering a discussion and another point of view that the days of me listening to the forum guru's and the mags, didnt lead me to a better athlete or pseudo bb, there is other ways of training which are smarter.

Last edited:
i would have to say that listening to the "forum guru" could entail a great many things.. did i help you out with your diet???

regardless... empty stomach am cardio targets fat and plays a key role in being anti-catabolic..

now im not saying the path you have chosen is wrong.. i boxed for 6 years.. i currently do jiu-jitsu... i know what high intensity is.. and yes, it does work.. but your gonna lose more muscle, esp if your not getting the right nutrition in, with this manner...

we are in the mindset of KEEPING AS MUCH MUSCLE AS POSSIBLE when cutting..

your way would not be the correct way to go if thats our goals..

and i gotta say if the low intensity way didn't do you right.. its probably because of your diet.. volume.. food choices.. and timing of meals..

theres alotta people who have followed my advice and achieved their goals happily..

i would have to say that listening to the "forum guru" could entail a great many things.. did i help you out with your diet???

regardless... empty stomach am cardio targets fat and plays a key role in being anti-catabolic..

now im not saying the path you have chosen is wrong.. i boxed for 6 years.. i currently do jiu-jitsu... i know what high intensity is.. and yes, it does work.. but your gonna lose more muscle, esp if your not getting the right nutrition in, with this manner...

we are in the mindset of KEEPING AS MUCH MUSCLE AS POSSIBLE when cutting..

your way would not be the correct way to go if thats our goals..

and i gotta say if the low intensity way didn't do you right.. its probably because of your diet.. volume.. food choices.. and timing of meals..

theres alotta people who have followed my advice and achieved their goals happily..

Im not singling you out.

Im saying the norm of the low slow is not as effective even at maintaining muscle as once thought. If you are feeding correctly, and you exponentially increase work output you will drop fat and gain and or retain muscle mass. G-flux theory from Beradi is a good example. By increasing the work output you are not going to go backwards especially if are still working at high performance levels.

Im not singling you out.

Im saying the norm of the low slow is not as effective even at maintaining muscle as once thought. If you are feeding correctly, and you exponentially increase work output you will drop fat and gain and or retain muscle mass. G-flux theory from Beradi is a good example. By increasing the work output you are not going to go backwards especially if are still working at high performance levels.

agreed.. if you are feeding correctly.. you can still have decent results as stated..

but if you feed correctly with the low intesnity... you'll also see decent results.. but only have to put half the work in..

not everyone has the will to do high intensity workouts like u bro..

i commend you though.. well done...

my only advice to you is to be careful if you ever slow down the exercise make sure you slow down and cut short the food intake too..

alotta waterpolo players expereince this..

when they are in season they can eat pretty much whatever they want and will still lose weight due to the demands waterpolo puts on the body.. when these guys stop playing for prolonged peroids of time they get heavy because they're still eating like waterpolo players.. .

just something to think about

Back