Free Diet Advice from 3J

Thanks, fo advise. doingn't go on a diet just eat healthily, watch your position size and don't eat late at night. if you go on a diet you will feel more need to eat the food that put you in the first place in the position that makes you wants to lose weight . that my advice because I did all the diet under the sun and ended putting more weight, if I listen to people who advise me not to go on a diet I will be slim be now. I am following the NHS 12 weeks programs for a week and lost 400 g and feel better.

Hello , id like if its possible some advice about my diet . Im currently 28yold/m/ 1.70cm - 78kg looking to cut some fat . i workout Monday to Friday (chest-bic/back/shoulder-tri/legs/chest) and saturday 40min cardio first thing in the morning). Sunday is off day. Il up the cardio in the next weeks to 2 times per week and then three and see how its going.

Im not sure about my current bf because i keep in mid section (maybe because i was obese some years ago) while the rest of me is getting leaner. some info pics included

I started my cut from 80kg, upped my protein intake from 180gr and lower my carb intake because after a certain point i get bloated and so far i keep my strength but id love to take some advice's.
here is a pic of my @ 80kg , its clear i have some trouble on the stomach area maybe because i was obese years ago but when i get my bf down it clears up
View attachment 567192

and here im @ 78kg after workout

View attachment 567193

il explain my thinking about my diet

whey at morning just because i go to the gym 2 hours later so i have to digest it fast (if i eat eggs/egg whites i feel the food coming up my mouth , need like 3-4 hours to digest them for some reason and i get a weird stomach bloat like i had a bag of air in lower stomach area from eggs anyway i eat them) and no whey post workout because there will be too much shakes plus il eat lunch 3 hours later due to everyday schedule (college etc) and i think im better off with real food since then

View attachment 567191

i like to eat clean year around , i never do dirty bulks etc and i eat junk occasionally because i dont even feel like i need to/want to
only cycles i have ever run was some years ago test-e 500ew/12w(had great results , felt great and i loved it) and susta/tbol (i had to stop it early because i had bad allergic reaction to susta oil or just dirty gear...? who knows..)
currently natty , supplements multi vitamin , omega 3 fats , beta alanine , creatine , b12
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello , id like if its possible some advice about my diet . Im currently 28yold/m/ 1.70cm - 78kg looking to cut some fat . i workout Monday to Friday (chest-bic/back/shoulder-tri/legs/chest) and saturday 40min cardio first thing in the morning). Sunday is off day. Il up the cardio in the next weeks to 2 times per week and then three and see how its going.

Im not sure about my current bf because i keep in mid section (maybe because i was obese some years ago) while the rest of me is getting leaner. some info pics included

I started my cut from 80kg, upped my protein intake from 180gr and lower my carb intake because after a certain point i get bloated and so far i keep my strength but id love to take some advice's.
here is a pic of my @ 80kg , its clear i have some trouble on the stomach area maybe because i was obese years ago but when i get my bf down it clears up
View attachment 567192

and here im @ 78kg after workout

View attachment 567193

il explain my thinking about my diet

whey at morning just because i go to the gym 2 hours later so i have to digest it fast (if i eat eggs/egg whites i feel the food coming up my mouth , need like 3-4 hours to digest them for some reason and i get a weird stomach bloat like i had a bag of air in lower stomach area from eggs anyway i eat them) and no whey post workout because there will be too much shakes plus il eat lunch 3 hours later due to everyday schedule (college etc) and i think im better off with real food since then

View attachment 567191

i like to eat clean year around , i never do dirty bulks etc and i eat junk occasionally because i dont even feel like i need to/want to
only cycles i have ever run was some years ago test-e 500ew/12w(had great results , felt great and i loved it) and susta/tbol (i had to stop it early because i had bad allergic reaction to susta oil or just dirty gear...? who knows..)
currently natty , supplements multi vitamin , omega 3 fats , beta alanine , creatine , b12
thanks in advance
hi, i need you to read post 1 and follow the directions there.. that includes writing out your diet in meal time format for me to critique..

Ex obese workout since 2012 with sometime off for army and medical operation for lose skin/abs repair
age 28
weight 77kg
height 1,71 cm
bf unknown due to weird fat distribution in lower areas (il include pictures if it helps)
View attachment 567197
goals cutting to 10% at least
BMR :2000cal
TDE : 2500cal
cutting cal at this moment : 2000
Macros : 225gr protein , 151gr carbs (most around workout pre-post) 54gr fats
Training : 5 days/week weight training high intensity as heavy as im able 40-45min (Chest-bic/back/shoulders-triceps/legs - repeat) 1 day cardio first thing in the morning (40-50min spin bike on empty stomach)

my diet is in this picture with macros and calories

View attachment 567196

First meal is pre-workout because i workout @ morning

hi, i need you to read post 1 and follow the directions there.. that includes writing out your diet in meal time format for me to critique..

Thanks for the reply and sorry but for some reason my first reply disappeared so il try post again

age 28
weight 77-77,5) on empty stomach/morning
height1.71cm
bf unknown (il include pic if it helps)
goals cut to 10%
ex-obese (135-140kg back in 2011 to 2012)

training : 5 days/week weights 45-50 min high intensity heaviest as i can and 1 day cardio 40min first thing in the morning on empty stomach, Sunday is rest
Chest-bi/back/shoulder-tri/legs - repeat

BMR : 1800cal
TDE : 2500cal (i was eating about 2500cal for 3 months now and i stayed the same weight)
current calories : 2000
macros: 225p/151c/54f

1 meal prewo and the rest are coming like 3 hours one after another

meal 1 (pre workout)

50gr oats dry
40gr whey protein
180gr apple

443cal 61c /7f/ 40p

meal 2 (post workout)
chicken breast 150 (roasted 100gr)
sweet potato 125gr

266cal 25c/2f/35p

meal 3
zucchini 300gr
olive oil 12ml
312cal 11c 13f 36p

meal 4 - afternoon snack
2 slices wholegrain bread
302cal 20c 4f 41p

meal 5
Turkey breast 150 (roasted 100gr)
olive oil 12ml
600gr lettuce salad
100gr mushrooms
371cal 20c 14f 44p

meal 6 (pre-bed)
300gr greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon cinnamon
18gr peanuts
301cal 14c 14f 29p

pic of my diet from myfitnesspal
View attachment 567198

pic of me at this moment (legs are like half month ago didn't had recent)

View attachment 567199

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and sorry but for some reason my first reply disappeared so il try post again

age 28
weight 77-77,5) on empty stomach/morning
height1.71cm
bf unknown (il include pic if it helps)
goals cut to 10%
ex-obese (135-140kg back in 2011 to 2012)

training : 5 days/week weights 45-50 min high intensity heaviest as i can and 1 day cardio 40min first thing in the morning on empty stomach, Sunday is rest
Chest-bi/back/shoulder-tri/legs - repeat

BMR : 1800cal
TDE : 2500cal (i was eating about 2500cal for 3 months now and i stayed the same weight)
current calories : 2000
macros: 225p/151c/54f

1 meal prewo and the rest are coming like 3 hours one after another

meal 1 (pre workout)

50gr oats dry
40gr whey protein
180gr apple
ok
443cal 61c /7f/ 40p

meal 2 (post workout)
sweet potato 125gr
ok
266cal 25c/2f/35p

meal 3
zucchini 300gr
olive oil 12ml
312cal 11c 13f 36
ok
meal
4 - afternoon snack
2 slices wholegrain bread
302cal 20c 4f 41p
ok
meal 5
Turkey breast 150 (roasted 100gr)
olive oil 12ml
600gr lettuce salad
100gr mushrooms
371cal 20c 14f 44p
ok
meal 6 (pre-bed)
300gr greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon cinnamon
18gr peanuts
301cal 14c 14f 29p
ok
pic of my diet from myfitnesspal
View attachment 567198

pic of me at this moment (legs are like half month ago didn't had recent)

View attachment 567199
the diet looks fine.. the fact that youre at 2000 calories bothers me.. were you doing any cardio at 2500 calories?

the diet looks fine.. the fact that youre at 2000 calories bothers me.. were you doing any cardio at 2500 calories?

sorry i missed to reply , it was a crazy weekend , thanks for your answer

on 2500cal i wasnt doing any cardio at all but my workout was really exhausting. i lift heavy and push myself as i did back then when i had been running a test only cycle (but then i didnt get that feeling i need to take a nap post workout ) , and tbh i think my CNS gets fried from time to time. Ive been taking a little to no breaks between exercises (except heavy exercises : squat / dl etc) and iv always been doing more exercises that i needed , counter productive i know .. but i just love workout so i made that mistake..

now to make things right finally .. past week i fixed my diet even more. Changed my training hours , and changed my breakfast with 1 egg/egg whites/oats/apple , put the whey post workout and kept the macros the same with some tweaks. So yeah carbs at the morning pre-workout/post workout and a little at night from veggies.

diet changes are on this myfitnesspal picture and its working better this way

View attachment 567233

also i fixed my training program , i started using your reverse pyramid and i had some of the best pumps of my life , i loved it.
here is a pic from arms day :angel:

View attachment 567234

thanks for everything , your articles are awesome! i love this forum :cool:

Hi @3J

I will be started my 3rd ever cycle. 1st in over 4 years though.
My current stats are as follows

Sex : Male
Weight :87kg (first thing in the morning)
BF: 14-15% (calipers and electric measurement device at gym)
BMR 1970 calories
TDEE 3053 calories ( based on moderate exercise levels, I do exercise 5 days a week, very little cardio, but I teach a fitness bootcamp at my old University)
Goals: As mentioned above I will be jumping on my first cycle in a long while and would like to hit about 200lb but lower my body fat closer to 10%
View attachment 567290

I limit my beef intake to once a week since Sept and I have had a very positive change in digestion, but that final pre bed meal use to be either a steak or homemade beef burgers with salad.

Wow, I signed up for this forum having read the first few pages of this thread. Incredible! Good job 3J! I've been training for a decade with basically no gains. By page 3 of this thread it was pretty clear why. Will start logging meals, routine, etc for next week and post. Am expecting my diet will need some pretty drastic changes. Hope to work with you, even beyond this thread, to make sure my next decade gets me where I want to be.

66 + ( 6.23 x 165 ) + ( 12.7 x 67 ) - ( 6.8 x 23 )

66 + 1,027.95+850.9-156.4

BMRR - 1788.45 x 1.55 = 2,772

Maintenance - 2,772 + 500(bulk)

Bulk - 3,272

262=1048
331=1324
100=900

correct?

Back