Fucked up my pec muscle benching to much weight, when can i start training

tjadri

i fucked up my right pec muscle, i was on my last set last rep. and i felt some shit that just snapped, and couldn't finish my last rep. then i tried to finish my workout after stretching a little but it was painful so i called it a day, this happened 7 days ago, been only doing abs and legs. 2 times during does 7 days. muscle is not swollen any longer and i can move around, i tried doing a push up to see if it hurts and it still hurts but nothing like when it happened, i would say about 20%. so i decided to give it at least 1 more week before i try anything. wiith my chest. so my question is,, can i still workout other parts of my upper body like my arms? in the mean time??

massage the pec regularly to help get blood to it. stretch it too, just apply pressure slowly. stay off heavy presses but dont stop training entirely. you can do 100, 50, 25 rep sets to work it as long as it does not aggrevate the injury. work up to heavier poundages as you heal. this is what i have done with past muscle/tendon tears and work well . joint/ligament injuries are a different animal anyway, i would still get an MRI and have a doc look at it, chances are you do have a partial tear.... good luck bro.

massage the pec regularly to help get blood to it. stretch it too, just apply pressure slowly. stay off heavy presses but dont stop training entirely. you can do 100, 50, 25 rep sets to work it as long as it does not aggrevate the injury. work up to heavier poundages as you heal. this is what i have done with past muscle/tendon tears and work well . joint/ligament injuries are a different animal anyway, i would still get an MRI and have a doc look at it, chances are you do have a partial tear.... good luck bro.

ok, thanks for the advice. i will resume my workout routine today. ill go light and high reps, until i feel stronger, pain was really bad the fist day it happened. couldn't even lift my arm or stretch it to much, now i dont feel any pain, i feel something when i do push ups a small discomfort not pain.but a million times better then when it happened. hope is a minor tear and it heals fast since im in the middle of my prop tren Anavar (var) cycle. i stopped working out for 7 days and even with my strict fasting diet i still gained about 5 pds.

i'd give it another week. if it was a no shit tear i wouldn't recommend doing any upper body work at all. your chest flexes, stretches and stabilizes on all upper body movements. if it was a partial tear and it's feeling better, that doesn't mean it's completely healed. you hopefully plan on lifting for life, and have many years ahead of you. 3 weeks not working upperbody isn't going to kill you.

Its all about your recovery time everyones is different. Just do what feels right and do light weights but only if you feel its not re aggravating your muscles. I pop my wrist out every now and again benching and as much as it sucks i found letting it heal takes a lot less time away from working out then trying to work through it.

i'd give it another week. if it was a no shit tear i wouldn't recommend doing any upper body work at all. your chest flexes, stretches and stabilizes on all upper body movements. if it was a partial tear and it's feeling better, that doesn't mean it's completely healed. you hopefully plan on lifting for life, and have many years ahead of you. 3 weeks not working upper body isn't going to kill you.

hey, thanks for the advice,, i went to the gym last night, did arms, biceps and triceps, medium&light weight. my chest was fine no pain. but like i mention before i feel some weird sensation when i did lying tricep ext. light weight, i felt it., not pain tho. so i think i can do arms legs and abs, and cardio until next week when ill start again with my lower body, arms , and by the end of next week ill start slow with chest. i stretch my pec muscles at home ed, and i do some recovery exercises that i seen in a doctors forum.

by the way, i rub voltaren 4 times a day. and my diet is high in proteins, that should help me recover faster. was taking napronex 550mg the first 3 days. but im taking lisinopril 10mg for bp , i take it only when i cycle. so they interact and napronex kills the effects of lisinopril. so i just use voltaren instead

Ive torn a muscle in between the pec and the arm, basically right at the V of the armpit at least three times. I cant explain it. I did it once doing dumb bell press and at least twice doing bench press. I even started lifting with a power lifter who showed me the right form for BP and I tore it three weeks later- the week before I was bench pressing 275 for reps, a week later during warm up i tore it with 185. The problem seems like its never going to go away to be honest. I can now do dumb bell press ( incline only ) and pushups but always feel that irritation. each time it happened it sounded like someone ripping a cotton tshirt, and the burn started a few seconds after. good luck.

Ive torn a muscle in between the pec and the arm, basically right at the V of the armpit at least three times. I cant explain it. I did it once doing dumb bell press and at least twice doing bench press. I even started lifting with a power lifter who showed me the right form for BP and I tore it three weeks later- the week before I was bench pressing 275 for reps, a week later during warm up i tore it with 185. The problem seems like its never going to go away to be honest. I can now do dumb bell press ( incline only ) and pushups but always feel that irritation. each time it happened it sounded like someone ripping a cotton tshirt, and the burn started a few seconds after. good luck.

definite pec tear. how much time did you lay off it each time you fucked it up? each subsequent time is going to take longer to heal than the previous.

definite pec tear. how much time did you lay off it each time you fucked it up? each subsequent time is going to take longer to heal than the previous.

I think one time I didnt do any bench press for 9 months, just pushups and other chest workouts, after 9 months off I tore it again I think within a month of starting BP again,.

I think one time I didnt do any bench press for 9 months, just pushups and other chest workouts, after 9 months off I tore it again I think within a month of starting BP again,.

fuck that sucks dude, i had that happened to me too a few years ago, im a soccer player i fucked up my my groin muscle, wow it took sooo long to get better, i would play every weekend, and had to stop for 2 weeks felt better, 2 minutes into the match i had to leave the game, and i stopped playing maybe for a month and same shit happened when i came back, until i stopped for a few months, 2 or 3. and i wormed up before every game for about 30mts. and it finally got back to normal, now about my pec inj. i been back in the gym since Monday, i did arms , and yesterday i did shoulders, light weight,, felt pretty good. today legs. tomorrow ill do abs and cardio and Friday might do arms again. next week ill try doing some isolated exc. cables for my pecs. light weight to see what happens

fuck that sucks dude, i had that happened to me too a few years ago, im a soccer player i fucked up my my groin muscle, wow it took sooo long to get better, i would play every weekend, and had to stop for 2 weeks felt better, 2 minutes into the match i had to leave the game, and i stopped playing maybe for a month and same shit happened when i came back, until i stopped for a few months, 2 or 3. and i wormed up before every game for about 30mts. and it finally got back to normal, now about my pec inj. i been back in the gym since Monday, i did arms , and yesterday i did shoulders, light weight,, felt pretty good. today legs. tomorrow ill do abs and cardio and Friday might do arms again. next week ill try doing some isolated exc. cables for my pecs. light weight to see what happens

If thats you in your avatar pic, I would kill to be in the shape youre in. Im just moderately big, 230lbs, not as defined and toned as you are. So I wouldnt lose any sleep over not being able to bench press for a while if I were you, its not the end of the world !

If thats you in your avatar pic, I would kill to be in the shape youre in. Im just moderately big, 230lbs, not as defined and toned as you are. So I wouldnt lose any sleep over not being able to bench press for a while if I were you, its not the end of the world !

Thanks, and yes its me, that pic was this past summer, now im about 10%bf, in that pic im about 11 or 12%. aiming for 8-9% and yeah bro ur right, ill just take it easy until it heals. thanks

Back