Full Time Job Might Kill My Gains...

Thoms said:
Plus aren't you giving the exact same advice as me?
Also, if you are calling BB bullshit, you are definitely on the wrong board...
how am i giving the same advice as you? you tell the guy to eat anyway and if they fire him then oh well, and im telling him that getting his meals in is not a problem. Pay attention to whats being said.

Im not calling BB bullshit, but how many people on this board actually compete? For 99% of the people here, BBing is purely a hobby, absolutely no different than collecting stamps or playing pickup games of basketball, despite how "special" you might feel about the fact that you go to the gym on a regular basis...its just something that interests the people here, and is a fun way to pass the time. Few people here are making a living out of it. Unless your a pro or an up-and-commer in the BB world, eating chicken breasts and going to the gym is bullshit if its compromising you making a living. If you disagree then youre priorities are fucked, and im glad im not you.

Miss Muscle said:
Just say you have to go to the bathroom and chow down in there.

Yeah great advise, eat where everybody takes a shit and pisses infection all over the place.

bottomw line is make your meals ahead of time like the rest of the world and if you job for whatever reason doesn't let you have time for meals well thats just too bad mang. Family, health, job/money are top of my lists, working out is about 100th.

right pumped said:
bottomw line is make your meals ahead of time like the rest of the world and if you job for whatever reason doesn't let you have time for meals well thats just too bad mang. Family, health, job/money are top of my lists, working out is about 100th.

Dont get me wrong its not what my life is all about. But i have been dedicated to it before and i need to get back into it.

Mudge said:
not everyone has time for 18 meals like Jay Cutler who wakes up 3x during the night to do cardio and fucking eat meals :laugh4:

Yeah when my freind first heard that he does that...he incorporated that in his regimine. He told me it was working for him. And i was thinkin' about trying it for like a month but i can't afford to lose sleep. It takes me a while to go to sleep..and if i think if i had a meal and a shake in the middle of the night...i'd never get to bed.

Suareezay said:
Unless your a pro or an up-and-commer in the BB world, eating chicken breasts and going to the gym is bullshit if its compromising you making a living.

Good point. I wish i had the money to make BB into a living. I like the idea of pushing my body to the limit. Pro's have it easy...they can afford to compete.

Last edited:
right pumped said:
Yeah great advise, eat where everybody takes a shit and pisses infection all over the place.

Yeah.. Who would be ignorant to eat in the washroom, no matter how clean yours may be... I always have left overs, and if there isn't enough for the following day i take some chicken out, and let it defrost overnight.

I guess I'm more of a 'I work to live' than a 'I live to work' person. I don't feel work should interfere with what I want to do in life. You may think BB is dumb and all, no problem, but it's not an excuse for a boss' behaviour. As you might have expected, I had some bad experiences with jobs in the past when I still had YOUR point of view, and I took way too much crap from my boss. Although i bent over for his every whim, it resulted in me being thoroughly unhappy and unhealthy, to end up in me being fired anyways for made-up reasons because situations just don't work out like that. I had an arrogant and dumb sob for a boss. In retrospect, yes I needed the job for money, but I'm not about to go that road again. I took shit for my meal choice; healthy food was not allowed; why couldn't I just take a big mac like everybody else? I took shit because I left some books in my own car, cause customers might come, see my car from afar, see the few books, and think it this 'disarray' would be associated with the company; My boss actually looked with binoculars from out of his office to check that for 2 of MY books lying neatly in MY car in a parkinglot - I took shit because I drank one or two beers on a saturday,...
So if a new boss thinks he can control every aspect of my life, i.e. telling me if I can eat or not, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. If it's not interfering with or related to my work, he has no saying in it.
So eat if you want to. It's your business. It's not a crime. If your boss disapproves, politely ask him what the problem is. Explain you need to eat a lot for your hobby, and it is in no way interfering with your work, and it's your own business. Stand up for your rights. If he wants to fire you for it - let him. You have no business working for a person with that mentality. If your boss makes a good point, i.e. you work with food around computer parts, or you work in a health lab, that's a different story off course, but that's not the situation here I presume.

thoms...sounds like you just had a shitty job, the OP has a typical job where you actually have to be at least somewhat productive (meaning theyre not going to pay you to sit around and count the minutes between meals because you like to eat healthy and work out).

I agree...it's not really a BB issue, but a boss issue...On one job I had the boss come over, asking me what I was doing eating at 10 am and 3pm, so I said I was BB and needed the extra food...he thought it was really cool, and started talking about one of his customers who was also a BB. On the other job, I did 10 unpayed hours a week of additional work for over 2 years, and the guy still gave me crap. I sure know which job I want to go back to.

Back