General Training question, no real relevance.

BiggieSwolls

Steelers = SuperBowl
Consider the fact that you were going to do two different 4 month sessions. One was a bulker, and one was a cutter. In which session would you feel training 6 days a week (hitting one bodypart twice a week while the rest of your muscles just once, rotating each week which bodypart gets hit twice) would be more optimal the 5 days a week(one bodypart per week)?????

Consider the session and which one you feel would require your muscles to rest more. Would it be when you are trying to put on the most muscle possible during your bulker, or would it be when you are cutting so that training the extra day a week helps with the fat loss and the increasing of the metabolism. Please, dont just consider those factors. Introduce as many as you want.

I know its not the the question of all questions, but a good training buddy of mine were discussing this for some time today at the gym. dont ask me why, we just were.

Reps

Thats a great question to think about...

Biggie...what about rep ranges, would the rep ranges & total # of work sets be the same for all of the sessions, or would one perform higher reps on the cutting sessions & fewer on the bulking ones & would the # of sets remain the same as well ??

Stroyer

Stroyer hit it right on...
what volume of training ie sets rep ranges?
My thoughts would be higher reps lighter weight for cutting
Heavier training during bulking phase lower reps and sets
Just MO

Back