getting help with first injection?

username1

ok I'm going to be starting testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) through Chip soon, just waiting to get my physical done. Now, I've read quite a bit about how easy the injections really are, and people (including like what i'm doing) build them self up and become overly nevrous about everything, sanitizing, air bubbles or whatever, where to pin, aspirating, etc. etc. I've seen a few youtube videos even, and it does look pretty simple but, will have to continue watching more before I really do it.

So, I thought of this. i was thinking there are "caregivers" out there that help the elderly and medical disabled in their homes, they are private caregivers. I see them advertising on craigslist also. I was thinking I could post on there or look for one that has experience administering shots/injections and do it for me the first few times and even show me how. I would learn it much more easily for sure if somebody showed me in person. I know youtube videos are no different, I don't know why somebody showing me in person would help me ease my nerves lot more.

I'm not sure how much it would cost since it's not much work or would take much time for them but, I would be willing to make it worth their while for a few times, I should be good by then.

The thing is that, I posted looking for one and haven't got any replies, I did mention that its going to be testoersone shots for low-t and intramuscular injections. Didn't get any replies yet.

I contacted some of them directly told them I got diagnosed with low-t and going the self-injection route but, nervous about it and looking for a certified or registered nurse / caregiver that has experience administering shots/injections. No replies.

One person I contacted and just asked if she knows how to administer shots/injections, she said yes and to call her but, before I called her I replied about everything in e-mail, low-t, test shots, few times, etc. but then she never replied back. Do you think this low-t stuff is something new to them or they don't really understand or do I sound dodgy for some reason? Maybe I should reword what I'm saying or asking or not mention low-t and all that at first, talk to them on the phone first?

Sorry if that was harsh. But a video and that site is all you need. Just do it. Id be happy to show you in person of you were in my area.

that spot injection site helps i kind of got freaked out from a youtube video i saw the other day on IM injections the lady was talking about there's a sciatic nerve that goes down your glutes and you don't want to hit that, since at first I thought it was basically anywhere on your glutes you could do it. So, that's why I started wondering where exactly am I supposed to do it. I think Chip said 2 inches over and 2 inches down. That spot injection site I saw it before but, when I clicked on glutes and even now I can't tell there's any of those pics below that black/white one at the top where it highlights the glue muscle in red. I was like what the hell that's it, how can I tell exactly where to do it, then I ended up scrolling down and so all those pics.

So, I guess that's all I need to do. Then I need to find a video that shows me how to get the medicine out of the bottle and into the syringe keeping everything sanitized. If you need to get air out of the needle etc.

Bro you are over analyzing everything. Use a alcohol swab to clean the area your going to inject and another to clean the top of your test bottle. Take a 18g pin and stick it in and pull out the amount you need, then swap it with a smaller 23g pin. Split you ass cheek into four sections and pin the top outter section, aspirate and inject slowly. It's simple you can do it. If you screw up or even forget a step your not going to die.. We've all done it before.

Bro you are over analyzing everything. Use a alcohol swab to clean the area your going to inject and another to clean the top of your test bottle. Take a 18g pin and stick it in and pull out the amount you need, then swap it with a smaller 23g pin. Split you ass cheek into four sections and pin the top outter section, aspirate and inject slowly. It's simple you can do it. If you screw up or even forget a step your not going to die.. We've all done it before.

Well said.

OP: try shoulders 1st time, so painless and easy.

Say Bro,

Don't sweat it. I think everyone knows someone qualified to help with this. A nurse friend, EMT buddy, AAS using buddy. Just saying. I had a nurse friend help me with my first two. Get some help for the first one or two, no worries.

Say Bro,

Don't sweat it. I think everyone knows someone qualified to help with this. A nurse friend, EMT buddy, AAS using buddy. Just saying. I had a nurse friend help me with my first two. Get some help for the first one or two, no worries.

I don't know anybody personally. That's why I was posting on craigslist looking for somebody but, nobody is replying. I don't know if it they think I sound sketchy or something or what.

Also thanks for the tips from everybody else, it looks like I'll have to do it myself since nobody is replying to me. I guess I'll get it everybody else does it themselves, I suppose I will as well.

it is soo much easier to pin your upper outer quads. Everything is in clear view. Just sit on the floor with your legs outstretched to release tension and to loosen the muscles. go in nice and slow, pull back on the plunger to check for blood. A small bubble will appear. Release the plunger, the bubble will disappear, then inject slow and evenly. I think it is much easier to learn with your quad then move to the glute if needed. I have only pinned quads, just rotating back and forth. Pin the upper/outer section about 6 inches down from your pelvic bone. Use a 1 inch 23 gauge if you don't have a lot of body fat.

I have been alternating delts for the last month. Much easier than trying to do a glute and I don't have any pain in the delts. I'm still trying to do my HCG with 25ml syringes in the glutes. It's a pain even with a small amount of HCG to self inject in the glute. Can I do the HCG in the delts too or should I stick to alternating delts for the test and use glute for HCG?

You can do hcg in ANY pinch of fat on your body. It's injected subq. I use glutes with a 1/2slin in or belly fat most of the time.

HCG is NOT injected subq. It should be injected IM just like test. You use much less HCG than test and it's water based that's why you can use a insulin pin for the shot. I pin shoulders and thigh with HCG using a insulin pin and never glutes, you'd need a much longer pin to hit glutes. Save the glutes for test.

If you read around most do it Subq. I've read a number of studies and they contradict each other on which is better. So subq less hassle, less pain. Just as good.

I feel you brother. I'm a pussy (I am what I eat) when it comes to needles/blood. I just have my girl do for me. Good luck..

wait so I need to learn how to do two different injections? subq for HCG and IM for test?

Last edited:
Back