getting help with first injection?

I was going to ask about just that. I'm leaving town for a while so I'm going to give self injections try. I was showed where to put it in my quad, and given some technique advise, but nothing on aspirating. The nurse just told me to find the highest part of the muscle belly, squeeze it, relax and jamb the thing in.

I didn't think I would have any issues at the time but I think staring at the syringes for the last week has taken a toll. I know I'm probably over-thinking it...all of my previous injections at the office were completely pain-free. I didn't really even feel the first 2cc's, so this can't be that bad.

What muscle are you injecting into?

The quads is where they instructed me to shoot. Upper outer portion. He had me flex and find the deepest portion to shoot into. That was pretty much it. They do know I have a bit of a needle phobia, so maybe they were just keeping it simple as possible. Right now it's just preloaded syringes in a bag.. 100mgs each, and 1 inch needles to keep from too much damage if I go nuts. I have pretty pronounced quads so this much should be easy.

I just hope the first one goes as planned and I an get over this silly needle phobia soon. I'm sure I'll mind f*ck myself about it, but once it's down it should be smooth sailing after that I'm guessing. Worst case I may just have a nurse friend to it who will be close by.

ETA: Getting myself into twice a week injections is big motivation for this "trial". I know I felt a great bit better after the original 400mg's and then the second 100mg injection just 4 days later. Now I'm getting 100mg's every week and I start feeling rough by the time the weekend is over so i'm going to push for Sunday/Monday injections earlier in the week as well at the Thursday injections. I guess I need to wait for the blood work before getting too excited about changing dosages.

ETAA: All previous injections were done in the upper glute. They've been great. At the most I feel just a tiny prick and then they are putting a bandaid on. These were all done with 1.5" 22ga needles.

Last edited:
Yeah I've gathered that from other people's posts on here. I just have this ridiculous phobia of needles that's so bad I puke and/or pass out usually. When I got sent overseas I was turned into a pincushion and I never got over getting sick. Maybe I just should have asked to stick myself...for some reason it didn't bother me much at all this time.

Anyhow, I apologize for all the babbling last night. I just worked myself up over nothing.

My nurse told me to aspirate to be 100% sure I am not in a vein. Do it or don't do it, if you are already sure you are in an area where it is highly unlikely to hit a vein it is probably not needed. But I am a little paranoid about it (and very new to this), so I worry about it still and so I aspirate. :)

I'm curious if anyone else does the pinch and stab method? Pinch is probably not the right term, but grab a chunk maybe.

That may have been tailored to the squeamish (me). Although the nurse that did it before, did that and I never felt much. I only ask because it's hard to pull that off and aspirate with just one hand.

I'm curious if anyone else does the pinch and stab method? Pinch is probably not the right term, but grab a chunk maybe.

That may have been tailored to the squeamish (me). Although the nurse that did it before, did that and I never felt much. I only ask because it's hard to pull that off and aspirate with just one hand.

There I no need to pinch for IM injections.

So the first one went great. The second hurt like hell. It's getting worse but not red or bumpy or anything. It hurts like hell to walk today. Am I being a bitch, or should I really worry about this?

I think something went wrong because my leg kicked a bit when I did it. Maybe just tore stuff up a bit more than normal?

So the first one went great. The second hurt like hell. It's getting worse but not red or bumpy or anything. It hurts like hell to walk today. Am I being a bitch, or should I really worry about this?

I think something went wrong because my leg kicked a bit when I did it. Maybe just tore stuff up a bit more than normal?

sounds like you got close to a nerve. Just try to stay away from that spot in the future if you can remember the precise location. Give it a few days and you will be fine.

So I've found a nerve and vessel in the right leg now too. I was going slow and pulled out and last time and put it back in a different place. The first stick bled for too long and kind of freaked me out.

I'm really starting to hate this shit. Can 2cc's go into the delt okay? I know delts are okay for IM injections, but the nurse said he didn't want to put that much into my shoulder when I asked.

I'm really thinking hard about trying to hit my upper glute where the nurse used to. I never had any pain there after the injection. I think I can use the mirror.

One per week. Most would be 1cc. I just asked about 2 as that's what I was doing at the time the nurse said no delts. I might split these up (against the advice of my doc) but I have a bunch of pre-loaded needles that they gave me. I have ordered some extra syringes to do this. I'm just having shit luck with injecting myself so far.

I'm curious what kind of luck others have had with other sites, and if there is an upper limit for how much to put into them.

One per week. Most would be 1cc. I just asked about 2 as that's what I was doing at the time the nurse said no delts. I might split these up (against the advice of my doc) but I have a bunch of pre-loaded needles that they gave me. I have ordered some extra syringes to do this. I'm just having shit luck with injecting myself so far.

I'm curious what kind of luck others have had with other sites, and if there is an upper limit for how much to put into them.

For quads are your pinning to the outside of your leg or are you doing it right on top? Towards the outside is better.

I have pinned 3ml into my delts. You can do 2ml just fine. Ventroglutes is another great location.

Pinn twice a week inteadbof onceba week. This helps even out your hormone levels and make a estradiol leas of a problem. And the injected volumes become smaller.

For quads are your pinning to the outside of your leg or are you doing it right on top? Towards the outside is better.

I have pinned 3ml into my delts. You can do 2ml just fine. Ventroglutes is another great location.

Pinn twice a week inteadbof onceba week. This helps even out your hormone levels and make a estradiol leas of a problem. And the injected volumes become smaller.

Thanks. I will try the delts.

I was pinning quads in the upper outer portion. The nurse that showed me had me flex them and find the thickest part of the muscle belly in the area. It seems I have better luck hitting them from the outside than I do straight on. Thursday I hit something unpleasant and just moved outboard an inch or so and it was fine there.

I'm not getting why my doctor is adverse to the twice a week schedule but my E2 is still low. I had it checked again last week. Maybe that's why doc doesn't care about it. I thought for sure that last test was messed up but I guess is wasn't. Hemocrit is coming up but still no estradiol.

Thanks. I will try the delts.

I was pinning quads in the upper outer portion. The nurse that showed me had me flex them and find the thickest part of the muscle belly in the area. It seems I have better luck hitting them from the outside than I do straight on. Thursday I hit something unpleasant and just moved outboard an inch or so and it was fine there.

I'm not getting why my doctor is adverse to the twice a week schedule but my E2 is still low. I had it checked again last week. Maybe that's why doc doesn't care about it. I thought for sure that last test was messed up but I guess is wasn't. Hemocrit is coming up but still no estradiol.

Have you checked your estradiol at the peak and trough?

Back