gh question

needsize

Community Veteran
just curious if anyone knows the answer to this...
as bodybuilders, we generally take gh in the morning, afternoon, or twice a day at both times. But it looks like when Docs prescibe it, they prescribe it before bed...I work with a kid who is on 6iu a day, given to him at his bedtime...
so why are we taking it at different times then people on scripts?

We use it as a different application, i'll explain.

The bulk of our own natural GH production is in the first 2 hours of deep sleep(R.E.M.), in which somatostatin is turned off, and GHRH is turned on... resulting in bursts of HGH. However, if prescribed there's a condition which disables this. If a condition is present, injecting before bed will allow it to mimic the natural pattern that would occur if the pituitary were functioning properly.

Body Builders(or users with a functioning pituitary) inject when GH production is at it's flattest; upon wakeing and in the afternoon. This is also when cortisol levels are at their highest, and we all know the catabolic effect cortisol can have. So by well-timed GH injections you can counter these effects.

Hopefully that summed it up.....

PARKER27 said:
We use it as a different application, i'll explain.

The bulk of our own natural GH production is in the first 2 hours of deep sleep(R.E.M.), in which somatostatin is turned off, and GHRH is turned on... resulting in bursts of HGH. However, if prescribed there's a condition which disables this. If a condition is present, injecting before bed will allow it to mimic the natural pattern that would occur if the pituitary were functioning properly.

Body Builders(or users with a functioning pituitary) inject when GH production is at it's flattest; upon wakeing and in the afternoon. This is also when cortisol levels are at their highest, and we all know the catabolic effect cortisol can have. So by well-timed GH injections you can counter these effects.

Hopefully that summed it up.....

very good answer, thanks

PARKER27 said:
My pleasure.

What type of care home do you work at?

I spent years working in an acredited childrens mental health centre, now I just work in a plain old group home with a mix of behavioural kids as well as ones with tourettes, etc

needsize said:
I spent years working in an acredited childrens mental health centre, now I just work in a plain old group home with a mix of behavioural kids as well as ones with tourettes, etc
Wow, I admire the level of patience something like that would require. I truly feel there's a few people that could effectively do that job, and for that I tip my hat to you.

PARKER27 said:
Wow, I admire the level of patience something like that would require. I truly feel there's a few people that could effectively do that job, and for that I tip my hat to you.

thanks bro, I love kids, and it saves me actually having to get a real job... :)

They have done mult studies that deal with pulsatile vs. continuous gh applicaiton. Weighing the risk-benifit always has to be measured. It has kong been known that pulses testosterone causes an exponential increase in side effects, hence we tend to use long acting applications.

The doctor is trying to mimic the natural state....as bodybuilders you would want to benefit from the maximal amount of pulses that the body can benefit from. They have done continuous hgh models in rats that demonstrated that the rats with pulsatile delivery had a much better anabolic response than the rats receiving cont drips. I think that the amount of injections would be dependent on the dosage delivered. For example, of lot of the AIDS wasting pt I have seen on Hgh deliver 18 ius in one injection. This is probably better delivered over 2-4 through the day.

I did some work with ped endocrinology a few years ago. It was amazing to see the response of kids on hgh. There growth curver is som amazing at the younger years.

Back