Gimme a break...................

jozifp103

Really?

The needle was straight as an arrow going in when I re-capped it. Somehow it bent inside the cap and poked through and jabbed me right in the thumb. Hurt like a mother. I swear it hit an artery lol cuz I bled profusely for like 20 mins. Went through 3 blood soaked gauze pads before it stopped. Just thought I'd share my near death experience.

Anyone ever have this BS happen before?

2qc3xuu.jpg

Holy crap. i guess i need to stop ramming my caps back on when im done... Didn't think this was possible since the needle is always straight when going into the cap.
Thanks for the heads up! Good job not bleeding out!

Sheesh. Cant say ive had that happen but heres a trick so it wont happen again. Scoop up the cap WITH the needle dont pick it up with your fingers. Grab by the base and snap it on. Youll never have an issue again. :)

Last edited:
Really?

The needle was straight as an arrow going in when I re-capped it. Somehow it bent inside the cap and poked through and jabbed me right in the thumb. Hurt like a mother. I swear it hit an artery lol cuz I bled profusely for like 20 mins. Went through 3 blood soaked gauze pads before it stopped. Just thought I'd share my near death experience.

2qc3xuu.jpg
WE Need to see That Finger

Sheesh. Cant say ive had that happen but heres a trick so it wont happen again. Scoop up the cap WITH the needle dont pick it up with your fingers. Grab by the base and snap it on. Youll never have an issue again. :)
Definitely gonna start using that strategy. I mean I've had my finger pricked before giving blood plenty of times...but this sent a jolt through my body lol.
WE Need to see That Finger
I wish I got a pic of it before I wrapped it up....unfortunately taking a picture wasn't top of my priorities at the time lol.

Really?

2qc3xuu.jpg

I just had my second random nose bleed of the day, this one was worse than the one this morning. I wonder who bled more? lol

At this rate we wont need to donate blood for a while haha

I'll be honest, years ago I was a junky. After shooting up and being in a clear state of mind, I had the cap in my teeth and the same thing happened except it jabbed my lip. WINNING!!!!

Been there done that. You put the cap on at an angle, the needle caught on the wall, started bending as you applied pressure, and poked through. I do the scoop method too, or grab the cap by the end, so even if it pokes through, it won't stab me. :p

What's worse is when you get a needle to bend like that while it's in you. ;) That's why I try to avoid glute pins at all costs. I get a cramp from reaching back and twisting (Yeah, working on flexibility), so I'll just jam that bastard in. I guess I came in at an angle, of course the wife was talking to me, and next thing I know - syringe is sideways, with the needle all the way in. Luckily I didn't break it off, and only tore some skin. :wiggle:

I had it happen with a damn slin pin. Same thing, right in the thumb! I now have the largest strongest thumb around these parts:)

Did it once when I was drawing with a 1" and injecting with a 1 1/2". Put the cap of the smaller one on the bigger needle and OUCH!!

How on earth do you get oil to push through a 31g?

Works just fine. It's a .3 cc barrel. It actually injects easier than a 3cc barrel and 25g needle. The pressure from the smaller diameter plunger is many many times that of the large plunger, so it all works fine.

I have so many people surprised at this I've been tempted to make a video and throw it on YouTube. I usually set the vial on top of a hairdryer for 30 seconds first, and then I can draw and inject .25ml in under a minute. And it's totally painless.

Works just fine. It's a .3 cc barrel. It actually injects easier than a 3cc barrel and 25g needle. The pressure from the smaller diameter plunger is many many times that of the large plunger, so it all works fine.

I have so many people surprised at this I've been tempted to make a video and throw it on YouTube. I usually set the vial on top of a hairdryer for 30 seconds first, and then I can draw and inject .25ml in under a minute. And it's totally painless.

Yep, the bd 0.3cc 5/8" insulin pins are great for small doses. I use them for HCG and my wife's pins. Just wouldn't want to try using them for a full-blown cycle though.

Back