Giving Up

Because I was a 135 lb high school kid that was invisible and picked on for being skinny Never going to be small again. I love to train and NEVER miss workouts, so many times I've been tired , sore, sick ,injured or just lazy but I always get off my ass and go to the gym!!! 2 weeks after double hernia surgery I was repping out DB presses w 100 pounders doctor said 8 weeks recovery I said bullshit what do you know about lifting? Bout the same as I know about giving a prostate exam lol

coz im a fucking mad c*** and without this iron i still would be a mad c*** but with it i am king . repeat this phrase " i cant is a coward, i might is a soldier, i will is a KING "

Because i was told that i couldnt and would not have the body like anyone in a magazine, that was 5 years ago when i was playing lacrosse for a nationally ranked team (and i thought i was in the best shape of my life) no where near where i want to be but i have come along way. Work hard and play harder is what they say, work hard, hit the gym harder is what i say, and because it feels good to be healthy and live a healthy life style.

The reason I keep going, is knowing one day I will look back and wished I did. I know what I am capable of, and wish to myself to the fullest.

images

Last edited:
newbie here... great topic. why giving up sucks? starting over sucks even MORE. about 6 months back after almost 5 years off. let life's bs take me away from the gym. wife, business ect. think once you've worked out seriously you'll never get it out of your blood. just another person telling everyone how i "used to be in shape like that" lol. so, now when i have days like that again i suck it up. know that starting over is not an option. fool for life

When you get to that point thats when a 1-2 week rest period comes into play. After that your refreshed and ready to get back to it.

Back