Glutamine Taste

gladius75

Novice
Can anyone give me ideas on how to make Glutamine taste any better? I mix it with my vanilla protein shakes and it doesnt help. Thanks :goof:

i mix mine in with sugar free koolaid or crystal light, i dont care so much about the taste as that nasty gritty texture! make sure to keep swirling the container or youll end up with "sediment" all over the bottom lol.

My Fav is Lean body Choclate mixed with sugar free Cherry Jello:)
Choclate cherry cheesecake almost!! I love it;)
The glutamine I just drink a bit of crystal light,spoon,swish & down it!
If I ate every thing for the taste I would eat choclate,pizza & ice cream everyday!
Like the hardcore guys say"if it tastes good, your not dieting"!

I mix it into my protien shake before and after a workout. I slam the shit so fast I dont taste it.

I never liked Glutamine and never got any results from it, but if you think it tastes bad, do what I did. Put 5 grams in a cup, a sip of water, and just down it. That way instead of drinking a cup of shit, it's a sip of shit. Know what I meen? Instead of filling the cup to the top just put in very very little water and down it. Plus, having it with water is the purest way it'll go down.

I tried it with orange and cranberry juice (seperately, not at the same time lol) and I could still taste the glutamine, nothing made it go away

dude glutamine is pretty much tasteless. Now I do admit, not when it comes to water though. Mix that stuff in a glass of water and it makes the water taste like $h*t. But if you mix it with anything with flavor, you shouldnt be able to taste the glutamine.

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
I never liked Glutamine and never got any results from it, but if you think it tastes bad, do what I did. Put 5 grams in a cup, a sip of water, and just down it. That way instead of drinking a cup of shit, it's a sip of shit. Know what I meen? Instead of filling the cup to the top just put in very very little water and down it. Plus, having it with water is the purest way it'll go down.

I tried it with orange and cranberry juice (seperately, not at the same time lol) and I could still taste the glutamine, nothing made it go away

Dude, i think its a joke when people say glutamine doesnt work because they dont see any results. Glutamine is not like a creatine or NO supps. its nothing that is going to pump you up or give you shit loads of energy. Read up on the purpose of the product and then maybe you'll understand. you need to understand its purpose.

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:

You got bad shit then!
It feels grainy in your mouth and that's it!!!!!!!!!
Fuck if you tasted protein powder in the 80's it all tasted like shit,smelled like shit,looked like shit,made you shit..good thing I did not step on it :insane2:

Old Balls said:
not so much a taste, more of a gritty product...gotta mix it in a protien and drink fast.

Ya lose some in a shake...sip of water & take it with a spoon like a man :eyes:

Yep but if you want it to taste good I would go mix it with ice cream & pizza.................right:)
That "sand" might help you get that extra 1-2 reps you need to put you over the top someday!
Shit Rocky/Sly drank 5 raw eggs.for REAL.........I will take the sand instead thank you:)
lol

I put 5-7g in a water bottle and take concentrated lime juice, and adjust to taste:D the lime is so strong it basically eliminates all taste of glutamine.

hmmm...tastes like fukkin sand. Try it in gatorade.

I just recently have been forcing myself to take it with a spoon and then wash it down with gatorade or crystal light. I know it sucks. But i think its more effective that way.

BTW...
Been reading some past posts on glutamine ....and theres people that swear by it...and theres people that think its a waste of $. Im startin' to have second thoughts on it, myself.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1202028&postcount=1

Last edited:
Honestly, I have found that flavors take getting used to. Now, I can down glutamine in water like it's nothing because my taste buds have adapted. Yeah, it tastes like shit and the texture isn't necessarily the most pleasant consistency, but don't forget that you sometimes need to make sacrifices to get the body you want. You think glutamine tastes bad? Try pure green tea extract or better yet green foods powder. Tastes like death!

But, to answer your question: take the advice of these wonderful board members as well! They have made some great suggestions.

I tried all kinds of combinations, combining with tea, OJ, shakes, whatever; but in the end, it was less of a hassle to just grab a spoonful and chug it down with water. Takes 2 sec.

Back