Got Grip?

I'm starting to get real problems with my index fingers on both hands, even waking me up now...I started to use straps again but It's not getting better, it's a dull ache and feels so stiff when I hold a dinner plate that I have to bend it out. Any ideas ?

Are you talking about the joints in your fingers? Do you take anything for it currently, glucosamine, msm - etc?

I take cod liver oil, glucosimate, msm, they have helped no end for all my other joints but not for my fingers ...I think it's the tendons that hurt, not the joints there's no lumps bumps or anything..it's wierd I've never had it before...

brads58 said:
I do do overhand grips, have never tried the other grip (one over, one under).

Also, I've gotten better, but on my flat DB press, I tend to lose my grip and the weight starts to come inside instead of straight/curved to an extended motion.

The weight I'm doing isn't insanely too heavy, even though my grip is a little shotty, I'm still progressing in weight. So I don't really know if it's my grip or fatigue setting into my forearms, which really aren't that strong.

getting back to the orig post. you need to switch to ovr/und i was doing doubld overhand on all my lifts and my deads wouldnt go past 225 for reps. im up to 405 and have no problem holding the bar. i'd suggest some chalk, and some hammer curls and other mass building forearm exercises...thats what worked for me. Also, any type of lift, you should be concentrating on gripping the bar or machine with as much force as possible, that'll improve your grip too, though more slowly.

brads58 said:
Well I went to the gym today, did a leg workout/stretch, then I got some 70lb DB's and walked around the gyms little track. I made it halfway, dropped them, picked up and went almost the other half, dropped, then picked up again and finished. I don't know if it's working my grip, but it sure as hell is working those forearms. I then picked them up again and just held them for 20 seconds, which was really how long I could hold them in a decent manner.

This is called a farmer's walk, I found it on some site when searching for grip techniques. Pretty much the only thing I can do are these. I can hang from the chin up bar, I'm about 295lb, so I don't really get a use out of that exercise, and the gym doesn't have wide bars that I was reading about, something like 2 inches thick.

staic holds with dbs or bb's work well for dead lift grip. use a dbl overhand on the bb holds. keep workingon it and your grip will improve. 2xw is plenty of grip work

either use a hook grip or under/over on heavy deads if you dont wanna use straps

I had some grip issues caise of the tendonitis in both elbows\forearms...so pullin double over hand w\straps for floor deads and trying to get this flare up under control.

Back