growing too fast on left side only? wtf?

Getl4rg3

Hey all,

I seem to be growing more with my left arm and my right arm is lacking. I only have veins on left bicep and delt but none on right arm just the usual forearm veins. My left arm is noticeably bigger than my right.. no one notices just me.

Why would this be happening?

Stats: 5'10, 209lbs, 12-13%bf

NOBODY is perfectly symmetrical. Like you said, no one else notices but you.

It happened like that over a lifetime of dominant use of a particular side of your body.... It can even be genetics!

Try using db's instead of bb's for exercises.

If the bigger side is stronger, use same weight on both sides until failure. START with your weak side, whatever rep you are at for failure, do that amount on the stronger side.

It can take years to "fix" this since it took years to get that way.

You are DEF not alone!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah sweet as. I thought about the DB only idea for a while but our DB at gym only go to 50kg.. i am right handes yes

Yeah so....your stronger dominant right side is actually more "tightly packed" lean muscle, therefore, smaller than your left side.

Thats why it is interesting .....Personally, my right side(dominant side) is bigger and stronger.

It bothers the shit out of me!!!!!...but that's life.....from your eyes to your toes .... no symmetry!!

I also try using my smaller/weaker side as often as I can...ie...carrying groceries, or whatever it may be.

Eventually they will become more closely symmetrical....(but not perfect!!!).... if you try and make it more of a point ...

mate its probabaly coz ur pull ur pecker with that side LOL, na central nervous system buddy most ppl dont relize this but the nervous system is responsible for all ur movements . now when u lift ur brain sends signals out through ur nervous system for most people one side fires milliseconds before the other . wallah one side slightly bigger then the other

very interesting Diced, cheers mate..

Also while we are on the topic im having trouble gaining mass on my arms compared to my body. Im very big on heavy compounds i believe they are the key to growth but i just dont get the mass on my arms as much.

Im 209lbs 5'10" and my arms are about 17.5inches atm is that small you think?

Too much fapping bro, try switching it up lol. But yeah the two guys above said what I was thinking. My left bi is is slightly bigger than my right.

That's normal.....usually your dominat side will also present with shoulder lower then nondominat side..... we are our own worse critic. Look carefully at others from behind and you will see what I mean........its okay! Means your human!

Yeah thanks guys, i actually havent been flogging much at all im on a good run at the moment haha.

Anything else on bringing up my arms to body proportion?

Well what u can do is alwaus start ur reps.with the side that is lacking etc "curling" can be caused by incompleted reps nor improper form.. also when u switch out ur weights use the smaller side it works.. trust me

Concur with KINGTOLO, also try negative reps on the side ur lack n
Negatives do some work man believe me !! Good luck and stay with it

I've been a reader of this forum for a while but never posted.
Getl4rg3 post is really apt for me too. If you think you're symmetry is out check this:

I'm left handed and left footed/legged. My non-dominant bicep (right) is smaller than my left, as you'd expect. However, my non-diminant calf muscle is bigger than my left dominant side. What gives in this situation guys?
Popeye50's answer for going to failure on your weaker side and only doing the same reps for the dominant biceps sounds pretty good. I'm gonna try it myself.

Last edited:
Back