growth plates in back?

simpllyhuge

i hurt my back around 5 months ago, so i got a mri and xray of my back and i was just wondering if the doc can see if a person is done growing by looking at their back. I know a doc can by looking at the knees and hand.

I dont know, but I always thought its in the wrist that they look in. Im pretty sure on this one .

simpllyhuge said:
i hurt my back around 5 months ago, so i got a mri and xray of my back and i was just wondering if the doc can see if a person is done growing by looking at their back. I know a doc can by looking at the knees and hand.

Don't know about the back but you're right about the knees, had mine done at 17; they were off by about 3/4", not bad IMO.

Sorry about that. The docs were "off" in their growth estimation for me by about 3/4", didn't grow as tall as they expected.

had my wrist x-rayed like 3 yearws ago for that. i was supposed to hit 6'2, stopped at 5'11. pisses me off

The doc x-rayed my wrist, and said that I would not grow anymore. But since then, I have grown an inch and a half, thats weird

obviously he was wrong. did you us AS rude and then still grow after it? and how old were u when u grew another inch.

simpllyhuge said:
obviously he was wrong. did you us AS rude and then still grow after it? and how old were u when u grew another inch.
I just grew recently, since I started to take the Anavar (var) (im 20 years old). I saw the doc when I was 17, and he told me that my "bone age" was 19 and that I was done growing period. I have yet to use any steroids other then Anavar (var) , later this month I will use equipoise/ Anavar (var) . Im actually going to see a doc soon, about my height and I will keep you updated :) right now, im 5'8" I want to be 5'10" so I can play football in college

JUIice is not good for growth plates, it closes them. I began juice at 29 yo, so completed growing. Wait till 20 yo before juicing, you'll grow more!

The only place you can tell is in the epithisal plates in the long bones (not in irregular bones) - if the cartilage in the plates have turned to bone - then you are done growing.

Nautica

simpllyhuge said:
natica i take it none of those are located in the back? what about the knee?

nautica is right. no, noe growth plates in the "knee"

when you say knee are you referring to your patella (knee cap)? or the articulation of the femur and tibia?

there are growth plates in the femur and tibia but not at a "knee"

also no, you cannot estimate "growth" or "height" with vertebra.

There tend not to grow after 18 yrs of age in height, since it is considered an "irregular"bone and its function is not for height or anything just support.

also height is also determined by the hydration of your IVD (intervertebral discs)..more hyrdated they are, the more "taller" you may seem but throughout your day and as you get older, the IVD's become smaller.

so in essence. dont estimate height via checking vertebrae

Yeah

Kakdiesel said:
nautica is right. no, noe growth plates in the "knee"

when you say knee are you referring to your patella (knee cap)? or the articulation of the femur and tibia?

there are growth plates in the femur and tibia but not at a "knee"

also no, you cannot estimate "growth" or "height" with vertebra.

There tend not to grow after 18 yrs of age in height, since it is considered an "irregular"bone and its function is not for height or anything just support.

also height is also determined by the hydration of your IVD (intervertebral discs)..more hyrdated they are, the more "taller" you may seem but throughout your day and as you get older, the IVD's become smaller.

so in essence. dont estimate height via checking vertebrae

Should have been more specific, they checked my femur but was in for knee problems. Sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

Back