Gym Etiquette

Protein farts. Please don't release these in my vicinity. Unfortunately my partners do this occasionally and it's the most distracting thing ever. It hangs around while your breathing heavy. Disgusting.

I really can't judge though. I blast a few every now and then. I just try to take it in the corner of the weight room. Sometimes folks walk through it, and i feel bad. Sometimes they're women, and i feel a little less bad. I wonder why that is?

Been off the site for like two months now at least really surprised this was still going. Always a good laugh hearing about all the douchebags at the gym

I really can't judge though. I blast a few every now and then. I just try to take it in the corner of the weight room. Sometimes folks walk through it, and i feel bad. Sometimes they're women, and i feel a little less bad. I wonder why that is?

That is a risk they take walking into the lions den lol

Fat by the bench presses - those guys are usually huffying and buffying they're forced to breath in your bacteria Hahaha.

I wish I could do that, but I'm that much of an ass. The old people at my gym don't rack the weights in the correct order, and I try but now I give up....

I you use any equipment that has a seat or bench, and you drip and sweat over it like a pig, clean it the fuck up before you leave!!!!!

Guy walks down to the dumbbell racks, proceeds to pick up two 35lb db's and then heads back to the squat racks; pulls up an adjustable bench, sets it for incline and proceeds to do incline db presses in the squat rack.

Why?

Seriously...?

I can get over the nuttards that are feigning MMA skills in between sets, or the 150lb kids posing in the mirrors - hell, I can overlook the dumb twats that grab 45lb plates to do do some weird chest press in the ab station... but SERIOUSLY?

Shit just makes me shake my head sometimes.

Then again, there's this guy that hops on MY cable crossover station so he can do "standing bilateral biceps curls". Some people's kids. :doh:

I just went off about gym etiquette problems today also, all very valid points.

Almost makes me want to drop some coin on my own stuff and bypass the whole gym bs.

I switched gyms and have far less frustration/desire to buy my own stuff. But the thought crossed my mind.

The last place I was at had way too much talk, way too much people in your business and that.

After a while I went out and bought an iPod strictly for gym use. I would just plug in the earphones and tune everyone out. Eventually I still got frustrated with the people there sitting around and talking/standing in the way and watching peoples form. I don't know why it got to me.

I switched to a different gym and far happier over the last month where people talk little and just do their own thing. That is priceless because it saved me from going out and buying what I cannot currently afford :)

Holy shit I love this thread! I work at a gym so I know exactly what everyone is talking about on here! My girl hears me rant about this shit all the time...
My biggest pet peeves are when people bitch to me about the real lifters grunting or being too loud. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OVER IT. THEY DON'T COME TALK SHIT ABOUT HOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIFT AND THAT YOUR WORKOUTS ARE SHIT! I don't think grunting or yelling is a necessity but it you are passionate about your training and it helps you stay amped then keep it up! If you don't like the grunting, invest in some Beats headphones instead of your over priced gym attire!
When people don't sweat.
When they use our fucking towels as grips! Gloves bitch!
And when they spend 40 bucks a month to use the treadmill for 15 mins a day and bitch about prices...
And guys that never train legs or abs so they have this fucked up looking physique.
Done :)

8/10, nice rant!

I love my gym for the most part. Most people are cool. It is ghetto. Big free weight are small cardio section. Only one rack curler, and one creepy old guy who must be naked in the locker room at all times. Much better than what I have been to before.

Don't do upside down leg presses on the smith machine
Don't take up more than one machine at once and when asked if I can go in between you say no
Don't horde dumbbells and not even use them
Don't try to conversate with me, I'm at the gym to workout and not socialize

Yup: 4,5,6,7,8,9 are especially bloody annoying.

These should be gym rules hung up in all gyms. The young new recruits should be forced to swear an path to not stand right in front of the preacher curl brnch when I am using it trying to catch my form.
Aaaaaaarrrrgggh!!

had a guy once try to give me advice while i was doing hack squats lol.... he said i wasn't using enough weight.. LOL

so i watched him do about 250lbs on the squat.. asked him if could work in and dropped 500lbs on the bar.. and squatted it...

caught him again on deadlifts pulling 300lbs... asked him if i could work in and pulled 635 in front of him...

shuts them up pretty damn quickly.. he never spoke a negative word to me again..

had a guy once try to give me advice while i was doing hack squats lol.... he said i wasn't using enough weight.. LOL

so i watched him do about 250lbs on the squat.. asked him if could work in and dropped 500lbs on the bar.. and squatted it...

caught him again on deadlifts pulling 300lbs... asked him if i could work in and pulled 635 in front of him...

shuts them up pretty damn quickly.. he never spoke a negative word to me again..

Hahahaha nice

Haha god damn,that must be fun..

All of those bother me, but i am very socially awkward and paranoid. I just go sometime around 1am and have a cage and set of weights in the garage just in case i am feeling really anxious.

I can go one better? worse? At my Gym we had a brief moment when Superpump 250 was THE pre workout.. unfortunately no one realized right away that it had a nickname of ' superdump' for a reason. So for 2 months, in the summer, with only 1 of the 2 industrial AC units working for the floor everyone was super dumping in their shorts. Protein farts smell like lavender compared to that shit.. I loathed everyone of those trendy pre workout drinking bastards long after they stopped taking it.. the smell lingered on everything.

Protein farts. Please don't release these in my vicinity. Unfortunately my partners do this occasionally and it's the most distracting thing ever. It hangs around while your breathing heavy. Disgusting.

God dam bro ! Serious numbers you putting up !

Back