Had my growth hormone levels checked, confused about my results?

PsychoFox

So I had my hGH levels checked. But I'm really confused about the results.

It blood was drawn immediately after waking, and then every 30mins for the next four hours.

My results were:

Sample 1: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 2: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 3: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 4: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 5: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 6: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 7: less than 0.1 ug/L
Sample 8: less than 0.1 ug/L

(The reference range of normal is: less than 3.0 ug/L)

But they don't state what is too low.

My results of less than 0.1 ug/L = 0.1 ng/mL = 10 ng/dL which I think tells me I'm low, very low. I'm 38 years old. And I have a feeling this is way too low for someone my age.

I've tried looking online to find a reference chart of normal levels for age groups but I cant find anything. Does anyone have any info?

I'd really like to bring it to the doctor and show him. Because to him he just sees "oh okay you're below the maximum" but doesnt ask how low is too low.

do you have any cycle history? are you on any meds, antidepressants?

No cycle history.

No meds whatsoever. I had a whole blood workup done (I'm waiting for rest of the results). I requested full blood workup because I notice my height has decreased by 2 inches since the last time I checked nearly ten years ago (doctor confirmed loss of height with their measurements as well).

I do take vitamins (Multi, D, C, E, B3, CoQ10, PQQ, and Zinc)

you lost 2 inches in height in ten years? most curious, how old are you?

I'm 38.

But for more than ten years I had a massive vitamin D deficiency (and I didn't know about it until I pushed the doctor to check my levels in 2013, and they were rock bottom).

How could you manage to lose 2"? Do you have back or neck problems? I have a couple of discs that are collapsed and only lost 1/2"

What's your Doctor's Diagnoses of your Problem.
Besides the Vitamin D deficiency.
Is it Osteoporosis, or Low Bone Mineral Density.

I had a Disc removed back in 1977, and have only lost 1" since that time to the present.

Your Loss of 2" in Height is even more Severe than a Study I was looking at.
Where the Worst Loss in Height was only 4 CM., or about 1.5".

Is this Doctor doing anything to Combat this Problem, if not, see another Doctor......................... JP
P.S.
Here's that Study I mentioned.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28154943

What's your Doctor's Diagnoses of your Problem.
Besides the Vitamin D deficiency.
Is it Osteoporosis, or Low Bone Mineral Density.

I had a Disc removed back in 1977, and have only lost 1" since that time to the present.

Your Loss of 2" in Height is even more Severe than a Study I was looking at.
Where the Worst Loss in Height was only 4 CM., or about 1.5".

Is this Doctor doing anything to Combat this Problem, if not, see another Doctor......................... JP
P.S.
Here's that Study I mentioned.

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28154943

The doctor isn't doing anything. I've started a thread here with the full blood test results:

https://steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/693333-had-full-blood-work-up-done-doctor-isn-t-going-do-anything.html

Back