Hair loss

Vennom96

I'm 23 and I'm starting to get a little thin on top. :(
Is Rogaine a good choice and will it stop hair loss even while on juice?
I've read some posts before about spiro... something or other, or fino something, but I can't remember. But if I remember right, doesn't that stuff have to be run for 3 months before your cycle for it to even work?

Topicals will work pretty quick, and they prevent more hair from being lost. So I would suggest Rogaine or a generic (Walmart) brand to prevent more from falling out. ..use it ASAP every day.
Finasteride is sold at most online research chem suppliers and works REALLY well at growing new hair back. It takes about 3 or 4 months to notice though. I have never used Spiro and know little about it. Do a search here on the board, I am sure there is much about it somewhere.

So would you suggest using both then? Or just stick to one or the other? Does Finasteride grow more hair back than Rogaine?

Thanks

Rogaine is supposed to be better for regrowth a little. Finasteride and spiro are preventative measures.

NYC

NYCEE said:
Rogaine is supposed to be better for regrowth a little. Finasteride and spiro are preventative measures.

NYC

So Fina and Spiro dont do anything for regrowth? If not, would it be best to take both, Rogaine for regrowth and Fina and spiro for preventive maintenance?

And do you have to use these products all the time or is it like a steroid and you "cycle" it off.

Finasteride has been shown to regrow hair, but in most people it justs stops the hair loss and Spiro can help prevent hair loss. You can also throw Nizoral in there as a preventive measure.

Vennom96 said:
So Fina and Spiro dont do anything for regrowth? If not, would it be best to take both, Rogaine for regrowth and Fina and spiro for preventive maintenance?

And do you have to use these products all the time or is it like a steroid and you "cycle" it off.

It would be best to run spiro and minoxidil together if you want regrowth. Some finasteride wouldnt hurt. Im no pro on this though.

NYC

Dude,

I was like almost bald and I used finasteride for a year and ALL my hair grew back... It stayed there untill I started to run 2 week cycles of M1T and I decided to listen to needsize and use sipronolactone. It maybe just my imagination but I feel like the sipro made even more hair grow back, but I am certainly not losing anymore.

Golgo13 said:
Dude,

I was like almost bald and I used finasteride for a year and ALL my hair grew back... It stayed there untill I started to run 2 week cycles of M1T and I decided to listen to needsize and use sipronolactone. It maybe just my imagination but I feel like the sipro made even more hair grow back, but I am certainly not losing anymore.

Once you started the spiro, did you stop the Finasteride?

Also I read the Rogaine box and it said it is for regrowth of hair on the vertex (top back) of the head. Will Rogaine, Spiro, or Fina also work for the receding hairlines by the temples?

Vennom96 said:
Once you started the spiro, did you stop the Finasteride?

HELL NO!

My hair is beautiful, I will never take chances with it.

besides, Finasteride has a benifit to Gear users... It keeps the prostate in check. I would never quit using either.

minoxodil only grows peach fuzz on your head, not real hair, and as soon as you take a break or stop using it all the peach fuzz goes away.

Golgo13 said:
minoxodil only grows peach fuzz on your head, not real hair, and as soon as you take a break or stop using it all the peach fuzz goes away.

So would you say that minoxodil is pretty much a waste then?

What should I do then, try finasteride or both finasteride and spiro?

If one will be good enough then I'd obviously rather do that for financial reasons but if doing both is better than I'll do that.

zack3082 said:
where do i get finasteride and that spiro?

Just go to Yahoo and do a search for "finasteride" and tons of pages will come up that you can buy from. Same thing for Spiro but thats not the full name, you'll need to know that in order to do the search.

i typed in fina at yahho and came up with alot of places, how do i know these are legit? is there anywhere i can get this stuff locally

Back