Health Condition Advice Prior to Beginning

nycguy11

Hi all,

It was recommended to me that I'd make this it's own thread.

I'm currently interested and curious about starting steroids and learning more about the procedures, processes, and requirements. I wanted to ask everyone out there what the risks would be about starting them while being HIV Positive, undetectable / healthy and healthy active lifestyle. Of course, I wouldn't want to do any damage to my immune system or cause any interaction with the medication I take but was wondering if anyone had anymore insight on this or have experienced the same situation. I suppose this is my first step to determine whether or not I will further expand my knowledge in the whole process. Any advice or recommendations would truly be appreciated. Thanks!

This is Definitely a question for the Physician who is treating your HIV.
To see if there are any reported Side Effects between your Current Meds and AAS.

If your Liver Enzymes are Elevated currently, or they tend to become Elevated from time to time due to the HIV.
Then I would stay Far-Far Away from any AAS............................................... JP
P.S.
Remember that AAS put a Strain on your Heart/Liver/and Kidneys.
So when you are either in Poor Health, or your Body Fat Percentage is High ~ the Strain is even Greater.

I suppose this would be something that I would have to further discuss with my physician, i'm sure he won't like it too much.
I usually have a check up with blood work done where everything always comes back great with no concerns at all, including my liver enzymes - I will need to look furthermore into it, or maybe just not stay on it for long. Thanks for your reply!

OP I'm happy to see you trusted our members here to ask this type of Q's. We all agree as you do, this really needs the doctors to figure out and advise. With that I might ask that after you learn the details as to why the docs say NO GOOD (if they do) please come back to the thread and update us.

Thanks n Good Luck,

OMM

How long has it been since you were diagnosed? Also what***8217;s your treatment at the moment? How many pills does your doctor have you taking everyday? It***8217;s a pretty strict diet they have you eating I***8217;m assuming, high in antioxidants?

It's been 3 years. I get blood work to make sure that my T-Cells are high and no other areas are affected. I eat a very clean bulking diet and go to the gym, my life is pretty much healthy, its one pill only. Overall, my immune system is normal and healthy and I face no challenges, the virus is undetectable due to the medication. I eat a clean diet because I prefer to. I just don't want to complicate anything before I decide to move forward with more research.

That***8217;s great that you***8217;re doing well. How old are you? Did you get it from drug use or was it sexually transmitted? You can live your entire life if you keep things healthy. Why do you want to use aas? Sorry to keep asking questions, I***8217;m honestly interested in your situation.

Thank you all for your feedback.
I'm almost sure that his response would be to not attempt at it as its not good for your overall health, but it's worth a shot at asking so he may prepare for any of the monitoring procedures that may need to take place. I need to do some reading and figure out which product/where to obtain/and how to use and learn the abbreviations to better understand. I was told to not purchase online so i'd have to find a blackmarket somewhere in NYC lol.

Thanks all

brings up a good questions as to if people with low genetics should even cycle at all. the strain on their already lowness would be extra harsh.

brings up a good questions as to if people with low genetics should even cycle at all. the strain on their already lowness would be extra harsh.

There's extremely few cases where I wouldn't recommend AAS.
Overall though, i'd recommend it to pretty much anyone that I know will be serious with training and diet.
It gives so much benefits, both physical and mentally, things such as confidence etc.

you'd have to be super careful.. exogenous testosterone weakens the immune system..

so def talk to a doc.. and def dont go higher than your natty levels in trt

It might be hard to find direct information. I've had to piece together a lot about my epilepsy medications and epileptics as a group. Running a cycle . . .I dont know. TRT probably.

I'm on TRT due to medication side effects. A new medication started from seizure outbreaks made me dive into its effects, how the body processes it and such. Both epilepsy medications and the aromatase inhibitor/AI anastrozole all overlapped in liver processing possibly leading to increased levels of all and all with some evidence that can burden the liver, elevate liver values and even effect my lipid profile.

Finding a doctor who will OPENLY talk might be hard but if you can narrow questions down it might help.

I know testosterone is prescribed due to one of my Dads friends having late stage AIDS but he was wasting away and very sick with a very weak immune system.

https://journals.lww.com/jaids/Full...rone_Replacement_Treatment_Options_for.6.aspx

Hit Google up and see what studies you can find and research medications.

Back