Help! Free Test Levels Too high!

jjrapstar

Guys, I’m really concerned about my free test levels. They have never been this high. I am scheduled to see Doc next week.

Im 47 and have been on TRT for almost 10 years. Was with a clinic but now with a private doctor. 200 mg a week.

Not sure if this has affected my levels, but I started to take SARMS. After about a week I decided against it and stopped taking them. Was off SARMS for a week before blood test. Not sure if one week on SARMS can affect this.

Testosterone, total, MS 964

Testosterone,free 321.2

What are the dangers of free test being so high?

Was there a dosage change?
Did Total Test change?
What's SHBG?
Estrogen?
Are you taking an AI?

Thanks for the reply. No dosage change. Been 200mg for about 10 years. Normally hover between 700-800ish total test.

Was off trt for a few months, that bloodwork had my total test at 134. I felt horrible. Been back on 200 mg a week for about 6 months. This was my first blood test since being back on.

They didn’t do my estrogen levels for some reason.

No AI. I generally don’t need an AI unless I go over 200 per week (in the past if I cycled or blasted) but that’s been years.

I did do a 4 week cycle of pro hormone 5 to 6 months ago. Can’t imagine that is still affecting me.

SHBG I’m not sure. I know I should know this but my last clinic never talked about it with me. They Always monitored my total test and estrogen levels. I assumed SHBG was the free test, but perhaps I’m wrong. My blood test doesn’t list SHBG..none of them ever have. Always assumed it was the Free Test.

SHBG is Sex Hormone Binding Globulin. It is what the sex hormones such as Testosterone and Estrogen bind to in the blood stream. What isn't bound by SHBG is "free" to attach to receptors in the muscle, brain, etc. So generally, high free testosterone is seen as a good thing.

For what it is worth, most docs won't check your SHBG levels unless they are trying to get to the root of a problem.

I'm just theorizing, but your Free T could be high if your estradiol levels are elevated. The Estradiol would compete with the Testosterone to be bound by your SHBG. So checking estradiol would be a good thing.

If you are really interested in what's going on, many would suggest looking at your Bioavailable Testosterone instead. Personally, I think Total Testosterone is fine unless there's some complicated issue that you are trying to figure out.

Last edited:
Back