help! optimal off-cycle time for bloodwork?

Dirty Workout

gents,

i was doing my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) through an internet hrt company, but have decided i'd rather go through my local doctor.

he's a general practitioner and won't prescribe me if i go in there with on-cycle levels, so i came off cycle 3 weeks ago (tomorrow will be 21 days). i'm 40 years old and was taking 1 cc of test cyp per week. i'm basically trying to get my hormone levels as low as possible as quickly as possible so i can go see him, get bloodwork done, get prescribed, and get back on.

my question is, when is the optimum amount of time to be off-cycle when i go see him? i'm guessing it's between 3-4 weeks but i'm not sure. also, the other important question is: how long should i TELL HIM i've been off? if i'm honest, i'm afraid he might say, "i need you to be off cycle for another couple weeks so we can let your natural levels come back up." so i'm thinking i should book an appointment with him for early next week but tell him i've been off-cycle for 5 weeks. thoughts?

also, i read that licorice extract helps suppress your test levels, and that i should use it for a few days before going to see him. true/false?

any help is appreciated. thanks guys.

seriously guys? over 100 views and zero replies? c'mon, help a brother out. i know many of you out there must know the answer to this. please help!

I know that staying up the whole night before will keep your test low. As for clearing times, you're looking at 14 to 21 days for cyp, I think. Look it up on one of the post cycle therapy (pct) stickies.

Last edited:
I have tired to do the same think and I tired to do a week before a blood test getting completely off test and mine still came in high. But was with in range. I do 1 cc a week of test plus 6 pumps of androgel 1.62%
Oh and my doc told me he wanted to check again since it came in high he said that if they let the blood sit too long it comes in high. So if you come in high get him to retest. Also you can say you was taking some test booster from the GNC.

Did you do any post cycle therapy (pct)? I did mine 3 weeks post PCT at cycle test levels close to yours and my ranges were back to normal.

Back