Help with High E2 on TRT???

Well it's been a while, just been cruising along on trt 100mg test cyp once a week. Fell off the training and diet wagon around Thanksgiving time and just recovered around 6-7 weeks ago. I had a test from private MD labs about 8 months ago show high E2. If memory serves me it was over 50 non sensitive assay. Bodyfat is probably 26-28% right now. I know I'm a fat ass. I just had bloodwork done with the endo and asked her to check E2. My appointment was on a tuesday, but I was taking my 100mg test on wednesdays. Last week I took my shot on tuesday (1 day early) since my appointment was on tuesday and my TT was 404 and E2 was 42 (12-41 range). I'm waiting to hear back from the endo on what she says about the E2 and if I have a follow up appointment before I do anything.

My question to you guys is if the endo says it's fine and doesn't want to address the E2, which I suspect will be the case. If I wanted to try using adex (which I have on hand) what would be a good starting point? .5 a week on trt days? Once taking adex how long do I wait until getting bloodwork to see what it's doing? 2 weeks? Thanks in advance.

Two questions for you:

1. How do you FEEL with your current protocol? That's a pretty low trough, which is to be expected with E7D injections.

2. Actually, more of a follow-up to my first question; have you thought about trying E3.5D injections? It sounds like you are doing your own injects, so that would be feasible if you are willing to try it.

Splitting your dose in half not only smooths out those peaks and valleys, but can lower your estradiol without having to use an AI. I suggest this as you're *barely* out of range for a sensitive assay, and close to the optimal value for a normal assay which adex may just be too much - unless you take a VERY small dose.

My .02c :)

Two questions for you:

1. How do you FEEL with your current protocol? That's a pretty low trough, which is to be expected with E7D injections.

2. Actually, more of a follow-up to my first question; have you thought about trying E3.5D injections? It sounds like you are doing your own injects, so that would be feasible if you are willing to try it.

Splitting your dose in half not only smooths out those peaks and valleys, but can lower your estradiol without having to use an AI. I suggest this as you're *barely* out of range for a sensitive assay, and close to the optimal value for a normal assay which adex may just be too much - unless you take a VERY small dose.

My .02c :)

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that would be the first suggestion. I think my troph would have been even lower had I not injected a day early. My last troph test a few months ago was 247 TT. I do feel bloated and puffy at times. I think I have somewhat of a mental block with the every 3.5 day injects due to the fact that I would be I jetting such a miniscule amount.

Once the endo cuts me loose I was actually hoping to try bumping my dose to 200mg test cypionate per week and then using the every 3.5 day injects. I have everything on hand to make it happen.

So I guess in a way I answered my own question. If I bump to 200mg here soon just give it a couple weeks and see where the new dose puts everything and go from there.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that would be the first suggestion. I think my troph would have been even lower had I not injected a day early. My last troph test a few months ago was 247 TT. I do feel bloated and puffy at times. I think I have somewhat of a mental block with the every 3.5 day injects due to the fact that I would be I jetting such a miniscule amount.

Once the endo cuts me loose I was actually hoping to try bumping my dose to 200mg test cypionate per week and then using the every 3.5 day injects. I have everything on hand to make it happen.

So I guess in a way I answered my own question. If I bump to 200mg here soon just give it a couple weeks and see where the new dose puts everything and go from there.

So you plan on doubling your dose without consulting your physician. I take it that means you feel like crap.

Why not voice your concerns with your endo and tell them that you still don't feel 100%, and would like to try a higher dose. This way you're getting (hopefully) a dose that fixes what's going on, and you don't have to worry about getting caught taking more medicine than prescribed.

You WILL need an AI at that higher dose by the way.

So you plan on doubling your dose without consulting your physician. I take it that means you feel like crap.

Why not voice your concerns with your endo and tell them that you still don't feel 100%, and would like to try a higher dose. This way you're getting (hopefully) a dose that fixes what's going on, and you don't have to worry about getting caught taking more medicine than prescribed.

You WILL need an AI at that higher dose by the way.

Well it was explained to me that the hospital has very strict guidelines as far as dose goes. I was already told that they dont want my TT at peak to be over 800. Problem is I'm at 847, so they wont raise the dose even though troph was at 247. Now the issue is I was just tested and came back at 404TT, so the endo said she cant raise the dose. Problem is my appointment was not on my true troph day and I ended up taking last weeks dose 1 day early. I asked to be retested and the nurse told me that the endo said to just stay on the 100mg per week even though I told her I start feeling lazy and moody a couple of days before my shot.

So what is wrong with seeing how I feel at 200mg per week? I have been planning to do that for a long time to see how my body reacts to it, but I've been playing by the rules. I figured that would be better than flat out doing a cycle. I have no future appointments scheduled.

Bleh, I had this long post, but had to turn may phone off when the boss wanted to chat - and lost it. :(

The short version is that it may be time to find a new doc. I do personally take a lot of my protocol into my own hands, and it does add up in cost rather quickly. Btw, the only limit on total testosterone is physiological range max on a blood panel - which can be disputed as each lab has a different range. Anyone who says different is spouting opinion, not fact. ;)

Do what you want, but having a script really makes things easier.

Back