Help with Propecia?

Dlove

Product of Test
I know this isn't a muscle enhancing drug so sorry if it's in the wrong forum but didn't know where else to put it.

I was wondering how many of you guy's have taken Propecia and what kind of negative side effects you got? I am on a medical dose of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at 200mg a week and sex drive is excellent. However I have been reading that sex drive gets crushed when you take Propecia. Anyone notice that the test doesn't work as well in regards to sex drive when taking it? Also I hear it's real hard on the liver anybody know about that?

Yeah boss Im right there with you, I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for a lil bit at 250mg a week with occassional blasts of 500 to 600mg and sex drive seems to be come and go lately but more cum than not lol. I think its just a matter of getting my estro undr control. But have been thinning a bit on top and I use nizoral and try and take care of my hair as best as I can. I want to keep it as long as I can an Im 38 so doing better than my uncles and grandpas lol. So went to the doc and he prescribed me proscar generic and wants me to take a 1/4th ed. I was all for it cause its had good success stopping the thinning and regrowing it for as long as your on. Then I started reading more and saw the horror stories as well and I am on the edge on one hand I am vain and want to look my best my body is looking good want to keep my hair tht way. But me and my lady have an amazing sex life and I dont want to screw tht up at all. SO im on the fencepost dont know what to do.

There are quite a few of us on this forum who take propecia. I'm 30 with a full head of hair and I take Finistride. Generic Propecia. 1/4 tab a day and my sex drive is still full force with full hard on's. I am even in a post cycle and my test levels were as low as 162. Still getting up and still getting off. Those whore stories you read about were less than 2 percent of men and they were usually in thier later ages. late 40's late 50's. I will take the finistride for as long as I am running test. I plan on that for some time.

I think I will give it a run. Im 35 and have been showing signs for a while now and if I can't stop it soon Im gonna be totally bald. Does Propecia actually show some regrowth? I hear the first month I will shed a lot of what's left that is lol up top and then I guess the regrowth.

I think I will give it a run. Im 35 and have been showing signs for a while now and if I can't stop it soon Im gonna be totally bald. Does Propecia actually show some regrowth? I hear the first month I will shed a lot of what's left that is lol up top and then I guess the regrowth.

Yes, it is actually capable of causing regrowth, and from my understanding that regrowth is dose dependant

I saw a study that i'll try to dig up that showed the effects of a placebo group, and then a couple different dosages of finasteride and dutasteride

In this phase II, dose-ranging study, 2.5-mg dutasteride was superior to 5-mg finasteride in improving scalp hair growth in men between ages 21 and 45 years with MPHL as judged by target area hair counts, expert panel assessment, and investigator assessment at 12 and 24 weeks.

In a test area at 24 weeks, results showed:
Placebo -32.3 hairs
Finasteride 5mg 75.6 hairs
Dutasteride 0.1 mg 78.5 hairs
Dutasteride 0.5 mg 94.6 hairs
Dutasteride 2.5 mg 109.6 hairs

Adverse Effects

Both dutasteride and finasteride were well tolerated in this phase II study, and no new safety concerns have arisen in any of the phase II and phase III studies of dutasteride given at doses up to 5 mg daily (the 5-mg dose was used in a phase II study for BPH).

There were no significant differences in side effects, serious adverse events, or withdrawals due to adverse events among any of the treatment groups, including placebo. In total, 11 subjects withdrew because of adverse events: 3 were in the placebo group (irritable bowel syndrome and impotency), 7 in the dutasteride 0.1 mg group (decreased libido, malaise and fatigue, mood disorders, skin disorders, injuries caused by trauma, and gastrointestinal- and neurology-related complaints) and 1 in the dutasteride 0.5 mg group (gastrointestinal discomfort and pain).

Decreased libido was noted in:

2 subjects in the placebo group
2 subjects in each of the 0.05-mg and 0.1-mg dutasteride groups
1 subject in the 0.5-mg dutasteride group
9 subjects in the 2.5 mg dutasteride group
3 subjects in the finasteride group

Of the 9 subjects with decreased libido in the 2.5-mg dutasteride group:

4 resolved while receiving therapy
1 resolved within 3 weeks
1 resolved within 8 weeks of stopping drug therapy
1 subject, decreased libido continued after therapy had been stopped and was presumed by the subject to be unrelated to the trial or drug therapy

Concerning possible sexual adverse events, there was no evidence in the present study that either dutasteride or finasteride was associated with impotence. However, 9 men in the 2.5-mg dutasteride group complained of decreased libido, compared with 1 man in the 0.5-mg dutasteride group and 3 men in the finasteride group. As with previous studies with finasteride, this adverse event was characterized as either mild or moderate in severity and often resolved with continuation of the medication. In the 4-year follow-up of the phase III trials in BPH, dutasteride (0.5 mg) was well tolerated and the incidence of the most common sexual adverse events was low and tended to decrease over time.

Dutasteride vs. Finasteride for Male Pattern Hair Loss | Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

I dont know if its related or not but I did take 1/4 pill yesterday and today I feel amazing more energy and woke with a raging hardon and me and the woman pounded it for over an hour of amazing sex so think I may give it a go an see what happens.

Probably not the fina more than likely my hormones are regulating an getting back to normal from the tren and the high estro from a bad Aromatase inhibitor (AI) an now I got a good one. lol

Back