Help With PWO Shake Please

KoRn01ForLife

Hi guys. My name is Anthony. I am new here (obviously). I post at I-T, EF, IMF and HBOTW.

Ok. On with the question. I have been using a PWO shake that consists of 2 scoops of whey protein, 2 cups of 1% milk, a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I love this shake. Apparently though, I have been doing it all wrong and need to buy some maltodextrin and/or dextrose (preferably both). Fine. A 50/50 mix of dextrose and maltodextrin sounds great. Apparently I can get them both really cheap, or at least malto, which by itself I am told is just fine, dextrose isn't as important.

The question is, do I just drop the banana and PB and add the malto/dextrose or whichever one I get, or do I drop the milk too? Because i was told to drop the milk as well by someone on one of the boards. So should I mix the whey and carbs in water?? Or juice?

Normally I blend the shake in the blender but if I have to use water now, I dont need the blender right?? This will prolly taste like shit, unless I can use juice or stick with the milk.

Sorry for the q?s but this is important to me. Thanks for the help:)

Welcome to the board.

For my post-workout shake I use dextrose and whey protein at a rate of 2 grams dextrose to 1 gram whey. I mix them both in water in a blender, the blender really helps with the dextrose. I also add in 10 grams of glutamine and 5 grams creatine.

Dextrose you can pick up at any wine/beer making supply store for about $1/lb.

StoneColdNTO said:
Welcome to the board.

For my post-workout shake I use dextrose and whey protein at a rate of 2 grams dextrose to 1 gram whey. I mix them both in water in a blender, the blender really helps with the dextrose. I also add in 10 grams of glutamine and 5 grams creatine.

Dextrose you can pick up at any wine/beer making supply store for about $1/lb.

And that about sums it up.....

dynamite thanks a lot

if anyone lives in Canada apparently Bulk Barn carries malto/dextro (either both or one of the 2 i forget) @.75/lb

well, today I did 8 tablespoons dextrose, 2 scoops whey (vanilla flavoured isolate) and 2 cups water. This was the sickest shit ever. I wanted to puke. I suffered through it, but damn, with all that corn sugar, I felt kind of uneasy, I mean, it felt like I was drinking a bunch of sugar (which i guess I was). The tatse was awful, and when I added a bit of chocolate syrup to add some flavour, it was worse. Tihs was the sweetest, yet most disgusting, thing ever. Any way i can make it taste better? And are you guys sure all this sugar (dextrose) is acceptable, even if its PWO?
Thanks

ya i replied, thanks again. I hope no one gets pisssed that I keep posting the same shit at all the boards but I am hoping to reach the biggest audience I can. I just need advice sometimes:(

i just drink my whey protein in either water or milk, depending on the protein i have at the time... and then drink creatine in kool aid.... and then eat... usually chicken breast and i try to get in brown rice, but i don't make it all the time... if not that then a big can of baked beans, thats fat free and almost sugar free... good shit

Back