help with shoulders

ski10804life

Ok am i over training or do i just need a new routine. I start with three sets of military press (switch it up using straight bar and dumbbells), i go right into flys (switch it up using dumbells and the fly machine), then right into upright rows, then i go right into bent over lateral raises. ussually do 3 sets of each, mix it up a little, not sure my shoulders hardly grow at all i can get my chest and tris and arms to grow just shoulders im having trouble with, please help. Respond on here but PMs are welcome to, thanks.

Shoulders is all about the roundness IMO. I only do about 3 sets of presses and then 4-5 sets rear delt flies and 4-5 sets side delt raises. be patient and eat, they will grow.

they have grown a little over the years but not like my other muscle groups, i think im proportioned right just wish they would be a little more round and full. With shoulders is it lighter weight high reps or moderate-heavy and 8-10 reps max?

You might try the less is more approach. Do a light/medium set of military and one killer set of 6-8. You know the one where your spitting and yelling and then move on and repeat the process with 2 or 3 different lifts, whatever you like to do.

You end up doing 3-4 real working sets but it will stimulate your shoulders for growth. I also notice my shoulders where always getting hit in someway, be it on chest days or whatever and this method or a variance worked very well for me.

Might help, good luck

I feel your pain with shoulders.. Mine suck.. i do 2-3 sets of laterals and front raises to get some blood flow.. Then i'm doing my heart pounder ( superset military press 225x's 10 with 20 rep squats on the smith machine with the same weight)...

I'm up to 225 military 3x's 10,, but my damn shoulders just won't grow.. I then compliment the military with other laterals and various machines, upright rows, shrugs , etc,,,, but the shoulders are very stubborn.

I have a feeling that heavy laterals and front raises would do the job, but i have some shoulder injuries that limit me to 30-40 lbs so thats a no go.

Yup I have tried everything, my diet to different lifts and training intensities. I fluctuate so much in weight I lift because of me trying to mix it up, I can go light and I can go heavy, I never get stronger with my shoulders though, like I said I have hit that natural barrier for about a year now, that***8217;s why I had a little package come in the mail yesterday...will be starting a log with the new gear soon, since I***8217;m a first timer this should be interesting. But hopefully with the clean diet I***8217;m on, the cardio I do and the training i put forth will make those dam bastards grow a little bit lol.

pick a weight you feel comfortable with and max out 60 reps 1 to 2 set. keep your body fat below 12 percent will significantly pronounce your shoulder

Thanks Mr P, i have tried to keep my body fat low throughout the winter but still gain, im on a different diet so hopefully will be around 10%if for the summer, i gather im around 12-13% so ppl say. Just got all my vitamins ;) so hopefully this will help to, first timer so im excited.

At 225lbs. your shoulders should be huge! Try doing them free-weight with a barbell. Heavy dumbells work great too. You sound like a crazy strong dude. You have to push yourself to failure unfortunately.

it is my opinion that most people overtrain shoulders resulting in less then optimal gains, U destroy the anterior head when u hit chest u also destroy the posterior head when u hit back that only leaves the lateral head(medial)to be hit. majority of my clients train shoulders with chest (anterior/medial head) then posterior head with back . I think its overkill having an actual shoulder day unless UNLESS ur on cycle.

one more thing, smash ur rear delts they really give the shoulders size in my opinion , they sure as shit give u a thick athletic back !

Diced,,, very interesting

2 separate shoulder days..... NEver thought of that.. IT makes sense.

I never really thought of it but all i really do with military press is adjust the chair angle , it then becomes an incline.. in a matter of a few degrees.

At the same time, i use the rear felt machine in the exact same fashion as i use the back fly, accept that i stand when i'm doing back, and i kneel when i do shoulders...

I'm going to attempt to restructure my workout days around this concept...

What's my bill? ;)

FREE ! coz u seem like a nice chap . give it a whirl , a single shoulder day is overkill unless ur on .

so not that im on i should keep it to a single shoulder day, and just blast them until i cant go anymore? first pin Saturday, first day in the gym was last did chest and tris.......pinned in the shoulder god dam it hurt couldnt work out for 2 days lol

only pin in ur shoulder if ur ass is like a pin cushion . i would go for the quad b4 the shoulder . if ur on cycle i would throw in a whole shoulder day . just make sure its as far away from chest as possible i would suggest a two day split something like this chest/back/rest/legs/shoulders,arms

oh ok, well help me out with me work out routine, i ussually hit chest and tris, then next day shoulders and abs with cardio, only to blast shoulders more. then did legs more abs and cardio and then the next day i did back and bis. Please help wanted lol

pinned in my thigh yesterday, hit a nerve on my right thigh....wow what a wake up that was, switched pins and then went for hte left went super smooth, didnt start to hurt until i got home from the gym and laid in bed, but its almost beter this morning, vergin muscle has to be the reason for this pain.

Back